Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: Trump supporters and conspiracy theory  (Read 224945 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Trump supporters and conspiracy theory
« Reply #5100 on: March 31, 2020, 09:06:38 PM »

That's because Obama was on top of things

:D What utter bias partisanship.

Pray tell, what other than a massive display of utter bias partisanship is it to misrepresent what he actually wrote and dismiss a factual statement outright?

What embarrasses me is finding myself reading the venomous crap that I find in this thread. 

What venomous crap are you talking about? Would it be something like this;

And Plant---I don't need your sniveling "suggestions".
Hoping you will get what you deserve.

Perhaps you can tell us all what you think Plant deserves exactly?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 09:23:44 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5101 on: March 31, 2020, 10:48:36 PM »
   :D What utter bias partisanship. Who told you this? Read instead of rant....
 https://thehill.com/homenews/media/485025-ap-fact-checkers-find-biden-bloomberg-paint-distorted-picture-on-trump-cdc
Or is The Hill "not independent" enough?

The Hill is wrong. As you read above, Benedict Donald in his own words defended the cuts he made to the CDC. Why would Benedict Donald defend his massive cuts to the CDC if he didn't cut anything? He wouldn't be defending the cuts if he didn't make them. So again, The Hill is wrong and so are you for parroting false information. Simple research is the easiest way to find out accurate information. 

Also, CDC health officials stated Benedict Donald made severe cuts to the CDC that severely hampered them. You can also read Benedict Donald's last two budgets and see all the cuts he made to the CDC and eliminated programs because of his hate for Obama and Clinton. When you research this information, you find out the truth instead of reading false propaganda like you do and parrot the misinformation on message boards. I will post more information for you. These articles are from February and everything they feared is happening right now due to the ineptness and corruption of Benedict Donald.     

Trump defends huge cuts to the CDC's budget by saying the government can hire more doctors 'when we need them' during crises

President Trump defended his huge CDC budget cuts during a press conference on the federal government's response to the coronavirus.

"I'm a businessperson. I don't like having thousands of people around when you don't need them," Trump said. "When we need them, we can get them back very quickly."

Experts said restoring funding to a government agency could be a cumbersome process, which requires an act from Congress that needs to be signed into law.

The White House has spent two years cutting the CDC's budget.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/trump-defends-cuts-cdc-budget-federal-government-hire-doctors-coronavirus-2020-2-1028946602

Trump spent the past 2 years slashing the government agencies responsible for handling the coronavirus outbreak

President Donald Trump insisted on Tuesday that the coronavirus, known as COVID-19 virus, is under control because China is "working very hard" to contain its spread.

The president's comments are at odds with reality. The same day, the CDC announced that it expected the virus to spread enough within the US to cause a "disruption to everyday life."

The Trump administration has also spent the past several years dismantling the very government programs responsible for combatting a global health crisis.

February 25, 2020

Donald Trump spent much of Tuesday reassuring the public that the coronavirus is under control.

"China is working very, very hard," Trump told reporters at a business roundtable at the US embassy in New Delhi. "I have spoken to President Xi, and they are working very hard. If you know anything about him, I think he will be in pretty good shape. They have had a rough patch, but now it looks like they are getting it more and more under control. I think that is a problem that is going to go away."

Trump's comments are at odds with reality.

The coronavirus, or the COVID-19 virus, originated in Wuhan, China, and has killed 2,700 people and spread to 30 countries. There are at least 36 confirmed cases in the US, including repatriated citizens.

On Tuesday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced that it expected the virus to spread further within the US.

"It's not so much of a question of if this will happen in this country any more but a question of when this will happen," Dr. Nancy Messonnier, the director of the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, said during a press call on Tuesday. "We are asking the American public to prepare for the expectation that this might be bad."

Messonnier also said the agency was "preparing as if we are going to see community spread in the near term," adding that the outbreak could soon lead to a "disruption to everyday life."

