Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Domingo Benavides  (Read 9979 times)

Offline Bill Brown

Re: Domingo Benavides
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2019, 09:54:26 PM »
Advertisement

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2019, 09:54:26 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2019, 11:00:00 PM »
Why don't you tell us where you think his jacket is.....

Try to focus: It's missing in the photo.

Oswald had a jacket; then he didn't.
Oh, my..

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2019, 11:39:08 PM »
Try to focus: It's missing in the photo.

Oswald had a jacket; then he didn't.
Oh, my..

Oswald had a jacket

Did he?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2019, 11:39:08 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2019, 12:05:45 AM »
Oswald had a jacket

Did he?

Mr. BALL. I'll show you this jacket which is Commission Exhibit 162---have you ever seen this jacket before?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, maybe I have, but I don't remember it. It seems like the one he put on was darker than that. Now, I won't be sure, because I really don't know, but is that a zipper jacket?
Mr. BALL. Yes---it has a zipper down the front.
Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, maybe it was.
Mr. BALL. It was a zippered jacket, was it?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes; it was a zipper jacket. How come me to remember it, he was zipping it up as he went out the door.
Mr. BALL. He was zipping it up as he went out the door?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes.

In her affidavit Mrs Roberts says that the jacket that Lee was zipping up was a DARK COLORED jacket.....

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2019, 12:24:11 AM »
Mr. BALL. I'll show you this jacket which is Commission Exhibit 162---have you ever seen this jacket before?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, maybe I have, but I don't remember it. It seems like the one he put on was darker than that. Now, I won't be sure, because I really don't know, but is that a zipper jacket?
Mr. BALL. Yes---it has a zipper down the front.
Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, maybe it was.
Mr. BALL. It was a zippered jacket, was it?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes; it was a zipper jacket. How come me to remember it, he was zipping it up as he went out the door.
Mr. BALL. He was zipping it up as he went out the door?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes.

In her affidavit Mrs Roberts says that the jacket that Lee was zipping up was a DARK COLORED jacket.....

Yes, but does that really mean Oswald did indeed leave the roominghouse with a jacket? Can we take Roberts' comments to the bank without verification? Let's not forget that Officer Baker, who had far better eyesight than Roberts, also said Oswald had a jacket on and Whaley claimed that he was wearing one, if not two, also.

Let's also not forget that Roberts was concentrating on getting the television to work, which means she had her back turned to the living room, as the TV was placed in the corner opposite to where the front door was. To cover the distance from Oswald's room to the front door, it only takes seconds and Roberts suffered from poor eyesight, being blind in one eye. At best, she would have seen Oswald in a flash as he rushed out of the building. Hardly sufficient to determine what exactly he was wearing.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 12:43:11 AM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2019, 12:24:11 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2019, 12:38:29 AM »
Yes, but does that really mean Oswald did indeed leave the roominghouse with a jacket? Can we take Roberts' comments to the bank without verification? Let's not forget that Officer Baker, who have far better eyesight, also said Oswald had a jacket on and Whaley claimed that he was wearing one, if not two, also.

Let's also not forget that Roberts was concentrating on getting the television to work, which means she had her back turned to the living room, as the TV was placed in the corner opposite to where the front door was. To cover the distance from Oswald's room to the front door, it only takes seconds and Roberts suffered from poor eyesight, being blind in one eye. At best, she would have seen Oswald in a flash as he rushed out of the building. Hardly sufficient to determine what exactly he was wearing.

Can we take Roberts' comments to the bank without verification? Let's not forget that Officer Baker, who have far better eyesight, also said Oswald had a jacket on and Whaley claimed that he was wearing one, if not two, also.

Baker was referring to the man that he encountered on an upper floor who was walking away from the stairs....He was not referring to Lee Oswald when he described the man who did not fir the description of Lee Oswald.  And Please don't use Whaley....I don't believe Lee was even in his taxi....He said that his passenger was wearing a BLUE workman's type jacket.

Hardly sufficient to determine what exactly he was wearing.

Have you read her affidavit?....  She seems very certain about seeing Lee leave the rooming house while zipping up a DARK COLORED Jacket...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 12:55:43 AM by Walt Cakebread »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2019, 12:50:16 AM »
Can we take Roberts' comments to the bank without verification? Let's not forget that Officer Baker, who have far better eyesight, also said Oswald had a jacket on and Whaley claimed that he was wearing one, if not two, also.

Baker was referring to the man that he encountered on an upper floor who was walking away from the stairs....He was not referring to Lee Oswald when he described the man who did not fir the description of Lee Oswald.  And Please don't use Whaley....I don't believe Lee was even in his taxi....He said that his passenger was wearing a BLUE worThe Lithping Larry Grayson "Oooh Shut That Door" doppleganger's type jacket.

Hardly sufficient to determine what exactly he was wearing.

Have you read her affidavit?....  She seems very certain about seeing Lee leave the rooming house while zipping up a DARK COLORED Jacket...

Yes I have read Roberts' affidavit and if you want to take that at face value, you are more than welcome to do so....

I have serious doubts about what parts of Roberts' story are true or not.

Feel free to ignore that she had poor eyesight and was blind in one eye, feel free to ignore that her employer said she made up things and wasn't always truthful, feel free to ignore that she was paying more attention to getting the TV to work, which means she had her back turned to the living room and feel free to ignore that it took less than 5 seconds to walk the distance between Oswald's room and the front door, thus narrowing the time span she had to make her observation, but I will require a bit more than "she said so in her affidavit".
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 12:59:40 AM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2019, 12:50:16 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2019, 12:58:46 AM »
Yes I have read Roberts' affidavit and if you want to take that at face value, your more than welcome to do so....

I have serious doubts about what parts of Roberts' story are true or not.

Feel free to ignore that she had poor eyesight and was blind in one eye, feel free to ignore that her employer said she made up things and wasn't always truthful, feel free to ignore that she was paying more attention to getting the TV to work, which means she had her back turned to the living room and feel free to ignore that it took less than 5 seconds to walk the distance between Oswald's room and the front door, thus narrowing the time span she had to make her observation, but I will require a bit more than "she said so in her affidavit".

Martin She not only said it in her affidavit ...reconfirmed it her testimony to the WC.     Damned if I can understand why you want to discredit her....  She's a valuable asset for us.