Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Dallas Police Crime Lab  (Read 7802 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Dallas Police Crime Lab
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2019, 05:47:23 AM »
Advertisement
Rusty was standing by as Lieutenant Day gave the rifle to Drain. Rusty told me that Drain was in a hurry to leave and was distracted by another FBI agent who was hurrying him to leave. According to Rusty, "Drain was half listening to Lieutenant Day and half to the other FBI man and evidently didn't get the word about the palm print at that time."

Well, Livingston was loyal — I’ll give him that. Unfortunately it’s revisionist history from 30 years later.

CE 3145, p. 7:

“Lt. DAY related on that night he told only two people that he had made the tentative identification of the palm print obtained off the underside of the rifle barrel with that of the known palm print of LEE HARVEY OSWALD. Lt. DAY stated these two individuals were Chief of Police JESSE E. CURRY of the Dallas Police Department and Homicide Captain WILL FR1TZ of the Dallas Police Department.”

By the way, both Curry and Fritz were stating publicly on 11/23 and 11/24 that they had no prints on the rifle. Day also refused to sign a statement about his alleged lifting of the print from the rifle.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 05:56:26 AM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2019, 05:47:23 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2019, 05:53:03 AM »
The FBI confirmed that Day's print had to have come from the rifle.

“Had to have”. LOL.

Let’s see the analysis.

This high res image of Day's print shows the random points that were used in matching the rifle prints.

What “rifle prints”?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 05:54:01 AM by John Iacoletti »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2019, 07:49:57 AM »
“Had to have”. LOL.

Let’s see the analysis.

What “rifle prints”?

“Had to have”. LOL.

Wow, "LOL" is such a witty response, I'm absolutely shattered.

Let’s see the analysis.

No worries.

JohnM

« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 09:30:14 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2019, 07:49:57 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2019, 09:22:56 AM »
Well, Livingston was loyal — I’ll give him that. Unfortunately it’s revisionist history from 30 years later.

CE 3145, p. 7:

“Lt. DAY related on that night he told only two people that he had made the tentative identification of the palm print obtained off the underside of the rifle barrel with that of the known palm print of LEE HARVEY OSWALD. Lt. DAY stated these two individuals were Chief of Police JESSE E. CURRY of the Dallas Police Department and Homicide Captain WILL FR1TZ of the Dallas Police Department.”

You're trying to hard Iacoletti, all of the above can be true, Day was still releasing evidence to Drain at 11:45 PM and it's possible that Day gathered the rifle and gave C2766 to Drain a little after midnight which means that Day was not lying when he said that he only told Fritz and Curry about the palm print on that night and then on the next day he told Drain about the rifle, and Livingston obviously heard what was being said to Drain, so everyone is clean, job done!

Mr. BELIN. What did you do with Commission Exhibit 677?
Mr. DAY. I released this, I released 677 to Vince Drain of the FBI, 11:45 p.m., November 22, 1963.

Day also refused to sign a statement about his alleged lifting of the print from the rifle.

Cite?

JohnM
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 09:41:39 AM by John Mytton »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2019, 01:10:21 PM »

CE 3145, p. 7:

By the way, both Curry and Fritz were stating publicly on 11/23 and 11/24 that they had no prints on the rifle. Day also refused to sign a statement about his alleged lifting of the print from the rifle.

Savage writes that not only Rusty, but Pete Barnes, H. R. Williams, and Bobby Brown also saw and compared the palm print that weekend. And it was front page news on 11/24/63.

History? Yes! Revisionist? I don't think so!

The key words are: "that he had made the tentative identification." Nothing in that statement precludes Day telling Drain about a palm print on the rifle (and Livingston overhearing the conversation).

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2019, 01:10:21 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2019, 01:16:06 PM »
Thanks Charles, the rifle had to touch Oswald's palm to leave a print and considering that Oswald wasn't accessible after a few days, the stupid conspiracy theory that the palmprint "magically" turned up a week later is only endorsed by the extremely desperate.

The FBI confirmed that Day's print had to have come from the rifle.

This high res image of Day's print shows the random points that were used in matching the rifle prints.

JohnM

Thanks John, yes the FBI had to have been satisfied with that evidence which indicates that the palm print came from the rifle. Otherwise, it seems to me that they would have been questioning the other officers who worked in the Crime Lab to see if they had seen the palm print.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2019, 01:17:30 PM »
I made the mistake of replying to Walt and discovered just how dishonest he really is, it's best to keep away.

JohnM

I usually do.  Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2019, 01:17:30 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2019, 02:26:51 PM »
I usually do.  Thumb1:

It's not unusual for a person who is attempting to propagate a tale to avoid those who can easily expose the lies.