Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
John Tonkovich, Colin Crow and 31 Guests are viewing this topic.

Author Topic: Trump supporters and conspiracy theory  (Read 224809 times)

Offline Peter Kleinschmidt

Re: Trump supporters and conspiracy theory
« Reply #5090 on: March 31, 2020, 07:34:37 AM »
:D :D :D

Peter might want to check the polls again. Biden is crushing criminal Benedict Donald in the Fox Poll and in the Harvard CAPS Harris Poll:

New Harvard CAPS-Harris Poll has Joe Biden beating Donald Trump 55-45

Former Vice President Joe Biden leads President Trump by 10 points nationally in a new poll, bolstered by an advantage with independents.

The poll also shows pessimism about the economy growing, a factor that could help Biden and hurt Trump in the Poll:

The latest Harvard CAPS-Harris Poll finds Biden getting 55 percent support, versus 45 percent for Trump. Biden has 96 percent support from Democrats, while Trump has 89 percent support from Republicans. Independents break for Biden by a 54 to 46 percent margin.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), who has yet to drop out of the race for the Democratic presidential nomination, also leads Trump, winning 53 percent to Trump’s 47 percent. However, Biden has a near-insurmountable lead in delegates over Sanders. Biden leads Sanders among Democrats nationally by 36 points, 58 to 31 percent.

Sure, Ricky,  You will never learn.
as usual whatever poll Ricky picks and relies on never pans out. I have to tell you what's going to happen. You try and fail each and every time.  You are not very bright.  Martin is a level above you. Profound retardation IQ 67 at best that's him not you hahahahaha!  Stop acting like a girl

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5091 on: March 31, 2020, 08:11:46 AM »
Sure, Ricky,  You will never learn.
as usual whatever poll Ricky picks and relies on never pans out. I have to tell you what's going to happen. You try and fail each and every time.  You are not very bright.  Martin is a level above you. Profound retardation IQ 67 at best that's him not you hahahahaha!  Stop acting like a girl

The polls were spot on that had Biden crushing Bernie Sanders in these primaries. The polls were also spot in 2018 where the Democrats won the House in a landslide.

As more people get sick and die because of the failure Benedict Donald, the landslide will get worse for Benedict Donald who sold us out to China shipping 17.8 tons of our medical supplies overseas.

Our hardworking doctors and nurses are using diapers and garbage bags as masks and gowns because of the failure of Benedict Donald who attacks doctors and nurses daily claiming they are "stealing" and "hoarding" medical supplies because he is a pathological liar covering up for shipping their supplies to China.   

Keep living in your delusion.

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5092 on: March 31, 2020, 08:19:41 AM »
REVEALED:  Jared Kushner firm built coronavirus website Trump promised Google was building

More details about Donald Trump administration’s haphazard response to the COVID-19 pandemic were revealed in a bombshell new report published by The Atlantic on Monday evening.

“On March 13, President Donald Trump promised Americans they would soon be able to access a new website that would ask them about their symptoms and direct them to nearby coronavirus testing sites. He said Google was helping. That wasn’t true,” The Atlantic reported.

“But in the following days, Oscar Health—a health-insurance company closely connected to Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner—developed a government website with the features the president had described. A team of Oscar engineers, project managers, and executives spent about five days building a stand-alone website at the government’s request, an Oscar spokesperson told The Atlantic. The company even dispatched two employees from New York to meet in person with federal officials in Washington, D.C., the spokesperson said. Then the website was suddenly and mysteriously scrapped,” the magazine reported.

“The full extent of Oscar’s work on the project has not been previously reported. The partnership between the administration and the firm suggests that Kushner may have mingled his family’s business interests with his political interests and his role in the administration’s coronavirus response,” The Atlantic noted. “The ad hoc nature of Kushner’s task force has already collided with federal laws. Oscar’s involvement deepens Kushner’s ethics and conflict-of-interest problems.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/revealed-jared-kushner-firm-built-coronavirus-website-trump-promised-google-was-building/

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/03/kushner-coronavirus-testing-oscar-company/609139/

