Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Assassination 3D animation by Mark Tyler  (Read 10791 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Assassination 3D animation by Mark Tyler
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2020, 10:14:32 PM »
Advertisement
Thanks Walt.  It has been a lot of work, but it has been worth the effort as I now have a better grasp of the events.

If you check on the web page https://www.marktyler.org/mc63.html and look at the table of photos, the "Dillard 1" photo is listed as happening at 12:30:10.45.  The yellow flash at 12:29:59 is where David Wiegman starts his film and captures the two cars in front of the TSBD:

Hi Mark... If Wiegman took the photo before Dillard the there is something drastically wrong... Because the Weigman photo( 12:29:59 ) is clearly taken from the intersection of Houston and Elm. ...But Tom Dillard's photo's were taken from a spot about half way between Main and Elm on Houston.   And that would mean that Dillard snapped his photos BEFORE the shots were fired.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2020, 10:14:32 PM »

Offline Mark Tyler

• Motorcade 63
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2020, 10:17:56 PM »
Hi Mark,    If I'm reading the animation correctly.....The shots that are depicted from the SE corner of the TSBD  at 12:30 pass right through the tree....   And Nobody could have fired a rifle through that tree and hit JFK.

FWIW...  I completely agree with your animation at 12:30.....   I created a scale cardboard model of Dealey Plaza many years ago and I used a small tube ( like a soda straw)  to sight down from the sixth floor window to the point where JFK was struck by the bullets that blew out the back of his skull.   I was stunned to find that the scale model tree that I had placed in my model obstructed the view of the Lincoln through the tube from the sixth floor window.    Which is exactly what you depict in your animation.

Unfortunately the 2D nature of the animation is a little deceptive here as the gunman on the 6th floor had a clear view of the limo after Z210.  After this time the sniper was able to take his aim carefully before the shot at Z313.

Here is a useful photo from the Warren Commission (CE 893 & 894) that shows the snipers view:

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2020, 10:47:10 PM »
Unfortunately the 2D nature of the animation is a little deceptive here as the gunman on the 6th floor had a clear view of the limo after Z210.  After this time the sniper was able to take his aim carefully before the shot at Z313.

Here is a useful photo from the Warren Commission (CE 893 & 894) that shows the snipers view:

Mark, I constructed a scale model of Dealey..... That was not  TWO dimensional.....When I looked down from the sixth floor window through the "soda straw"....I could not see JFK in the limo because the tree was blocking the view.

If you study the photo...I believe that you'll find that the photo ( depicting the cross hairs on JFK's back) was taken from the Daltex building....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2020, 10:47:10 PM »

Offline Mark Tyler

• Motorcade 63
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2020, 09:39:34 PM »
Hi Mark... If Wiegman took the photo before Dillard the there is something drastically wrong... Because the Weigman photo( 12:29:59 ) is clearly taken from the intersection of Houston and Elm. ...But Tom Dillard's photo's were taken from a spot about half way between Main and Elm on Houston.   And that would mean that Dillard snapped his photos BEFORE the shots were fired.

Dillard said that he took his photos just after Camera car #3 stopped on the corner from Houston to Elm Street.  Here is his quote from the Warren Commission:

"He states that upon hearing the third shot the car in which he was riding was stopped almost in front of the Texas School Book Depository building. He states at that time he heard Bob Jackson of the Dallas times Herald exclaim "I see a rifle. It’s up there in the open window." Then Jackson pointed toward the Texas School Book Depository Building located at Elm and Houston Streets.
Mr. Dillard stated he looked upward toward the building and saw nothing resembling a rifle protruding from an open window. He states he did, however, take two photographs of the building at that time."