Fears of a pandemic come after the Trump administration spent the past several years gutting the very government programs that are tasked with combatting such a crisis.

In 2018, for instance, the CDC cut 80% of its efforts to prevent global disease outbreaks because it was running out of money. Ultimately, the department went from working in 49 countries to just 10.

Here are some other actions the Trump administration undertook to dismantle government-spending programs related to fighting the spread of global diseases, according to Foreign Policy:

Trump Has Sabotaged America’s Coronavirus Response

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/01/31/coronavirus-china-trump-united-states-public-health-emergency-response/

Shutting down the entire global-health-security unit of the National Security Council.

Eliminating the US government's $30 million Complex Crises Fund.

Reducing national health spending by $15 billion.

Consistently attacking Mark Green, the director of the US Agency for International Development.

The CDC is working on a new test to screen for the coronavirus, but according to New York magazine, problems with the test's development resulted in only three out of 100 public-health labs being equipped to screen for the virus. Moreover, each test costs as much as $250, and the Health and Human

Services Department is already running out of money to finance an adequate response to the outbreak.

The Trump administration recently requested $2.5 billion in emergency funds — $1.25 billion in new funding and $1.25 billion to be diverted from other federal programs — to aid in preparing and responding to coronavirus cases in the US.

But Democratic lawmakers and health experts skewered the administration for not going far enough to combat the crisis.

The economic consequences of an unaddressed outbreak would dwarf US spending on efforts to control it, Marc Lipsitch, an epidemiologist and the director of the Center for Communicable Disease Dynamics at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, told Insider.

It seems quite inadequate and absurd to divert funds from one serious epidemic to another," Lipsitch said of the emergency-funding package. "Money to control it is a very important investment."

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-cuts-programs-responsible-for-fighting-coronavirus-2020-2?utm_source=markets&utm_medium=ingest

What embarrasses me is finding myself reading the venomous crap that I find in this thread.

Venomous crap? Sorry, these are the facts and you just don't like reading them. Your right wing propaganda outlets only heap phony praise on Benedict Donald and cover up all the damage he has done to this country. Next time do some research and learn the facts.

And Plant---I don't need your sniveling "suggestions".

Jerry, you're the one sniveling about the content and trying to cover for Benedict Donald who made severe cuts to the CDC as you falsely claim he didn't when all the evidence shows he did.

Hoping you will get what you deserve.

Well, you already got your hero Benedict Donald who has devastated and destroyed our country, so that is enough damage for this century.

What do I "deserve" Jerry?     
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 10:54:36 PM by Rick Plant »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5102 on: March 31, 2020, 10:50:16 PM »
Yes, those polls were spot on hahaha hahaha When? You have a short memory, those polls changed the day all the other idiots dropped out and endorsed the same guy who had less money than any of them.
And like the trance, you all are in, I bet you have the same drooling problem Uncle Joe has, not to mention, it hurts when you pee, some one needs to change your sack.
:D :D :D

What a poor imitation of Benedict Donald. Keep trying though! 

Offline Peter Kleinschmidt

« Reply #5103 on: March 31, 2020, 10:58:36 PM »
The article was written by Joe Concha, a Trump supporter, and Faux News contributor.What would you expect?

You poor thing, that's right you only like people who plant something new in your small brain each week, even though their accusations, stories never prove to be true. You should be living in China where it all controlled media, the way you like it.  I'm trying to figure out if you are obsessed with Dom Lemon, Rachael Maddow, and Brian Stelter either because of their looks, some hidden talent they never show or both. Fox news? Your whole world revolves around hating a person. 5 more miserable years for you  That is funny Some very weak males on this board. Were you raised by two mommies or two daddies? Are you one of Rosie O'Donnell's kids? They are smart, just misguided

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5104 on: April 01, 2020, 12:33:22 AM »
Mental midget Benedict Donald is putting out more bogus information that is going to get a lot of people killed. This moron is now telling people that scarves will protect you from the coronavirus. Wonder how many of his sycophant kool aid drinkers are going to order scarves now? They really need a mute button for this idiot so he can't put this garbage out over the airwaves. Glad to hear the CNN refused to show this idiot and only cut in to hear from the experts. Benedict Donald is only using these press conferences as an alternative for his hate rallies since he can't get the cult into his small arenas. Scarves will "protect you". What a joke. This is the "great advice" from a clown that Royell, Richard, Jerry, and Peter look up to as their messiah.       

