Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Sniper nest shadows  (Read 8015 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: Sniper nest shadows
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2019, 07:34:02 PM »
Advertisement
Thanks Charles.
The red arrow on the left is the shadow from the window frame on the pipe.
The green arrow can be seen in both images and is 2 bolts.
The purple arrow on the left shows the bottom of window's shadow on the pipe.

JohnM

Thanks Charles.
The red arrow on the left is the shadow from the window frame on the pipe.
The green arrow can be seen in both images and is 2 bolts.
The purple arrow on the left shows the bottom of window's shadow on the pipe.

JohnM

Okay, here is what I have been able to produce so far. I have used some measurements that Jerry Organ provided. They were actual measurements from Stephen Fagin at the sixth floor museum.

Sniper Nest measurements from Stephen Fagin.

• Circumference of pipe = 7”
  • Width of floorboard = 3.25”
  • Corner to edge of brick at window = 33”

Corner --> Southeast interior corner.
Brick at window --> east edge of window's masonry opening.

As you will see, due to the limitations of my free 3D program, I have improvised some things (including using an extended floor lamp post for the pipe). And I have made certain of the boxes invisible in order to see the pipe, etc.

The first image is the shadows at 1:30 PM on 11/22/1963 as viewed from the north at a similar angle to the actual photograph that shows what appears to be the bag on top of the boxes:

The second image is the same view at 2:00 PM on 11/22/1963:

The third image is the same view at 2:30 PM on 11/22/1963:

The fourth image is the same view at 3:30 PM on 11/22/1963:

One item that I have noticed is how the patches of sunlight move across and up the inside of the east wall between the first window and the northeast corner. If the bright sliver of a patch on the inside of that wall near the first window in the actual photograph below is a patch of sunlight, then I suggest that the photograph was taken between between 1:30 and 2:00. This is based on the height of the top of that patch in relation to the height of the middle of that window.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2019, 07:34:02 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2019, 09:19:27 PM »

Okay, here is what I have been able to produce so far. I have used some measurements that Jerry Organ provided. They were actual measurements from Stephen Fagin at the sixth floor museum.

As you will see, due to the limitations of my free 3D program, I have improvised some things (including using an extended floor lamp post for the pipe). And I have made certain of the boxes invisible in order to see the pipe, etc.

The first image is the shadows at 1:30 PM on 11/22/1963 as viewed from the north at a similar angle to the actual photograph that shows what appears to be the bag on top of the boxes:

The second image is the same view at 2:00 PM on 11/22/1963:

The third image is the same view at 2:30 PM on 11/22/1963:

The fourth image is the same view at 3:30 PM on 11/22/1963:

One item that I have noticed is how the patches of sunlight move across and up the inside of the east wall between the first window and the northeast corner. If the bright sliver of a patch on the inside of that wall near the first window in the actual photograph below is a patch of sunlight, then I suggest that the photograph was taken between between 1:30 and 2:00. This is based on the height of the top of that patch in relation to the height of the middle of that window.

Charles, nice pick-up on the bright sliver. The shadow on the pipe appears to correspond to about your 2PM graphic, which is pretty closely corroborated by the bright slivers position.

JohnM

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2019, 09:23:24 PM »
Charles, nice pick-up on the bright sliver. The shadow on the pipe appears to correspond to about your 2PM graphic, which is pretty closely corroborated by the bright slivers position.

JohnM

Thanks John, yes you are seeing the same thing as I. Nice graphic that points out these things!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2019, 09:23:24 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2019, 09:36:19 PM »
Thanks John, yes you are seeing the same thing as I. Nice graphic that points out these things!

JohnM

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2019, 12:21:30 AM »
Thanks you to you both for assisting gentlemen. Your efforts are much appreciated.

It would seem that CE142 is in a position close to the right hand side of the SN some time between 2 and 3pm. In position to accept the 30" wooden strip from the closed frame that was originally (erroneously) assumed to be from where the assassin fired.  Day mentioned that the realization of this error occurred about 3.30pm in his WC testimony.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2019, 12:21:30 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2019, 03:50:16 AM »
Thanks you to you both for assisting gentlemen. Your efforts are much appreciated.

It would seem that CE142 is in a position close to the right hand side of the SN some time between 2 and 3pm. In position to accept the 30" wooden strip from the closed frame that was originally (erroneously) assumed to be from where the assassin fired.  Day mentioned that the realization of this error occurred about 3.30pm in his WC testimony.

I love it when a plan comes together, here's a time-lapse of Charles's SN shadows.

It's odd that anyone would think the shots came from the right hand window because the rifle rest boxes were setup for the left window and the right window was closed?

JohnM
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 03:55:10 AM by John Mytton »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2019, 06:03:10 AM »
I love it when a plan comes together, here's a time-lapse of Charles's SN shadows.

It's odd that anyone would think the shots came from the right hand window because the rifle rest boxes were setup for the left window and the right window was closed?

JohnM

John, both Mooney and Day allude to the idea that the scar on the box was indicative of the direction of the shots. I believe this was towards Houston and that because they were not aware of the true direction of the shots at the time, until about 3.30 that was assumed to be the shooting direction. Later changed by 90 degrees towards the underpass.

PS other factors that might have suggested the wrong direction initially was that Mooney entered from the right side and the position of the shells.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 06:11:32 AM by Colin Crow »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2019, 06:03:10 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2019, 10:04:31 AM »
Shadow analysis….LOL

From an interesting article on sundials on Wikipedia:

The earliest household clocks known, from the archaeological finds, are the shadow clocks (1500 BCE) in ancient Babylonian astronomy. Ancient analemmatic sundials of the same era (about 1500 BCE) and their prototype have been discovered on the territory of modern Russia.

Designers of the Taipei 101, the first record-setting skyscraper of the 21st century, brought the ancient tradition forward. The tower, tallest in the world when it opened in Taiwan in 2004, stands over half a kilometer in height. The design of an adjoining park uses the tower as the style for a huge horizontal sundial.