https://www.history-matters.com/analysis/witness/witnessMap/Dillard.htm

This makes sense if you look at the photo as the angle shows he is almost exactly in line with the eastern side of the building on the right hand frame:

https://emuseum.jfk.org/objects/45067/image-of-the-top-floors-of-the-texas-school-book-depository?ctx=61e7fb5e-726a-4b7d-b463-10f299217156&idx=26

https://emuseum.jfk.org/objects/22812/photograph-of-the-texas-school-book-depository-shortly-after?ctx=61e7fb5e-726a-4b7d-b463-10f299217156&idx=29

Offline Mark Tyler

• Motorcade 63
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2020, 11:00:07 AM »
Here is the latest release of Motorcade 63 (version 2.0):

https://www.marktyler.org/mc63.html

I added these photos:

Powell
Dillard 2
Dillard 3

The animation now has a few more interesting witnesses and their movements:

Billy Lovelady
Gloria Calvery
Joe Marshall Smith
Edgar Smith
Welcome Barnett
Carolyn Walther
James Powell
The Franzen family
Amos Euins
Howard Brennan

I think Joe Marshall Smith might be the dark shadowy figure at the back of the Bothun 5 photo as the timing and position seems to be a close match.

I slightly changed the route of the knoll runner and the black dog man, as Marilyn Sitzman said they were a couple who ran behind the pergola and were responsible for a bottle smashing onto the ground.  This is probably what Lee Bowers described as a "commotion", as the narrative and timeline matches perfectly.

While studying the testimony of the Secret Service agents I noticed that Sam Kinney started his siren in the seconds following the head shot when his car was in the heart of Dealey Plaza.  This was corroborated by other witnesses so I consider this to be a major challenge to the dictabelt evidence:

How could the microphone pick up gunshots but not a siren?  We know that the microphone picked up sirens 2 minutes later on Stemmons freeway, so why not in Dealey Plaza as well?

More detail of this work is in the handbook section 9.1.1:

https://www.marktyler.org/mc63/mc63_handbook.pdf

The audio from the dictabelt recordings has been added to the video along with some other sounds that the witnesses reported.  Back in 1963 every witness would have heard each of these noises in a slightly different way.  For example the siren would have been loud and dominant to those closest to Secret Service car.  This might explain why the Secret Service agents and James Altgens didn't hear the final shot whereas those by the TSBD heard "three well spaced reverberating shots".  The final gunshot would have been louder to them as it was closer, and the siren was further away so it was quieter.

I have updated the handbook regarding the timings of the shots (section 6).  I have concluded that while most witnesses say they heard three shots, they are not talking about the same three shots: some say they were equidistant; and some say they were bunched on top of each other.  In other words the "consensus" among witnesses regarding three shots is a numerical illusion which disappears upon close inspection.

Many thanks to the people who made suggestions for improvements, and also the researchers whose many decades of work I have used in the book and the video.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2020, 11:00:07 AM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2020, 01:46:25 AM »
I know its a ton of work, and kinda tricky, but could a similar timing video be done for the controversy surrounding Adams coming down the stairs?

Offline Mark Tyler

• Motorcade 63
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2020, 12:14:32 PM »
I know its a ton of work, and kinda tricky, but could a similar timing video be done for the controversy surrounding Adams coming down the stairs?

This is a good point Gerry.  There are a lot of witnesses who gave testimony about their actions and movements in the minutes after the shooting.  Taken in isolation they are all somewhat tricky to reconcile, but putting them together in a 3D view of the TSBD it may be possible to work out what was going on, and who was where at what time.

It would be harder to be confident of the results because there are no films or photos, but I'm sure with enough time and effort somebody could make progress on this part of the case by having an animated real time reconstruction that connects all of the evidence.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2020, 12:14:32 PM »

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2020, 03:15:12 PM »
Mark, as always nice job on your work. I know media stuff is time consuming to make as I've done it for my entire career. But it'd be cool if you could put a circle in the building up by the window and it'd be LHO then kind of move him around like he puts the rifle in the hiding place then goes down the stairs. I know you can't do depth [meaning showing him going from the 6th to 2nd floor] but kind of make it look like he's going downstairs and then he [supposedly] meets up with the cop in the lunchroom.