Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did Roy Truly and/or Marion Baker Lie?  (Read 42113 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Did Roy Truly and/or Marion Baker Lie?
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2019, 05:36:00 PM »
Advertisement
Uhhh.... he drew his service revolver, allegedly holding it just inches from a subject's torso, in the presence of the subject's employer, inside their place of business. How many times per day, or for that matter, in an entire career did a Dallas patrol officer have occasion to do that, in the line of duty?

What's your point?.....  Baker was alarmed and alert....   And I'm happy that you used the modifier "allegedly"  in saying,  "he drew his service revolver, allegedly holding it just inches from a subject's torso,"   I have serious doubt that Baker pointed his revolver at the coke sippin man in the lunchroom. I don't doubt that he had the gun in his hand, but I believe the story about having the gun pointed at Lee Oswald is just a figment of the LNer's imagination.    Who want it to appear that Baker was suspicious when he saw Lee Oswald sippin a coke.   What a pile of BS!...  If Baker had been suspicious of Lee, he wouldn't have turned and left about 15 seconds after he entered.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2019, 05:36:00 PM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2019, 06:41:07 PM »
As late as 12/23 a DPD evidence report has Baker running into LHO on the stairway on the third or fourth floor.

What does Baker noting that the LHO he saw at the DPD homocide office was wearing different clothes than when he ran into him in the TSBD mean?

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2019, 06:47:43 PM »
As late as 12/23 a DPD evidence report has Baker running into LHO on the stairway on the third or fourth floor.

Captain Fritz wrote this for Chief Curry, Mr Craig. He's still stuck in Script A mode here, recounting the original story DPD were going to run with.

Captain Fritz's wording ('while coming down the stairs... on the stairway') makes clear what Baker's affidavit 'walking away from the stairway' was meant to convey:

The man was coming off the stairway when Officer Baker ran into him.

Nothing like the lunchroom story that subsequently... 'emerged'!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2019, 06:47:43 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2019, 06:54:05 PM »
If you believe that 'a man walking away from the stairway' on 'the third or fourth floor' was Mr Oswald by the second-floor lunchroom, then you'll believe anything. Explains a lot really!

Now, Mr Scully, I've a massively important research project for you!
  • Who designed the lunchroom?
  • Were they related in any way to the person who delivered the coke machine?
  • Can such a link, if established, be related to the Janney thing?
Get this right, Mr Scully, and your Amazing Research might be Credited In Even More Books!  Thumb1:

If you believe that 'a man walking away from the stairway' on 'the third or fourth floor' was Mr Oswald by the second-floor lunchroom, then you'll believe anything.

Well said, Mr Ford....   Anybody who believes that Baker was referring to the encounter with Lee in the lunchroom when he described the man on either the third or fourth floor ( possibly the fifth) ....Should have their picture next to the definition of "gullible" .......

There's something about Baker's encounter with the man who was trying to avoid being seen that is generally never mentioned....We know that the second floor lunchroom was well lit.  ( many photos reveal the lighting)   But Baker said that he couldn't see the man when he was by the elevator because the area was not well lit....  Thus he commanded the man to come to the stairs where there was a window with sunshine streaming in.

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2019, 06:58:19 PM »
If you believe that 'a man walking away from the stairway' on 'the third or fourth floor' was Mr Oswald by the second-floor lunchroom, then you'll believe anything.

Well said, Mr Ford....   Anybody who believes that Baker was referring to the encounter with Lee in the lunchroom when he described the man on either the third or fourth floor ( possibly the fifth) ....Should have their picture next to the definition of "gullible" .......

Indeed so, Mr Cakebread!

Difficult to see though how the man at the stairway on the third or fourth floor could be Mr Dougherty, who was blond and 6'1"

-------------unless they told Officer Baker at DPD HQ his recollection was wrong and these were the correct suspect details that he needed to put in his affidavit?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 07:03:26 PM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2019, 06:58:19 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2019, 07:09:46 PM »
Indeed so, Mr Cakebread!

Difficult to see though how the man at the stairway on the third or fourth floor could be Mr Dougherty, who was blond and 6'1"

-------------unless they told Officer Baker at DPD HQ his recollection was wrong and these were the correct suspect details that he needed to put in his affidavit?

Mr. BELIN - Did you notice what clothes the man was wearing as he came up to you?
Mr. BAKER - At that particular time I was looking at his face, and it seemed to me like he had a light brown jacket on and maybe some kind of white-looking shirt.
Anyway, as I noticed him walking away from me, it was kind of dim in there that particular day, and it was hanging out to his side.

You present a good counterpoint in pointing out that Dougherty was 6'1".....   I don't know what "blond" means....  There are many shades of "blond" 

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2019, 08:50:57 PM »
Captain Fritz wrote this for Chief Curry, Mr Craig. He's still stuck in Script A mode here, recounting the original story DPD were going to run with.

Captain Fritz's wording ('while coming down the stairs... on the stairway') makes clear what Baker's affidavit 'walking away from the stairway' was meant to convey:

The man was coming off the stairway when Officer Baker ran into him.

Nothing like the lunchroom story that subsequently... 'emerged'!

TThe man was coming off the stairway when Officer Baker ran into him.

"Coming off the stairway"....  Yes, I believe that's a fact..... I strongly suspect that the encounter took place on the fifth floor.....  I doubt that it could have occurred on the fourth floor because there were several women on the fourth floor...and the third floor was only one floor up from the second floor lunchroom, where Baker had encountered Lee Oswald......It's not likely that Baker wouldn't have known that he'd just left a man in the lunchroom one floor down. and had climbed only one floor....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2019, 08:50:57 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2019, 09:52:33 PM »
Mr. BELIN - Did you notice what clothes the man was wearing as he came up to you?
Mr. BAKER - At that particular time I was looking at his face, and it seemed to me like he had a light brown jacket on and maybe some kind of white-looking shirt.
Anyway, as I noticed him walking away from me, it was kind of dim in there that particular day, and it was hanging out to his side.

You present a good counterpoint in pointing out that Dougherty was 6'1".....   I don't know what "blond" means....  There are many shades of "blond" 

Hmmm... "30 years old, 5'9", 165 pounds, dark hair" doesn't sound right for "great big husky" Mr Dougherty (as Mr Truly described him), no matter what the lighting. But I wouldn't close off the possibility that Baker was persuaded to amend the details for his affidavit. This before seeing Mr Oswald marched into the office.