Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Back to the movies with Julia Postal  (Read 28376 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Back to the movies with Julia Postal
« on: November 02, 2019, 08:59:14 PM »
Advertisement
Start with the statements on her obviously concocted and convoluted sworn affidavit....
First ..she states that a man ducked into the theater as the police drove by.
Second..Postal said that her boss [John Callahan] jumped into his car and chases the police ???
I have noted in the past that it was never reported that Mr Callahan ever returned to his theater that was invaded by law enforcement authorities from all over Dallas. Does that strike anyone else as odd? At least extremely curious? What ever happened to Mr Callahan?
Third...back to Julia--As she stepped to the curb [by the way not telling Mr Callahan that a man just sneaked into his theater] she "turned around and saw Johnny Brewer" [who she apparently knew] who asked "did she sell that man a ticket" to which she replied "what man?" ::)
Well, by golly---Brewere would go look for him.
How long would it have taken for Brewer [who seemed more concerned about the sneaker-in than anyone else] to have gone in and searched around for this guy and come back out to give a didn't see him report to Postal?
Next..the individual that Postal mused earlier "what man" becomes a likely fugitive she decided :-\
Further...Julia takes charge and has Warren Burroughs [an usher or THE usher?] and Brewer re-enter the theater and do a thorough search this time. How long would this have taken? Brewer returns and reports that "he just wasn't there" :(
Taking absolute command, Postal orders Brewer and Warren to guard the exits...she would call the cops. She calls the police and "some woman answers" but then..disregarding this woman's gender equality, Postal wants to speak to an "officer". Amazing that over the probable hundreds of calls going into the police switchboard at the time she got through anyway. Maybe she had a hotline 8) This time it's definite...her subject is on the run. He ducked in! Why would the officer ask "did he buy a ticket?" Who buys a ticket and then sneaks in? Maybe he vanished after this. No her "woman's intuition" told her he was still there. She "called the projectionist" [I didn't get his name...did anyone?]
Mrs Postal said that she gave the officer a description of this man that she didn't see. She said that "in a minute or two" officers came in-- motorcycle officers...squad car officers...plain clothes officers...carrying rifles and shotguns. Gee that was fast :o
Strange but Julia didn't mention that the cops would show her this guy they nabbed and ask her "is this your guy?"
They had their man...call it cops intuition  ;D
https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth338516/m1/1/
https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth338516/m1/3/

JFK Assassination Forum

Back to the movies with Julia Postal
« on: November 02, 2019, 08:59:14 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Back to the movies with Julia Postal
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 10:48:35 PM »
Start with the statements on her obviously concocted and convoluted sworn affidavit....
First ..she states that a man ducked into the theater as the police drove by.
Second..Postal said that her boss [John Callahan] jumped into his car and chases the police ???
I have noted in the past that it was never reported that Mr Callahan ever returned to his theater that was invaded by law enforcement authorities from all over Dallas. Does that strike anyone else as odd? At least extremely curious? What ever happened to Mr Callahan?
Third...back to Julia--As she stepped to the curb [by the way not telling Mr Callahan that a man just sneaked into his theater] she "turned around and saw Johnny Brewer" [who she apparently knew] who asked "did she sell that man a ticket" to which she replied "what man?" ::)
Well, by golly---Brewere would go look for him.
How long would it have taken for Brewer [who seemed more concerned about the sneaker-in than anyone else] to have gone in and searched around for this guy and come back out to give a didn't see him report to Postal?
Next..the individual that Postal mused earlier "what man" becomes a likely fugitive she decided :-\
Further...Julia takes charge and has Warren Burroughs [an usher or THE usher?] and Brewer re-enter the theater and do a thorough search this time. How long would this have taken? Brewer returns and reports that "he just wasn't there" :(
Taking absolute command, Postal orders Brewer and Warren to guard the exits...she would call the cops. She calls the police and "some woman answers" but then..disregarding this woman's gender equality, Postal wants to speak to an "officer". Amazing that over the probable hundreds of calls going into the police switchboard at the time she got through anyway. Maybe she had a hotline 8) This time it's definite...her subject is on the run. He ducked in! Why would the officer ask "did he buy a ticket?" Who buys a ticket and then sneaks in? Maybe he vanished after this. No her "woman's intuition" told her he was still there. She "called the projectionist" [I didn't get his name...did anyone?]
Mrs Postal said that she gave the officer a description of this man that she didn't see. She said that "in a minute or two" officers came in-- motorcycle officers...squad car officers...plain clothes officers...carrying rifles and shotguns. Gee that was fast :o
Strange but Julia didn't mention that the cops would show her this guy they nabbed and ask her "is this your guy?"
They had their man...call it cops intuition  ;D
https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth338516/m1/1/
https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth338516/m1/3/