'There's certainly no harm': Trump falsely claims scarves are an effective substitute for N-95 masks

At Tuesday’s coronavirus press briefing, President Donald Trump suggested that people should use a scarf instead of an N-95 mask.

“A lot of people have scarves. A scarf is good,” said Trump. “There’s certainly no harm.”

Scarves are not a safe substitute for an N-95 mask, which is specially formulated to filter 95 percent of impurities out of the air. Many scarves are loosely knit and can hold the virus in the fibers.

The CDC is considering a recommendation that all Americans wear masks in public, but there is a worry such a recommendation could worsen the shortage of masks and leave doctors and nurses with nothing.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/theres-certainly-no-harm-trump-falsely-claims-scarves-are-an-effective-substitute-for-n-95-masks/

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/this-is-an-utter-travesty-trump-slammed-for-suggesting-people-without-masks-wear-a-scarf/

Florida's Republican Governor blames Trump for not instituting stay-home order

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) appears to be blaming the president for the reason that he hasn’t issued a stay-at-home order.

According to Bay News 9 reporter Samantha-Jo Roth, DeSantis passed the buck to the feds when speaking about the coronavirus crisis, noting the White House task force has not told him that he should issue a statewide order.

“The task force is not recommending this. If they do, that’s something that would carry a lot of weight with me,” DeSantis said.

Donald Trump has told governors that they are in charge of their own state and he isn’t going to direct a nationwide order. Governors must decide for themselves.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, a key member of Trump’s advisory committee and the coronavirus task force, has instructed the president that a stay-at-home order is very important.

During an NBC News interview, Fauci told the country that Americans will likely need to stay home for at least several more weeks. That was guidance for all Americans, including Florida.

“I cannot see that all of a sudden, next week or two weeks from now it’s going to be over. I don’t think there’s a chance of that,” he said. “I think we should do everything we possibly can do. I mean, in all sectors, because obviously as I’ve said so many times, when you think you’re maybe overreacting, you probably are not acting as forcefully as you should. So as we’ve always said, we’ve got to try very much to stay ahead of the curve.”

It’s unclear what DeSantis is using for information, but a Google search of Dr. Fauci’s name with “stay at home” results in many statements from the task force about the importance of staying home.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/floridas-republican-governor-blames-trump-for-not-instituting-stay-home-order/

CNN praised for refusing to air Trump’s coronavirus comments: 'It will save lives'

On Tuesday, CNN went out of its way to cut out any coverage of Donald Trump’s speech at the daily coronavirus press briefing — only devoting time to other members of the task force.

Commenters on social media noticed the omission — and many praised the network for refusing to give the president a platform for misinformation and grandstanding.

THANK YOU @CNN for not airing Trump’s propaganda briefing and only showing the portions from experts and doctors.

Other networks need to follow suit.

It will save lives.

— Kaivan Shroff (@KaivanShroff) March 31, 2020

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/cnn-praised-for-refusing-to-air-trumps-coronovirus-comments-it-will-save-lives/

White House official admits Trump has politicized coronavirus response – favoring red states to grab electoral college votes: report

The president knows Florida is so important for his reelection”

Donald Trump has politicized the federal government’s response to the coronavirus pandemic, from how it allocates medical equipment and supplies like PPE, to how it responds to requests from red state governors versus blue state governors – and a White House official is freely admitting it.

