Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Was Time-Life part of the conspiracy...?  (Read 4023 times)

Offline Tom Scully

Re: Time-Life was likely part of the conspiracy...
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2022, 09:34:19 PM »
Advertisement
Have Stolley’s and Zapruder’s backgrounds and connections been thoroughly - or sufficiently - investigated?

I think Zapruder’s film was “commissioned" for the purpose of documenting the event - and mostly to document who was on the scene likely filming or taking pictures that might reveal the actions of nefarious characters on the Grassy Knoll taking aim at our president. It is why the focus of the camera is on the bystanders and less on the president’s limousine... That seems obvious when you watch the film...

I also think the purchase of the Z. film was prearranged... so that the release to the public could be limited... items could be removed (several minutes of the film are missing, I’ve read... and perhaps specific frames in the assassination sequence removed / some damaged...)... and other items distorted and covered over with an overlay to obscure viewing certain features... The film was screened for the Secret Service the day after the assassination...

The full movie was not shown to the public until the 1970’s... not because of the graphic nature of the film... but as part of the cover-up... in my opinion...

In an alternate world in which the FBI and WC, with the cooperation of CIA, DIA, NSA, and ONI, had done a thorough investigation that minimized pre-conceived notions, the person most responsible for the opportunity for the creation of the Zapruder film
https://www.texasmonthly.com/arts-entertainment/abraham-zapruder-film-kennedy-assassinatin/
...and who appears in its opening frames would have been subjected to much more scrutiny because,

https://jfkassassinationindex.blogspot.com/2011/09/

ROGERS, SAM
Manager of Dobbs House at 1221 N. Beckley. Believed LHO had frequented the Dobbs House. His daughter-in-law is Brenda Simmons.
CE 3001; CD 1364, pp. 1-11

When the 1963 Dallas City Directory was sent to the printer, these two shared the same address.
Late that year, Lillian appeared in the opening frames of the Zapruder film. Husband Sammie did not die,
Lillian was not a widow. Sammie in the 1963 city directory became Sam in 1964, residing at a different address as reported in FBI documents. In the 1964 & in the 1965 directory, despite Lillian being a "wid", "Sam" Rogers was listed as Dobbs House manager.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 09:39:12 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2022, 09:34:19 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2022, 11:33:31 PM »
Richard Stolley died last year at age 92.

A few years ago he gave an interview, describing how (@ 30:15) on the video) he thought his winning over
Lillian Rogers by talking to her about sports at Taylorville High School because of his knowledge gleaned from
working as sports writer at age 15 for the nearby Pekin, IL newspaper had established a rapport with Lillian that
influenced her to advise Zapruder to sell the film to Life Magazine.

Stolley telling the same inaccurate story,
https://www.santafenewmexican.com/news/local_news/santa-fean-recalls-day-he-secured-rights-to-video-of-jfk-assassination/article_460e34d9-ecf0-51fb-b410-9fef8cb94bfb.html

The problem is that Lillian Dancoff grew up 100 miles from Taylorville, in Caseyville, IL.

Lillian's brother's 2003 obit,

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/azcentral/name/john-dancoff-obituary?id=28098296
...one sister Lillian Rogers of Dallas Texas
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 11:37:02 PM by Tom Scully »

Offline Jake Maxwell

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2022, 01:59:46 AM »
So... Stolley tells a made-up story about Lillian... I’m not sure I can believe what he says about Zapruder and the film acquisition...

And I do wonder if Zapruder’s tears were only crocodile tears... intended to keep the public from asking questions about his possible involvement...

Screen-Shot-2022-01-17-at-7-41-10-PM" border="0
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 01:43:57 AM by Jake Maxwell »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2022, 01:59:46 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2022, 06:13:08 AM »

Was Time/Life part of the conspiracy?
The media was told what to report.
The crappy image was due to a crappy camera not mounted on a tripod but held by an old man standing on a pedestal and shaking due to gunshots. 

Offline Chris Scally

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2022, 12:31:50 PM »
Tom:

I did some research on Lillian Rogers/Dancoff back in 2013-2016, and I can add a little to what you have written above.

I was never able to find a marriage record for Sam Rogers and Lillian Dancoff, although I suspect they were married prior to Sam's enlistment on 16 September 1942.

Following his discharge in 1946, Sam and Lillian's whereabouts are unknown until they first appeared in Dallas City Directory records in 1957, living at 2917 Emmett Street - Lillian had started working for Zapruder's business in 1956, and she appears to have continued working for the company until it ceased trading, given that she listed herself as "retired" for the first time in the Dallas City Directory of 1978.

Sam and Lillian separated around 1962. There were allegedly two sons from their marriage, and Brenda Simmons - Sam's daughter-in-law - was possibly/probably married to one of the two sons.

Following his separation from Lillian, Sam remarried on June 15, 1964, but the marriage ended in divorce in October 1969. Sam died in Dallas on September 17, 1990.

Lillian never remarried, although she continued to live at the address she shared with Sam until at least 1966. From 1970 until her death in September 2005, she lived on Ravinia Drive in Dallas.

Interestingly, from 1970 until 1984, Lillian was listed at that address as Lillian V. Rogers, but from 1985 she was listed in the city directory simply as "L. V. Dancoff".

She was described to me by a family member as "an interesting and mysterious lady", and it appears that she never spoke to anyone about the events surrounding the assassination, or her involvement in them.

I have never been able to find a death record, death notice, or obituary for her in the Dallas media so if you ever find one, perhaps you might let me know, please?

Chris.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2022, 12:31:50 PM »

Offline Jake Maxwell

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2022, 07:42:26 PM »
This overlay transparency (from 0%, 18%, 30%, 40%, 50%) over Richard Stolley's photo (transparency at 65%) is remarkably eerie...
In my opinion there are some clear markers of similarity with Stolley’s face... and what seem to be very clear markers of similarity especially with his right eye...
Is this image, found in the Zapruder film (The Lost Bullet 6:44), Richard Stolley who acquired the Zapruder film for Time-Life?
Did Time-Life alter the Zapruder film?

ezgif-com-resize-75" border="0

ezgif-com-resize-76" border="0

Screen-Shot-2022-01-26-at-1-11-55-PM" border="0
Screen-Shot-2022-01-26-at-1-12-56-PM" border="0
Screen-Shot-2022-01-26-at-1-17-46-PM" border="0

« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 02:03:52 AM by Jake Maxwell »

Offline Jake Maxwell

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2022, 12:44:59 AM »
This image is from the 6th Floor Museum copy (not the clearest at all, for some reason... You would think they would have the best copy!)... and this seems to indicate there was an overlay of a man’s face over the Kennedys...
I think there is more “information” in the original, or early copies of Zapruder, than we have been able to ascertain at this point... And I’m not sure, but all the digitized and “cleaned up” copies might have lost some “info” in the process...

Is this Stolley memorializing himself... or someone else trying to implicate him?
Or, is this someone else altogether?
Regardless of who this is... we can be fairly certain this is the face of a man... and it seems to indicate that there was an overlay of some sort...

I wonder if this was this on the very first copies being circulated - or if it was added later at some point...

Screen-Shot-2022-03-18-at-6-59-12-PM" border="0

Screen-Shot-2022-03-18-at-6-58-38-PM" border="0
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 08:06:12 PM by Jake Maxwell »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2022, 12:44:59 AM »