Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
Tom Scully, Martin Weidmann and 30 Guests are viewing this topic.

Author Topic: Trump supporters and conspiracy theory  (Read 100706 times)

Online Royell Storing

Re: Trump supporters and conspiracy theory
« Reply #3900 on: February 15, 2020, 09:20:04 PM »
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2016/jun/03/hillary-clinton/yes-donald-trump-did-call-climate-change-chinese-h/

Clinton and Comp in the above are intentionally confusing "Global Warming" with their new and improved "Climate Change". This is what they do Every time one of their Bogus claims/quotes is Exposed. Move The Goalposts.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #3901 on: February 15, 2020, 09:38:12 PM »
     Clinton and Comp in the above are intentionally confusing "Global Warming" with their new and improved "Climate Change". This is what they do Every time one of their Bogus claims/quotes is Exposed. Move The Goalposts.

You actually believe that global warming has no relation with climate change? Really?

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #3902 on: February 15, 2020, 10:29:11 PM »
Per-capita-wise, India and China decline in rank; Canada and the US rise.

The winters are longer than in the US but air conditioning in the summer is required. There is large-scale mineral and fuel extraction, including the Tar Sands ...

This is the World's Most Destructive Oil Operation—and it's Growing

,,, or the "Oil Sands", the politically-correct term the industry people prefer.

My daughter and son-in-law lived in northern Alberta for ten years while he worked in the Oil Sands industry. While there's no doubt that the Oil Sands production contributes greatly to our share of CO2 emissions, one can't help but question the commitment that the population has to reducing emissions. The population of my local town hasn't increased in the last 35 years but the amount of traffic is up tenfold. Sure, by average, vehicles get better fuel mileage today but not by much.

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #3903 on: February 15, 2020, 10:52:04 PM »
My daughter and son-in-law lived in northern Alberta for ten years while he worked in the Oil Sands industry. While there's no doubt that the Oil Sands production contributes greatly to our share of CO2 emissions, one can't help but question the commitment that the population has to reducing emissions. The population of my local town hasn't increased in the last 35 years but the amount of traffic is up tenfold. Sure, by average, vehicles get better fuel mileage today but not by much.

A good "rule of thumb" is to Never Believe MPG Figures. Whether it be the Maker, Buyer, Mechanic, whatever, EVERYBODY Lies about MPG.

Online Jerry Organ

• Plaza 3D
« Reply #3904 on: February 15, 2020, 11:24:24 PM »
   A good "rule of thumb" is to Never Believe MPG Figures. Whether it be the Maker, Buyer, Mechanic, whatever, EVERYBODY Lies about MPG.

Do car ads even emphasize MPG anymore?

Most I see show a car driving down a snowboard course, or being able to detect a pedestrian. In other words, a car is a carefree plaything that you can drive anywhere and not bother looking out for people. Next year ads will show the driver napping while the car drives itself.

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #3905 on: February 15, 2020, 11:25:49 PM »

You're just another crackpot Alex Jones conspiracy bonehead and a Big Oil shill to the bitter end, comrade. Like your dear leader, your total ignorance of science, lack of critical thinking and inability to learn a goddamned thing may have doomed us all.  But why should you give a damn since you'll likely be sleeping with the dinosaurs in a few years? To hell with the next generations, especially since most of them will probably be stinking Democrats. A Deplorable would rather be Russian than a Democrat, which is a popular slogan on T shirts sold at Drumpf rallies. I shit you not. Royell can let you know how much they cost.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 01:34:08 AM by Jack Trojan »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #3906 on: February 15, 2020, 11:35:55 PM »

Most I see show a car driving down a snowboard course, or being able to detect a pedestrian. In other words, a car is a carefree plaything that you can drive anywhere and not bother looking out for people. Next year ads will show the driver napping while the car drives itself.

Yeah. How long until the glove box is replaced with a microwave oven?

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #3907 on: February 16, 2020, 12:30:48 AM »

I just drove my wife's Corolla to pick up some power juice. The dash display was showing 7.1 L /100 kms. My own car is book-rated at 5.6 L/100 kms. The first time that I see a driver-less car on the road will be the last time I drive on that road.

Online Jerry Organ

• Plaza 3D
« Reply #3908 on: February 16, 2020, 01:06:12 AM »
I just drove my wife's Corolla to pick up some power juice. The dash display was showing 7.1 L /100 kms. My own car is book-rated at 5.6 L/100 kms. The first time that I see a driver-less car on the road will be the last time I drive on that road.

How are those shares in the buggy whip factory treating you?

Someday they'll have a car that climbs ski hills and automatically stops for skiers.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #3909 on: February 16, 2020, 01:39:05 AM »
How are those shares in the buggy whip factory treating you?

Someday they'll have a car that climbs ski hills and automatically stops for skiers.

But nothing similar for road warriors*  ;)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 03:33:11 AM by Bill Chapman »

Mobile View