The Trump administration is sending red states like Florida – which has helped elect with the winner of every presidential race consistently since 1996 – all the coronavirus personal protective gear (PPE) that it has requested, while blue states which he has no chance of winning – like New York – are getting a fraction of their requests filled.

Trump is strongly supporting Florida’s new Republican governor, Ron DeSantis (photo, with Trump), who refused to close his beaches during spring break. That move alone allowed college students to potentially carry the coronavirus back to their friends, families, and dorm mates throughout the nation, fueling the pandemic.

“Officials in Florida have pointed to the close relationship between DeSantis and Trump as a helpful tool in shaping federal policy,” The Washington Post reports. “The two speak almost daily. Trump has formed an especially close relationship with DeSantis, a former congressman whose pugilistic defenses of the president helped him secure a race-changing endorsement in his 2018 bid for governor. Trump will probably need the 29 electoral votes of his adopted homestead to win reelection.”

The Post suggests it was DeSantis’ complaints that fueled Trump’s threat this past weekend to quarantine the tri-state area..

During a phone call on Saturday, DeSantis complained about people with the coronavirus traveling from New York to Florida. Minutes later, Trump publicly said he was considering a quarantine for New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. He ultimately decided against it.”

It’s not just policy that Trump is helping DeSantis with.

“One White House official said Trump is attuned to the electoral importance of Florida in November, giving added weight to the arguments DeSantis has made to the administration that his state’s economy should reopen as soon as possible.”

“The president knows Florida is so important for his reelection so when DeSantis says that, it means a lot,” said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to be frank. “He pays close attention to what Florida wants.”

“Three days after requesting 430,000 surgical masks, 180,000 N95 respirators and other equipment on March 11, Florida received all of the items,” The Post continues. “The state received an additional shipment less than two weeks later. As of late last week, it was awaiting a third shipment.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/white-house-official-admits-trump-has-politicized-coronavirus-response-favoring-red-states-to-grab-electoral-college-votes-report/

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #5105 on: April 01, 2020, 12:43:43 AM »
You poor thing, that's right you only like people who plant something new in your small brain each week, even though their accusations, stories never prove to be true. You should be living in China where it all controlled media, the way you like it.  I'm trying to figure out if you are obsessed with Dom Lemon, Rachael Maddow, and Brian Stelter either because of their looks, some hidden talent they never show or both. Fox news? Your whole world revolves around hating a person. 5 more miserable years for you  That is funny Some very weak males on this board. Were you raised by two mommies or two daddies? Are you one of Rosie O'Donnell's kids? They are smart, just misguided

Who is the biggest idiot of them all; the guy who is constantly screwing up and tells one provable lie after another or the guy who believes all the lies and supports the screw up?

You fit the profile of the latter perfectly, Peter, and thus are a prime candidate for being the biggest idiot of them all!

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5106 on: April 01, 2020, 12:48:40 AM »
Trump Has Sabotaged America’s Coronavirus Response

As it improvises its way through a public health crisis, the United States has never been less prepared for a pandemic.

January 31, 2020

When Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the director-general of the World Health Organization (WHO), declared the Wuhan coronavirus a public health emergency of international concern on Thursday, he praised China for taking “unprecedented” steps to control the deadly virus. “I have never seen for myself this kind of mobilization,” he noted. “China is actually setting a new standard for outbreak response.”

The epidemic control efforts unfolding today in China—including placing some 100 million citizens on lockdown, shutting down a national holiday, building enormous quarantine hospitals in days’ time, and ramping up 24-hour manufacturing of medical equipment—are indeed gargantuan. It’s impossible to watch them without wondering, “What would we do? How would my government respond if this virus spread across my country?”

