Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did Roy Truly and/or Marion Baker Lie?  (Read 42109 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: Did Roy Truly and/or Marion Baker Lie?
« Reply #168 on: October 28, 2019, 06:17:42 PM »
Advertisement
I certainly would not defend Truly, but I don't see where he is lying in this exchange.
Mr. TRULY.... That I can't answer. I don't remember when I went over there.
  To the 'Sniper's Window'? OK right..Just a really terrible memory.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #168 on: October 28, 2019, 06:17:42 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #169 on: October 28, 2019, 07:14:32 PM »
Mr. BALL. Your testimony is filed in volume 28, I believe, of the Commission here. There are certain matters which have come to the attention of the Commission since then that I would like to inquire about, and that's the reason we are taking your deposition, which will be in addition to the testimony you have already given.
Do you recall anytime that you saw any guns in the Texas School Book Depository Building?
Mr. TRULY. Yes; I did.
Mr. BALL. Prior to November 22, 1963?
Mr. TRULY. Yes; I saw two guns on November 20.
Mr. BALL. Whose guns were they?
Mr. TRULY. They belonged to Mr. Warren Caster.

Mr. BALL. And you did take the large rifle out?
Mr. TRULY. And raised it to my shoulder and go through the motion of it, but not cocking it---just looking at it.
Mr. BALL. Who else was there besides you and Mr. Caster?
Mr. TRULY. Well, the only person I can recall being there was Mr. Shelley.
LIE...for the record here, Oswald was there----How else would he have known?

The rifle he saw was a Mauser bolt action of all types of guns to have been in the building 2 days before the Event.

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #170 on: October 28, 2019, 07:55:14 PM »
LIE...for the record here, Oswald was there----How else would he have known?

The rifle he saw was a Mauser bolt action of all types of guns to have been in the building 2 days before the Event.

Agent Hosty scribbled this during Mr Oswald's interrogation:

Mr Cakebread argued that Mr Oswald was identifying the rifle being shown to him as having been the one he'd seen Mr Truly with.

Looks like Mr Cakebread was right-------------this 11/22 FBI report was recently uncovered by Mr B. Kamp:

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #170 on: October 28, 2019, 07:55:14 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #171 on: October 28, 2019, 08:17:33 PM »
Agent Hosty scribbled this during Mr Oswald's interrogation:

Mr Cakebread argued that Mr Oswald was identifying the rifle being shown to him as having been the one he'd seen Mr Truly with.

Looks like Mr Cakebread was right-------------this 11/22 FBI report was recently uncovered by Mr B. Kamp:

Thank You , Mr ford.   I don't know with absolute certainty that Lee said he saw the carcano ( he didn't ID it by using the word carcano) he said that he saw THE rifle or THIS rifle in Mr Truly's office.   

It is SOP to confront the suspect with the murder weapon and observe his reaction to being confronted with the weapon.  And that's apparently what they did to Lee Oswald, But were surprised by his statement that he had seen it in Mr Tuly's office the day before yesterday.

Thumb1:

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #172 on: October 28, 2019, 08:48:12 PM »
No problem, Mr Cakebread. I thought you were talking nonsense when you made this argument before, so please accept my apologies. Turns out your interpretation of the interrogation notes in this regard was spot on!  Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #172 on: October 28, 2019, 08:48:12 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #173 on: October 29, 2019, 12:00:54 AM »
No problem, Mr Cakebread. I thought you were talking nonsense when you made this argument before, so please accept my apologies. Turns out your interpretation of the interrogation notes in this regard was spot on!  Thumb1:

Not so fast. It’s Walt’s contention that there were three rifles in Caster’s office.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #174 on: October 29, 2019, 12:21:38 AM »
Not so fast. It’s Walt’s contention that there were three rifles in Caster’s office.

One of them was the carcano.......

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #174 on: October 29, 2019, 12:21:38 AM »

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #175 on: October 29, 2019, 06:36:49 AM »
if Oswald had opened the door just as Baker was coming up the front entrance steps on the right side of the handrail, where Baker runs into Pauline Sanders, then Sanders would have likely seen Oswald and so would Sarah Stanton aka prayerperson, have seen him too.

So its unlikely imo, Oswald came out JUST AS Baker was ascending the entrance steps.

Its more probable that IF Oswald and Baker met each other on the 1st floor,it was just AFTER Baker enters and that would place Oswald either in the front lobby storage room not in LOS at first, but then exiting from that storage room, OR, the 'vestibule" reference could mean the office area just after the 2nd set of glass doors, where Baker and TRuly had to get thru the counter and then Baker was surprised by Oswald exiting the Domino room as Baker and Truly went diagonally across the 1st floor towards the 2 rear elevators and rear staircase.

Otherwise, the "vestibule" must be refering to the smaller area 2nd floor space between hallway, landing and the lunchroom and office of 2nd floor.