Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Back to the movies with Julia Postal  (Read 28401 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: Back to the movies with Julia Postal
« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2020, 10:39:26 PM »
Advertisement
offering a woman the cab if she wanted it?

I believe this bit of the tale is an invention of the conspirators.   It was invented to lend credence to Whaley's tale.....
It could be ...but then why? I don't want to drift off topic. Anyway the testimony seemed so spontaneous-- ---
Mr. BALL. Let's take the 12:30 trip, tell me about that, what the passenger said.
Mr. WHALEY. He said, "May I have the cab?"
I said, "You sure can. Get in." And instead of opening the back door he opened the front door, which is allowable there, and got in.
Mr. BALL. Got in the front door?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir. The front seat. And about that time an old lady, I think she was an old lady, I don't remember nothing but her sticking her head down past him in the door and said, "Driver, will you call me a cab down here?"
She had seen him get this cab and she wanted one, too, and he opened the door a little bit like he was going to get out and he said, "I will let you have this one," and she says, "No, the driver can call me one."
So, I didn't call one because I knew before I could call one would come around the block and keep it pretty well covered.
Mr. BALL. Is that what you said?
Mr. WHALEY. No, sir; that is not what I said, but that is the reason I didn't call one at the time and I asked him where he wanted to go. And he said, "500 North Beckley."

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2020, 10:39:26 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2020, 11:57:38 PM »
It could be ...but then why? I don't want to drift off topic. Anyway the testimony seemed so spontaneous-- ---

I believe that you are misunderstanding.....  I don't doubt that a woman approached Whaley's cab at the bus station.....I'm just sure that Lee Oswald was NOT in that cab....

Lee Could have "admitted" that a lady came up to the cab simply to give himself an alibi that he was in Whaley's cab, which would have covered up the fact that he traveled to the rooming house by some other means.... Like a light green colored Rambler station wagon ......

If Lee said that the lady came up to the taxi....I don't know Lee's motive for "confirming" that incident...but I'm sure he was NOT in Whaley's taxi......

Offline Mike Orr

« Reply #138 on: February 11, 2020, 02:29:18 AM »
People who did not follow the game plan would soon find out that they should tell the story that fit the script or they would possibly be lacking enough oxygen to maintain life . Look what they did to those who wanted to buck the system and tell what they actually saw . Domingo Benavides , Dallas Drs. and especially Roger Craig !

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #138 on: February 11, 2020, 02:29:18 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #139 on: February 11, 2020, 04:19:42 AM »
Thanks for the wealth of information that poses many questions....
 Brewer [who seemed more concerned about the sneaker-in than anyone else] GOOD POINT!..... Why was Brewer so damned obsessed with the sneaker? We now know that He couldn't have known about the shooting of Tippit at that time.... So what the hell was he so concerned about?
One thing...Brewer did not submit an affidavit until two weeks after the event.
The cops had practically everybody else submitting affidavits that very day! Yet Brewer had a command position [supposedly] to ID a suspect right then and there at the theater. However, the cops made no attempt to further solicit his information at that time [apparently]
The Commission's chief bulldog [David Belin] seemed just chomping at the bit to interview this 'key' witness.
Mr. BELIN - I want to take you back to November 22, 1963. This was the day that President Kennedy was assassinated. How did you find out about the assassination, Mr. Brewer?
Mr. BREWER - We were listening to a transistor radio there in the store, just listening to a regular radio program, and they broke in with the bulletin that the President had been shot. And from then, that is all there was. We listened to all of the events.
Mr. BELIN - Did you hear over the radio that the President had died?
Mr. BREWER - I heard a rumor. They said that----one of the Secret Service men said that the President had died, and said that was just a rumor.
Mr. BELIN - Do you remember hearing anything else over the radio concerning anything that happened that afternoon?
Mr. BREWER - Well, they kept reconstructing what had happened and what they had heard, and they talked about it in general. There wasn't too much to talk about. They didn't have all the facts, and just repeated them mostly. And they said a patrolman had been shot in Oak Cliff. 
I don't remember hearing any newscast about 'Secret Service rumors' :-\ Perhaps...but I doubt that anyone connected with the government inquiry reviewed the radio broadcasts concerning the policeman's shooting.
If I somehow fell asleep while listening or had an abundance of wax in my ears I want to know..If someone can locate when & where the announcement-of the patrolman's shooting-& or death- was made-prior to 1:45 please call this to our attention.
From Myer's book on the Tippit shooting: "The exact time that Brewer heard the radio broadcast on the shooting of Office Tippit is not known, although it was very likely broadcast at about 1:31 p.m. over KBOX radio. There were five major radio stations covering the Dallas area - WFAA (570 AM), WPBAP (820 AM), KRLD (1080 AM), KBOX (1480 AM) and KLIF (1190 AM). All of them routinely monitored the Dallas police radio. Again, you wrote that he stated in his affidavit/testimony about listening to KLIF. Where did he say this? I can't find it."
Again ...I did not write that :) Throw straw all over the place but you can't change the facts. The [pretty much] exact time was stated by Brewer---1:30--But that was still even before the announcement of the president's death.
Dale Myers did not have the recordings that we do now.
 You do the math..beginning at the link the time was 1:37 CST [the official announcement of JFK's passing]
At 0:40 there is a suspect in custody [not Oswald] then they report a Dallas [police] Detective DOA at Parkland Hospital [hardly a suggestion of Tippit in Oak Cliff is it?] By 15:00 he apparently became a Secret Service man.
Certainly there was confusion that day and police were swarming all over Jefferson Blvd but not before the announcement of President Kennedy's death. 

Offline Ted Shields

« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2020, 09:28:37 AM »
I'm sorry Mr Sheilds.... But I don't believe Mrs Bledsoe was a rational witness.... I strongly suspect that she was suffering from Alzheimers ..... 

You're free to believe anything you want, but if you're honest with yourself and study Mrs Bledsoe....I'm sure that you'll find that she was rowing with only one oar in the water.

He had the bus transfer in his pocket. He was on the bus.

What was he doing on the bus 10 minutes after the president was shot outside of his building? Why didn't he wait around for his ride home with Frazier?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2020, 09:28:37 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #141 on: February 11, 2020, 01:42:57 PM »
Why didn't he wait around for his ride home with Frazier?

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2020, 02:25:59 PM »

What was he doing on the bus 10 minutes after the president was shot outside of his building? Why didn't he wait around for his ride home with Frazier?

I've never understood the CTer desire to cast doubt on Oswald's presence on the bus.  The bus went nowhere.  It accomplishes nothing in a conspiracy scenario to frame him.  It doesn't even explain how he gets to his boardinghouse since it doesn't take him there.  Imagine the conspirators creating a plan that involves faking Oswald's presence on a bus that goes nowhere, convince random folks on that bus (and which bus in Dallas do they select for this purpose?) of his presence or at least not to dispute he got on the bus.  All this for no apparent purpose since he has to get off the bus and then take a cab.  Wow.  What a plan.  Add a superfluous bus ride to the laundry list of random witnesses and events the conspirators have to conjure up to frame Oswald.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2020, 02:25:59 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #143 on: February 11, 2020, 04:03:06 PM »

A bus transfer in pristine condition ( nor wrinkled or rumpled from being in the pocket of a shirt that was stretched and torn by the police when they dragged Lee from the theater )  is not very convincing evidence that Lee Oswald was aboard Mc Watter's bus.....  Mc Watter's himself said that he was mistaken about the identity of the young man who was on his bus.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 04:05:13 PM by Walt Cakebread »