Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Back to the movies with Julia Postal  (Read 28404 times)

Offline Ted Shields

Re: Back to the movies with Julia Postal
« Reply #176 on: February 14, 2020, 03:35:57 PM »
Advertisement
That's what we're trying to determine.....  We know that he was lying about hearing reports of Tippit's murder on the Radio....   WHY was he lying?

How do we know he was lying? Its perfectly possible that when the shooting report went out on the police radio that the news picked it up and reported it on the radio station Brewer was listening to before Oswald ducked into his store. KBOX Radio reported it very quickly.

Its also possible that he heard it later that day. After Oswalds arrest. He may have been mistaken. He may not have been.

Are we claiming Brewer was in on some plot?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #176 on: February 14, 2020, 03:35:57 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #177 on: February 14, 2020, 03:46:07 PM »
How do we know he was lying? Its perfectly possible that when the shooting report went out on the police radio that the news picked it up and reported it on the radio station Brewer was listening to before Oswald ducked into his store. KBOX Radio reported it very quickly.

Its also possible that he heard it later that day. After Oswalds arrest. He may have been mistaken. He may not have been.

There is evidence - I think proof - that the shooting was broadcast over the police radio and that numerous radio stations and news organizations listened in to the police radio. They did that regularly and in particular that day. They would hear the report of the shooting over the radio.

The next question is when did they - or one of them - report on the shooting? It's very different to tell when because the radio broadcasts were not updating the time. But it was clearly reported.

Mr. Cakebread shows every day here that he is grossly misinformed on the assassination. Frankly, it's not much benefit to try and respond to him. But it's your call.

Offline Ted Shields

« Reply #178 on: February 14, 2020, 03:57:09 PM »
There is evidence - I think proof - that the shooting was broadcast over the police radio and that numerous radio stations and news organizations listened in to the police radio. They did that regularly and in particular that day. They would hear the report of the shooting over the radio.

The next question is when did they - or one of them - report on the shooting? It's very different to tell when because the radio broadcasts were not updating the time. But it was clearly reported.

Mr. Cakebread shows every day here that he is grossly misinformed on the assassination. Frankly, it's not much benefit to try and respond to him. But it's your call.

Oh it was 100% broadcast and you're right - anyone could listen in to the police radio back then. Up until relatively recently actually. I used to!

Im just curious to what the theory is? Do people think Brewer is somehow part of a plot. That the plotters knew Oswald was going to duck into the store. And told Brewer to lie about Oswald looking suspicious? Or did Oswald not duck into the store and Brewer made it up being part of a plot?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #178 on: February 14, 2020, 03:57:09 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #179 on: February 14, 2020, 03:57:34 PM »

Why would Brewer lie and say that he had heard about the shooting of an officer  on the radio.....when there had been no radio reports of an officer shot?

He claimed that he had heard of the shooting before the man who appeared to be scared, looked in the window of his shoe store.  He said that he stepped outside to see where the scared looking man was going, and saw him "duck into the theater."....

In reality Brewer could NOT have seen where the man went when he stepped into the foyer of the Theater.....  Brewer went back into his store and he could not have known if the man actually entered the theater.  ( Butch Burroughs said that nobody entered the theater at that time)

We do know that Lee Oswald was in the theater.....  and at least one FBI agent was also in the theater.....

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #180 on: February 14, 2020, 04:03:54 PM »
Oh it was 100% broadcast and you're right - anyone could listen in to the police radio back then. Up until relatively recently actually. I used to!

Im just curious to what the theory is? Do people think Brewer is somehow part of a plot. That the plotters knew Oswald was going to duck into the store. And told Brewer to lie about Oswald looking suspicious? Or did Oswald not duck into the store and Brewer made it up being part of a plot?

Brewer is somehow part of a plot. That the plotters knew Oswald was going to duck into the store. And told Brewer to lie about Oswald looking suspicious? Or did Oswald not duck into the store and Brewer made it up being part of a plot?