For the United States, the answers are especially worrying because the government has intentionally rendered itself incapable. In 2018, the Trump administration fired the government’s entire pandemic response chain of command, including the White House management infrastructure. In numerous phone calls and emails with key agencies across the U.S. government, the only consistent response I encountered was distressed confusion. If the United States still has a clear chain of command for pandemic response, the White House urgently needs to clarify what it isIf the United States still has a clear chain of command for pandemic response, the White House urgently needs to clarify what it is—not just for the public but for the government itself, which largely finds itself in the dark.

When Ebola broke out in West Africa in 2014, President Barack Obama recognized that responding to the outbreak overseas, while also protecting Americans at home, involved multiple U.S. government departments and agencies, none of which were speaking to one another. Basically, the U.S. pandemic infrastructure was an enormous orchestra full of talented, egotistical players, each jockeying for solos and fame, refusing to rehearse, and demanding higher salaries—all without a conductor. To bring order and harmony to the chaos, rein in the agency egos, and create a coherent multiagency response overseas and on the homefront, Obama anointed a former vice presidential staffer, Ronald Klain, as a sort of “epidemic czar” inside the White House, clearly stipulated the roles and budgets of various agencies, and placed incident commanders in charge in each Ebola-hit country and inside the United States. The orchestra may have still had its off-key instruments, but it played the same tune.

Building on the Ebola experience, the Obama administration set up a permanent epidemic monitoring and command group inside the White House National Security Council (NSC) and another in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)—both of which followed the scientific and public health leads of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the diplomatic advice of the State Department.

On the domestic front, the real business of assuring public health and safety is a local matter, executed by state, county, and city departments that operate under a mosaic of laws and regulations that vary jurisdiction by jurisdiction. Some massive cities, such as New York City or Boston, have large budgets, clear regulations, and epidemic experiences that have left deep benches of medical and public health talent. But much of the United States is less fortunate on the local level, struggling with underfunded agencies, understaffing, and no genuine epidemic experience. Large and small, America’s localities rely in times of public health crisis on the federal government.

Bureaucracy matters. Without it, there’s nothing to coherently manage an alphabet soup of agencies housed in departments ranging from Defense to Commerce, Homeland Security to Health and Human Services (HHS).

But that’s all gone now.

In the spring of 2018, the White House pushed Congress to cut funding for Obama-era disease security programs, proposing to eliminate $252 million in previously committed resources for rebuilding health systems in Ebola-ravaged Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Guinea. Under fire from both sides of the aisle, President Donald Trump dropped the proposal to eliminate Ebola funds a month later. But other White House efforts included reducing $15 billion in national health spending and cutting the global disease-fighting operational budgets of the CDC, NSC, DHS, and HHS. And the government’s $30 million Complex Crises Fund was eliminated.

In May 2018, Trump ordered the NSC’s entire global health security unit shut down, calling for reassignment of Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer and dissolution of his team inside the agency. The month before, then-White House National Security Advisor John Bolton pressured Ziemer’s DHS counterpart, Tom Bossert, to resign along with his team. Neither the NSC nor DHS epidemic teams have been replaced. The global health section of the CDC was so drastically cut in 2018 that much of its staff was laid off and the number of countries it was working in was reduced from 49 to merely 10. Meanwhile, throughout 2018, the U.S. Agency for International Development and its director, Mark Green, came repeatedly under fire from both the White House and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. And though Congress has so far managed to block Trump administration plans to cut the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps by 40 percent, the disease-fighting cadres have steadily eroded as retiring officers go unreplaced.

Public health advocates have been ringing alarm bells to no avail. Public health advocates have been ringing alarm bells to no avail. Klain has been warning for two years that the United States was in grave danger should a pandemic emerge. In 2017 and 2018, the philanthropist billionaire Bill Gates met repeatedly with Bolton and his predecessor, H.R. McMaster, warning that ongoing cuts to the global health disease infrastructure would render the United States vulnerable to, as he put it, the “significant probability of a large and lethal modern-day pandemic occurring in our lifetimes.” And an independent, bipartisan panel formed by the Center for Strategic and International Studies concluded that lack of preparedness was so acute in the Trump administration that the “United States must either pay now and gain protection and security or wait for the next epidemic and pay a much greater price in human and economic costs.”