Warren Burroughs  and Brewer re-enter the theater and do a thorough search this time.  Brewer returns and reports that "he just wasn't there"

Is this a fact..... Did Brewer report that the man he was looking for " Just wasn't there"   If that's true....  he must have seen Lee Oswald, and didn't recognize him as the man who he saw sneak into the theater.  IOW....Lee was NOT the man he saw earlier window shopping at his shoe store.

Good Job . Jerry!   

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 02:19:52 AM »
Then on to Mrs Postal's contrived testimony before the Commission...
Mr. BALL. Now, did many people go into the theatre from the time you opened at the box office until about 1:15 or so?
Mrs. POSTAL. Some.
Mr. BALL. How many? Can you give me an estimate?
Mrs. POSTAL. I believe 24.
Mr. BALL. Twenty-four?
Mrs. POSTAL. Fourteen or twenty-four. I believe it was 24. Everything was happening so fast.
Mr. BALL. You had sold about that many tickets?
Mrs. POSTAL. That's right.
There should have been an accurate ticket inventory. As far as patrons go...who actually keeps their ticket stubs?
Why did Ball need to know about tickets sold--- "until 1:15"? Why not until 1:30 or before the boss left disappeared?
Mr. BALL. Now, did you see anybody go in the theatre well, did you see any activity on the street?
Mrs. POSTAL. Now, yes, sir; just about the time we opened, my employer had stayed and took the tickets because we change pictures on Thursday and want to do anything, he----and about this time I heard the sirens----police was racing back and forth.
Ball failed to clarify that conflicting statement.
Mr. BALL. Yes; I have seen the theatre.
Mrs. POSTAL. You have? Well, he was coming from east going west. In other words, he ducked right in.
Mr. BALL. Ducked in, what do you mean? He had come around the corner----
Mrs. POSTAL. Yes; and when the sirens went by he had a panicked look on his face, and he ducked in.
Mr. BALL. Now, as the car went by, you say the man ducked in, had you seen him before the car went by, the police went by?
Mrs. POSTAL. No, sir; I was looking up, as I say, when the cars passed, as you know, they make a tremendous noise, and he ducked in as my boss went that way to get in his car.
Mr. BALL. Who is your boss?
Mrs. POSTAL. Mr. John A. Callahan.
Mr. BALL. Where did you say he was?
Mrs. POSTAL. Yes; I say, they bypassed each other, actually, the man ducked in this way and my employer went that-a-way, to get in his car.
Mr. BALL. When you say "ducked in," you mean he entered the door from the street?
Mrs. POSTAL. No, sir; just ducked into the other----into the outer part of it.
Mr. BALL. I see, out in the open space?
Mrs. POSTAL. Yes, sir; just right around the corner.
Mr. BALL. Just right around the corner?
Mrs. POSTAL. Yes.
Mr. BALL. And your boss passed him, did he?
Mrs. POSTAL. Yes; they went----one came one way, and one went the other way just at the same time.
Either this guy sneaked in ..panic stricken or not! I would understand that "he ducked in" means that he opened the door of the theater and ...ducked in.
Johnny Brewer could not see the doors of the theater from his position so how would he know if someone went in?
 Below is the Texas Theater as it was in Nov. 1963--------------

