Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Sniper nest shadows  (Read 8719 times)

Offline Louis Earl

Re: Sniper nest shadows
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2019, 07:57:04 PM »
Advertisement
Go back to the first page of this thread and see the photo posted at 1:09:29.  We have a view of the sniper's nest bottom windows both left and right side (from our POV).  We can see through the right pane all the way down and see some people on the street below.  OTOH the left pane is completely blacked out.   Why is that?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2019, 07:57:04 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2019, 08:20:32 PM »
Go back to the first page of this thread and see the photo posted at 1:09:29.  We have a view of the sniper's nest bottom windows both left and right side (from our POV).  We can see through the right pane all the way down and see some people on the street below.  OTOH the left pane is completely blacked out.   Why is that?

The building outside is in shade.

But its pattern of vertical stripes can be seen in the window in the DPD photo.

It would take just a small change in contrast for this area to go fully black in some versions that are online or published.

Offline James Hackerott

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2022, 05:13:11 PM »
I ran the sun from 1pm to 3pm and the sun strike on the east wall looks about right and agrees with your 3D work around 2:20pm. However, my sim does not pick up the lower sun/shadow on the straight pipe during this time, if that is what we are actually seeing in the CE502/508 photo.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2022, 05:13:11 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2022, 11:05:46 PM »
I ran the sun from 1pm to 3pm and the sun strike on the east wall looks about right and agrees with your 3D work around 2:20pm. However, my sim does not pick up the lower sun/shadow on the straight pipe during this time, if that is what we are actually seeing in the CE502/508 photo.

Excellent work (as usual) James. It might be that (in your sim) the boxes that are stacked in front of the sniper’s window are blocking the sunlight from shining on the pipe. If so, that’s an indication that Studebaker had already processed them for fingerprints, and moved them in that process, before this photo was taken. Just a thought…
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 11:37:33 PM by Charles Collins »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2022, 10:31:39 AM »
Excellent work (as usual) James. It might be that (in your sim) the boxes that are stacked in front of the sniper’s window are blocking the sunlight from shining on the pipe. If so, that’s an indication that Studebaker had already processed them for fingerprints, and moved them in that process, before this photo was taken. Just a thought…

Now watch Iacoletti pop up and desperately exclaim 'yeah, but how does that prove that Oswald shot anybody?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2022, 10:31:39 AM »

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2022, 09:41:00 PM »
Why would a decision to frame Oswald necessarily have to be made before the assassination?

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2022, 10:01:17 PM »
Why would a decision to frame Oswald necessarily have to be made before the assassination?

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2022, 10:01:17 PM »

Offline James Hackerott

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2022, 10:21:34 PM »
Interesting suggestion about the boxes. Today I modeled with and without the boxes and it is the window box that blocks the sunlight on that pipe at about 2:20 pm.. So far, so good. William Allen photographed Studebaker at the rest boxes at about 2:45 pm (see the photo in POTP page 536. Time estimate by me via a shadow study). Yet, the window box seems to be un-moved from it's Dillard position. A little confusing to me.