Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Back to the movies with Julia Postal  (Read 28405 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Back to the movies with Julia Postal
« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2019, 04:13:12 PM »
Advertisement
One  key element -- It has been demonstrated [in this thread] that Johnny Brewer could not possibly have heard about the shooting of a local policeman on the radio before 1:30PM Dallas time. Such a broadcast was not made until after Oswald was actually confronted in the Texas Theater. The Brewer story is just one example of the fake news surrounding the assassination.

Not only would it have been impossible for Brewer to have heard the news about a Dallas police officer being shot in Oak cliff .....He lied when he said that he followed the man and then talked to "Julie" and asked her if she had sold a ticket to the man.   Brewer told Ian Griggs that he stepped out onto the sidewalk and watched the man disappear from his view into the foyer of the Texas theater....Brewer said that at that point he went back inside his show store to lock up so he could go to the theater.    For all Brewer knew the man could easily have left the foyer while he was locking up his shoe store......AND   Butch Burroughs said that nobody had entered the theater at the time ....... 

Mr. BREWER - He walked into the Texas Theatre and I walked up to the theatre, to the box office and asked Mrs. Postal if she sold a ticket to a man who was wearing a brown shirt, and she said no, she hadn't. She was listening to the radio herself. And I said that a man walked in there, and I was going to go inside and ask the usher if he had seen him.
So I walked in and Butch Burroughs.----
Mr. BELIN - Who was Burroughs?
Mr. BREWER - He was behind the counter. He operated the concession and takes tickets. He was behind the concession stand and I asked him if he had seen a man in a brown shirt of that description, matching that description, and he said he had been working behind the counter and hadn't seen anybody.

P.S.  I'd like to read Brewer's affidavit.....  Where can I find it?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 04:15:49 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2019, 04:13:12 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #113 on: November 11, 2019, 09:28:25 PM »
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 09:29:29 PM by John Iacoletti »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2019, 11:00:33 PM »

Thank you for posting Brewer's affidavit.....   Clearly there are contradictions between Brewer's affidavit, his Warren Commission testimony and his latter day stories.

Probably the most revealing piece of information is that Brewer never waivers in saying that the man looked scared.....Well I'm her to tell ya...Based on Brewers steadfast statement that the man was scared....The guy was NOT Lee Oswald.    All of you know for a fact that everybody who encountered Lee Oswald after 12:30 that afternoon reported that he was calm and normal acting.   Starting with Marrion Baker and Roy Truly.....This encounter occurred just secconds after the shooting, at a time when a killer would be highly nervous......  But what did Baker say?....   He said that Lee Oswald was calm and normal, not nervous or afraid.... Then He encountered his foreman outside the TSBD and he acted totally normal....Then he encountered his Landlady Mr Roberts and again he acted normal...In a hurry but normal...Then Johnny Jump Up see a man that is acting scared and we are supposed to believe that the man was Lee Oswald....  I'm sorry Johnny...but your tale does NOT fit Lee Oswald.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2019, 11:00:33 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #115 on: November 11, 2019, 11:11:37 PM »

Notice that Brewer says that he had heard on the radio that the president had been shot ( Not that the President had died which was announced at 1:30pm) ) and he also heard that a policeman had been shot in Oak Cliff.....  We know for a fact that Brewer could NOT have heard about the shooting of Tippit before 1:30....or for that matter he probably couldn't have heard about the shooting of a policeman AT ALL....  Because by his own account he was off to the theater chasing a scared man and away from the radio....So how could he have heard the radio announce the shooting of a policeman ???   

« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 02:40:00 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2019, 11:29:32 PM »
Brewer didn’t say whether it was dark or not.

Exactly.

He said this:

Mr. BREWER - Yes; and she called the police, and we went----Butch went to the front exit, and I went down by the stage to the back exit and stood there until the police came.
Mr. BELIN - Then what happened?
Mr. BREWER - Well, just before they came, they turned the house lights on, and I looked out from the curtains and saw the man

« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 11:40:21 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2019, 11:29:32 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2019, 04:57:24 AM »
Exactly.

He said this:

Mr. BREWER - Yes; and she called the police, and we went----Butch went to the front exit, and I went down by the stage to the back exit and stood there until the police came.
Mr. BELIN - Then what happened?
Mr. BREWER - Well, just before they came, they turned the house lights on, and I looked out from the curtains and saw the man

So why do you think Brewer’s testimony contradicts Hutson, who said it was still dark in the theater?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #118 on: November 12, 2019, 06:27:53 PM »
Mrs Roberts said that Lee arrived at the rooming house at 1:00pm..... So he couldn't have been buying a ticket at the theater at that time.......

I've never considered Johnny Brewer to have been involved as part of the conspiracy.....   But one has to wonder what his motive was for making up the tale about hearing that a police officer had been shot in Oak Cliff.    He obviously made up that story, because the shooting of Tippit was not broadcast until AFTER Johnny Brewer had left the shoe store where he had been listening to the radio......   

I would guess that it was an after-the-fact constructed memory to justify why he followed and then had Julia Postal call the cops on a guy who he didn't see do anything wrong.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #118 on: November 12, 2019, 06:27:53 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2019, 06:50:24 PM »
I would guess that it was an after-the-fact constructed memory to justify why he followed and then had Julia Postal call the cops on a guy who he didn't see do anything wrong.

You may be right.... Perhaps Brewer was simply playing Dick Tracy that day.......  But here's what bothers me....  He had just bought a New Ford Fairlane and he had it parked in front of the shoe store. He told Griggs hat he really didn't want to be there at the store that day, because he wanted to go riding in his new car.   But his associate called in and said the baby was sick so he wouldn't be at the store that day, which forced Brewer to be there.  Brewer could easily have hung an "out to lunch" sign on the door of the shop and took a lunchtime drive in his new car.....   

There's something that don't quite mesh with Johnny Brewer tale.....   And I doubt that anybody will argue that his tale is full of inconsistencies