The next epidemic is now here; we’ll soon know the costs imposed by the Trump administration’s early negligence and present panic. On Jan. 29, Trump announced the creation of the President’s Coronavirus Task Force, an all-male group of a dozen advisors, five from the White House staff. Chaired by Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar, the task force includes men from the CDC, State Department, DHS, the Office of Management and Budget, and the Transportation Department. It’s not clear how this task force will function or when it will even convene.

In the absence of a formal structure, the government has resorted to improvisation. In practical terms, the U.S. government’s public health effort is led by Daniel Jernigan, the incident commander for the Wuhan coronavirus response at the CDC. Jernigan is responsible for convening meetings of the nation’s state health commissioners and briefing CDC Director Robert Redfield and his boss, Azar. Meanwhile, state-level health leaders told me that they have been sharing information with one another and deciding how best to prepare their medical and public health workers without waiting for instructions from federal leadership. The most important federal program for  local medical worker and hospital epidemic training, however, will run out of money in May, as Congress has failed to vote on its funding. The HHS Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) is the bulwark between hospitals and health departments versus pandemic threats; last year HHS requested $2.58 billion, but Congress did not act.

On Thursday, the CDC confirmed the first human-to-human spread of the Wuhan coronavirus inside the United States, between a husband and wife in Chicago. While the wife acquired her infection traveling in China, she passed the virus to her husband on return to the United States. Though only six Wuhan coronavirus cases have been confirmed in the United States, with no deaths, Nancy Messonnier of the CDC told reporters on Thursday: “Moving forward, we can expect to see more cases, and more cases mean the potential for more person-to-person spread.”

As the number of coronavirus cases increases, Americans are growing more fearful, which is creating new problems that the government is leaving unaddressed.As the number of coronavirus cases increases, Americans are growing more fearful, which is creating new problems that the government is leaving unaddressed. Surveying the largest drug store chains in New York City on Wednesday, I found that all were sold out of medical face masks and latex gloves, as is Amazon. Searching online for protective masks reveals that dozens of products intended for use to block dust and particles far larger than viruses are garnering brisk sales—and none available that can actually prevent viral exposure. The surge in mask and glove sales to worried citizens all over the world needs refereeing. Bona fide anti-viral masks should be prioritized to front-line medical and public health staff, and the populace shouldn’t be misled into purchasing and wearing products that offer no genuine protection.

Countering misinformation, conspiracy theories, rumormongering, and discriminatory behavior against people believed to be disease spreaders requires thoughtful communication from leadership at the highest levels of government. None is in evidence. Instead, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross appeared on Fox Business on Thursday to fan the flames of fear for the sake of hypothetical business opportunities. “It does give businesses yet another thing to consider when they go through their review of their supply chain,” Ross said. “It’s another risk factor that people need to take into account. So, I think it will help accelerate the return of jobs to North America, some to the U.S., probably some to Mexico as well.”

Meanwhile, Trump, asked at the recent World Economic Forum gathering in Davos, Switzerland how he intended to respond to the epidemic, said the situation was under control and a world away from the United States.

In a statement released this week, Pompeo sought to calm Americans, saying, “People should know that there are enormous efforts underway by the United States government to make sure that we do everything we can to protect the American people and to reduce the risk all around the globe.” But late Thursday night, the secretary—in clear defiance of WHO’s admonishment against restricting travel to and from China—issued an advisory saying, “Those currently in China should consider departing.”

In recent days, a handful of policy leaders have been shifted from government positions focused on weapons of mass destruction and bioterrorism to the slowly emerging epidemic response infrastructure, such as Matthew Pottinger, Philip Ferro, and David Wade on the NSC and the bioterrorism expert Anthony Ruggiero. It’s not at all clear how they would handle an explosion of coronavirus cases, were such a dreadful thing to occur in the United States. “The full weight of the US Government is working on this,” a senior administration official told CNN on Tuesday. “As with any interagency effort of this scale, the National Security Council works closely with the whole of government to ensure a coordinated and unified effort.”