The ticket booth provided a complete view of the foyer and entrance. Johnny Brewer's position according to his testimony placed him about the rear fender of the car.
Mr. BALL. And you didn't see him actually enter the theatre then?
Mrs. POSTAL. No, sir.
Mr. BALL. You hadn't seen him go by you?
Mrs. POSTAL. I knew he didn't go by me, because I was facing west, and Johnny, he had come up from east which meant he didn't go back that way. He had come from east going west.
.....................................................................................
Mr. BALL. Did you ask Butch Burroughs if he had seen him?
Mrs. POSTAL. No, sir; I told Johnny this, don't tell him, because he is an excitable person, and just have him, you know, go with you and examine the exits and check real good, so, he came back and said he hadn't seen anything although, he had heard a seat pop up like somebody getting out, but there was nobody around that area, so, I told Johnny about the fact that the President had been assassinated. "I don't know if this is the man they want," I said, "in there, but he is running from them for some reason," and I said "I am going to call the police, and you and Butch go get on each of the exit doors and stay there." 
Does this mean that Brewer is to take Warren Burroughs to go and look for someone but don't tell him that they are looking for someone because he is very excitable? ::)
Mrs Postal con't. So, well, I called the police, and he wanted to know why I thought it was their man, and I said, "Well, I didn't know," and he said, "Well, it fits the description," and I have not---I said I hadn't heard the description. All I know is, "This man is running from them for some reason." And he wanted to know why, and told him because every time the sirens go by he would duck and he wanted to know----well, if he fits the description is what he says. I said, "Let me tell you what he looks like and you take it from there." And explained that he had on this brown sports shirt and I couldn't tell you what design it was, and medium height, ruddy looking to me, and he said, "Thank you," and I called the operator and asked him to look through the little hole .......
Was the police looking for a man wearing a 'brown sport shirt'?
By "the operator" I guess she meant the projectionist who I guess was hiding all this time.
Again...was the projectionist ever identified and again what ever became of the manager-Mr John Callahan?
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/postal.htm

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 02:19:52 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 04:58:50 AM »
Johnny Brewer's position according to his testimony placed him about the rear fender of the car.

No, Brewer was still in front of his shoe store when the man turned the corner into the recessed entryway of the theater. He was way up the street (Brewer estimated 50 or 60 yards).
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 03:19:46 PM by John Iacoletti »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 02:54:54 PM »
Then on to Mrs Postal's contrived testimony before the Commission...There should have been an accurate ticket inventory. As far as patrons go...who actually keeps their ticket stubs?
Why did Ball need to know about tickets sold--- "until 1:15"? Why not until 1:30 or before the boss left disappeared? Ball failed to clarify that conflicting statement.Either this guy sneaked in ..panic stricken or not! I would understand that "he ducked in" means that he opened the door of the theater and ...ducked in.
Johnny Brewer could not see the doors of the theater from his position so how would he know if someone went in?
 Below is the Texas Theater as it was in Nov. 1963--------------

The ticket booth provided a complete view of the foyer and entrance. Johnny Brewer's position according to his testimony placed him about the rear fender of the car. Does this mean that Brewer is to take Warren Burroughs to go and look for someone but don't tell him that they are looking for someone because he is very excitable? ::)Was the police looking for a man wearing a 'brown sport shirt'?
By "the operator" I guess she meant the projectionist who I guess was hiding all this time.
Again...was the projectionist ever identified and again what ever became of the manager-Mr John Callahan?
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/postal.htm

Mrs. POSTAL. You have? Well, he was coming from east going west. In other words, he ducked right in.
Mr. BALL. Ducked in, what do you mean? He had come around the corner----
Mrs. POSTAL. Yes; and when the sirens went by he had a panicked look on his face, and he ducked in.

Didn't Brewer ask her if she saw the guy who ducked into the theater?...And didn't she tell him that she had not seen the guy.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 08:15:39 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 02:54:54 PM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2019, 06:35:23 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2019, 08:54:35 PM »
No, Brewer was still in front of his shoe store when the man turned the corner into the recessed entryway of the theater. He was way up the street (Brewer estimated 50 or 60 yards).
I was rather going by his affidavit..." I followed the man up the street and he went into the theater. I asked the girl if she had sold the man a ticket and she replied that she did not think so, that she had been listening to the radio and did not remember."
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/brewer1.htm
Anyway you shake it...it doesn't bake ::) Notice that the 'faulty memory' developed into 'your guy is here'.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2019, 08:54:35 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2019, 05:48:11 PM »
According to the last lines of her testimony [posted above] Postal stated that she did not know about a policeman getting shot until after Oswald was arrested. Earlier [if one reads] she stated that she was listening to her transistor radio to KLIF. Johnny Brewer was also listening [and intently heard about the cop]...according to his testimony/affidavit to KLIF. Very odd that they didn't hear the same information or mutually communicate this news :-\