Now your asking the same questions that I ask......  And it all stems from Brewer saying that he heard about the shooting of the officer at a time that the shooting had not yet been reported. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #180 on: February 14, 2020, 04:03:54 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #181 on: February 14, 2020, 05:29:57 PM »

I'm not sure what the idea is regarding Brewer and Postal. Some Oswald defenders say Oswald was fleeing the scene, the TSBD, because he believed he was going to be accused of the assassination. He realized he was set up.

So if he was indeed in flight - for innocent reasons - then it makes sense that Brewer saw a frightened or worried or desperate (whatever one wants to call it) Oswald. Oswald is, in this theory, afraid and that's what Brewer saw.

But the Oswald defenders want to see conspiracies everywhere EVEN IF the facts support their "Oswald was in flight because he was framed" theory. If one truly believed Oswald was in flight for his life then Brewer's description fits into that theory. Why refute it? It helps you theory.

Some conspiracy advocates are reasonable and thoughtful; some are not. This is an example of the latter.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #182 on: February 14, 2020, 07:06:45 PM »
I'm not sure what the idea is regarding Brewer and Postal. Some Oswald defenders say Oswald was fleeing the scene, the TSBD, because he believed he was going to be accused of the assassination. He realized he was set up.

So if he was indeed in flight - for innocent reasons - then it makes sense that Brewer saw a frightened or worried or desperate (whatever one wants to call it) Oswald. Oswald is, in this theory, afraid and that's what Brewer saw.

But the Oswald defenders want to see conspiracies everywhere EVEN IF the facts support their "Oswald was in flight because he was framed" theory. If one truly believed Oswald was in flight for his life then Brewer's description fits into that theory. Why refute it? It helps you theory.

Some conspiracy advocates are reasonable and thoughtful; some are not. This is an example of the latter.

Lee wasn't "in flight".... He knew the plan called for him to meet his  FBI handler in the Theater.   And that's where he was going.

When Ian Griggs talked to Johnny Brewer in 1996,  Griggs asked Brewer this question: So you asked Julie to contact the police and tell them what? 

Brewer replied:...Just that there was a suspicious person in there.   I still had no reason to have somebody call the police.  I'm not sure what the hell I'm doing here to start with. 

He hadn't seen the "frightened man" in the theater when he and Butch Burroughs searched the theater just minutes earlier....So why would he tell Julia Postal to call the police???

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #182 on: February 14, 2020, 07:06:45 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #183 on: February 14, 2020, 07:55:15 PM »

The radio broadcasts DID update the time. The radio broadcasts are linked here in the thread and on youtube. Do you have a watch? Just count the minutes.
Mr. BREWER - We were listening to a transistor radio there in the store, just listening to a regular radio program,
Mr. BELIN - Did you hear over the radio that the President had died?
Mr. BREWER - I heard a rumor. They said that----one of the Secret Service men
I could not locate that statement on the recordings.
Mr. BELIN - Do you remember hearing anything else over the radio concerning anything that happened that afternoon?
Mr. BREWER - Well, they kept reconstructing what had happened and what they had heard, and they talked about it in general. There wasn't too much to talk about. They didn't have all the facts, and just repeated them mostly. And they said a patrolman had been shot in Oak Cliff.
I have asked that if this was indeed announced on the radio recording before Oswald's arrest, that the timing be diligently pinpointed on the link. So far--no takers.
Mr. BELIN - All right, would you describe what happened after you heard on the radio that an officer had been shot?
Mr. BREWER - Well, there was heard a siren coming down East Jefferson headed toward West Jefferson.
Yet...according to the Dallas Police radio transcript.. no mention of any possible suspect was made around Brewer's area until @1:45
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/dpdtapes/tapes3.htm
I am not saying that Brewer was part of a plot. I am just saying that his story is obviously contrived and the Warren Commission went with it anyway.