Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Sniper's Nest Display by the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza  (Read 2541 times)

Online James Hackerott

Sniper's Nest Display by the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza
« on: November 08, 2019, 08:53:49 PM »
Advertisement
The glassed-in exhibit at the SE corner of the sixth floor is the museum's interpretation of the box positions at or shortly after the assassination. The West and North sides are viewable to the public. I took 114 images from various positions along those sides.. Many of these appear redundant but were taken from a slightly shifted position so that free viewing 3D stereo or cyan/red anaglyphs are possible to create. If you would like view a 3D anaglyph scene just let me know which pictures to use and I'll try to make the anaglyphs. Anaglyph glasses are inexpensive and can be ordered from Amazon.
Find the full size images on Google Drive at:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1E17Kz53NuF7PJx7pbS3rGxNlwY5TGXZF

PS You may notice that the window box is not tilted inward but repositioned, possibly to accomdate the EarthCam's coverage of the plaza.

JFK Assassination Forum

Sniper's Nest Display by the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza
« on: November 08, 2019, 08:53:49 PM »

Offline John Mytton

Re: Sniper's Nest Display by the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 10:05:40 PM »
The glassed-in exhibit at the SE corner of the sixth floor is the museum's interpretation of the box positions at or shortly after the assassination. The West and North sides are viewable to the public. I took 114 images from various positions along those sides.. Many of these appear redundant but were taken from a slightly shifted position so that free viewing 3D stereo or cyan/red anaglyphs are possible to create. If you would like view a 3D anaglyph scene just let me know which pictures to use and I'll try to make the anaglyphs. Anaglyph glasses are inexpensive and can be ordered from Amazon.

PS You may notice that the window box is not tilted inward but repositioned, possibly to accomdate the EarthCam's coverage of the plaza.

Nice, thanks for all the effort, you're a credit to the community.

JohnM

Offline Margaret Kelly

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 10:27:11 PM »

Big thanks. Do you have similar photos showing the south-western corner of the 6th floor? This is at the opposite end of the floor from the snipers nest, along the front facade of the building.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 10:27:11 PM »

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 11:58:10 PM »
Big thanks. Do you have similar photos showing the south-western corner of the 6th floor? This is at the opposite end of the floor from the snipers nest, along the front facade of the building.
Margaret,
These are the only ones I could find.

On the off chance one of these is of use to you I can upload the full size image. Of course, I'm a little curious what you might have expected from that area.

Offline Margaret Kelly

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 12:11:19 AM »
Margaret,
These are the only ones I could find.

Thanks anyway. I was there myself a few years ago and find the whole floor fascinating, especially the back area where the elevators are. I used to think the elevators opened straight out onto the floor (as in southwards) but surprised to see they open out east-west. Would love to be able to go down the back stairs to the 2nd floor vestibule area but that's off limits obviously. Don't know if that vestibule still even exists though.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 12:11:19 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2019, 12:23:37 AM »

Thanks James, those photos definitely help to clarify some things that are not obvious from the angles of the photos we are accustomed to seeing, very useful!