The last time the U.S. government and its many local and state counterparts faced an explosive pandemic on American soil was 2009, with the spread of H1N1, or swine flu. The then-new Obama administration was still filling key positions across the executive branch when the epidemic emerged that spring, and it struggled to set the proper tone in reaction to what turned out to be an exceptionally contagious, but not unusually virulent, form of influenza.

The challenge revealed enormous gaps in America’s ability to swiftly manufacture vaccines, stock-outs of face masks and vital hospital supplies, and serious difficulty in keeping ahead of outright lies, conspiracy theories, and rumormongering on cable TV and social media. The much more deadly pandemic test came in 1981, with the arrival of HIV: It did not go well, as history has well established, because homophobia was so pervasive in the country and within government that gay men, rather than the virus killing them, were treated as a national scourge.

Since the great influenza pandemic of 1918, the United States has been spared terrifying epidemics. Americans now are epidemic voyeurs. They watch YouTube videos of China’s struggles. They see the government attack its epidemic by building a 1,000-bed quarantine hospital in a single week, lock down cities larger than New York or Los Angeles, ramp up 24/7 manufacture of face masks and protective gear, deploy its armed forces medical corps to treat ailing citizens, send enormous convoys of food and supplies to anxious citizens of Wuhan, and release terrifying, growing tallies daily of its swelling patient populations. They look in horror at panicked lines of masked people waiting to learn if their fevers are caused by the deadly disease, at bodies lying on cold floors in overcrowded hospitals, and at people crying out from behind their masks for help. And they ask, “What would the United States do? What would the White House do?” The answers are not reassuring.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/01/31/coronavirus-china-trump-united-states-public-health-emergency-response/

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5107 on: April 01, 2020, 12:59:38 AM »

The weakest males profess their undying love for Benedict Donald as they continue to worship him swallowing whatever b.s. he tells them. You fit this category perfectly. 

We already have a controlled state run media like Faux Propaganda, Sinclair Broadcating who owns the majority of CBS, NBC, ABC local affiliates, and AM right wing hate radio.

And your continued obsessive hate against Hillary Clinton and President Barack Obama.

5 more years? That's hilarious. People are dying because of the ineptness, failures, and corruption of Benedict Donald. His gutting of the CDC and lying about a deadly virus calling it a "hoax" made up by Democrats is the reason we have the worst catastrophe in American History. This orange turd is going to lose in the biggest landslide in history in November. Benedict Donald can't gaslight a deadly virus and more deaths each day. Coming from this lunatic who says 200,000 deaths is a good number.               

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #5108 on: April 01, 2020, 01:35:45 AM »
5 more years? That's hilarious. People are dying because of the ineptness, failures, and corruption of Benedict Donald.         

Trump banned travel from China in January and everyone called him a racist. He then banned travel from Europe in March and the Europeans said that was too extreme.

Then they all woke up and started banning travel from China and Europe started banning flights from one country to the next inside Europe.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #5109 on: April 01, 2020, 01:49:14 AM »
Trump banned travel from China in January and everyone called him a racist. He then banned travel from Europe in March and the Europeans said that was too extreme.

Then they all woke up and started banning travel from China and Europe started banning flights from one country to the next inside Europe.

I'm not sure where you get your BS information from, but countries like Spain and Italy, who are the two European countries most affected by the virus, went into complete lockdown on March 14th, so don't give us any crap about the Europeans saying it was to extreme that he banned travel from Europe.

Besides, he didn't ban travel from Europe at all, since he allowed Americans to return to the country, risking that they would bring the virus with them. Remember the videos of thousands of people closely packed together at airports all over the country?

Mobile View