Online Tom Scully

« Reply #5093 on: March 31, 2020, 08:21:42 AM »
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-vice-president-pence-members-coronavirus-task-force-press-briefing-14/Briefing - Healthcare
Issued on: March 30, 2020
Rose Garden
March 29, 2020
5:43 P.M. EDT
....THE PRESIDENT:  Appreciate it.   Please.
MR.PESICKA:  Thank you, Mr. President.  Let me first start by thanking the administration for all the support you have provided to the industry.  And one of the things we did — we did hear the challenge.  And starting in January, we’ve ramped up our production in the Americas, including our facility in North Carolina, where we are now manufacturing an additional 40 to 50 million masks per month to get into the U.S. healthcare system.
And we talked a little about this in the pre-meeting: One of the issues we’re struggling with is the demand increase.  You know, used an anecdotal example of one hospital in New York that traditionally uses roughly ten- to twenty thousand masks a week are now using two- to three hundred thousand masks a week.  So you multiply that times the entire pop- — the entire U.S., let alone the same demand outside of the U.S.  That’s part of the issue we’re running into: Is even with a significant ramp-up in supply, you know, there’s still that demand that is — that is much greater than that supply.
THE PRESIDENT:  Thank you very much.
MR.PESICKA:  Thank you.
THE PRESIDENT:  And I bring that up because when we discussed, back in a room — we were in a conference room — a very nice one, actually; it’s called the Cabinet Room — that statement was made that they’ve been delivering for years, 10- to 20,000 masks.  Okay, it’s a New York hospital.  Very — it’s packed all the time.  How do you go from 10 to 20, to 300,000?  10- to 20,000 masks to 300,000?
Even though this is different, something is going on, and you ought to look into it as reporters.  Where are the masks going?  Are they going out the back door?
How do you go from 10,000 to 300,000?  And we have that in a lot of different places.  So, somebody should probably look into that, because I just don’t see, from a practical standpoint, how that’s possible to go from that to that.  And we have that happening in numerous places — not to that extent; that was the highest number I’ve heard.  That’s the highest number you’ve seen, I would imagine, right?
But this man makes them and delivers them to a lot of hospitals.  He knows the system better than anybody.  And I think you were more surprised than I was when you saw that number.  So thank you very much.  I hope I didn’t get any of your clients in trouble, but it could be that they are in trouble.  So they have to look at that in New York.
FEMA is working with these companies to launch Project Airbridge to expedite the movement of critical supplies from other countries to the United States.  The first flight arrived at JFK Airport, New York, this morning, filled with 80 tons of personal protective equipment, including 130,000 N95 respirators — those are the ones that we were talking about before — 1.8 million face masks and gowns, 10.3 million gloves, and many other things.  Millions and millions of different items.
FEMA has scheduled 19 additional flights and is adding more daily.  We hope to have about 50 flights.  We’re going to have — I think including the one that came in today, we’re up at 51 flights with these massive planes from the different companies.  That was so nice to be here today.  Would you like to say something on behalf?  Please, come up.  Thank you.
MS. LANE:  Thank you, Mr President, for the incredible leadership.  I will share with you that UPS is really proud to be part of this effort.....

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-members-coronavirus-task-force-press-briefing/
Remarks by President Trump and Members of the Coronavirus Task Force in a Press Briefing
Healthcare  Issued on: March 30, 2020
Rose Garden 5:12 P.M. EDT
.....Q    Sir, what do you say to Americans who are upset with you over the way you —
THE PRESIDENT:  Here we go.
Q    — downplayed this crisis over the last couple of months?  “We have it very much under control in this country.  The coronavirus is very much under control in the USA.  It’s going to disappear.  It’s like a miracle.  It will disappear.”
March 4th: “We have a very small number of people in this country infected.”
March 10th: “We’re prepared.  We’re doing a great job with it.  It will go away.  Just stay calm.  It will go away.”
THE PRESIDENT:  Well, isn’t it true?  It will go away.
Q    What do you say to Americans who believe that you got this wrong?
THE PRESIDENT:  And I do want them to stay calm.  And we are doing a great job.  If you look at those individual statements, they’re all true.  Stay calm.  It will go away.  You know it — you know it is going away, and it will go away.  And we’re going to have a great victory.
And it’s people like you and CNN that say things like that.  That — it’s why people just don’t want to listen to CNN anymore.  You could ask a normal question.  The statements I made are: I want to keep the country calm.  I don’t want to panic in the country.  I could cause panic much better than even you.  I could do much — I would make you look like a minor league player.  But you know what?  I don’t want to do that.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/29/opinions/coronavirus-personal-protective-equipment-obeidallah/index.html
Trump administration sent protective medical gear to China while he minimized the virus threat to US
Opinion by Dean Obeidallah
Updated 7:53 AM ET, Mon March 30, 2020

....The situation is so dire one New Jersey doctor described it as "sending medical professionals like lambs to the slaughterhouse."

Concerns about a dwindling supply of PPE are not new. Back on February 7, the World Health Organization sounded alarm bells about "the limited stock of PPE," noting demand was 100 times higher than normal for this equipment.
Yet the same day as the WHO warning, the Trump administration announced that it was transporting to China nearly 17.8 tons (more than 35,000 pounds) of "masks, gowns, gauze, respirators, and other vital materials." As Secretary of State Mike Pompeo noted in the press release announcing this shipment, "These donations are a testament to the generosity of the American people."

Americans indeed are a generous people. We want to help those in need. And at the time these medical supplies were shipped, more than 28,000 people in China were infected with nearly 600 deaths attributed to the virus. But how could Trump allow tons of vital medical equipment Americans to be transported to another country in February if, as he has claimed since January, he fully understood the risk the United States was facing from the virus.

As a reminder, the first known case of coronavirus case on US soil was confirmed by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on January 21, 2020.
The next day, Trump was asked about the virus while attending the World Economic Forum annual meeting in Davos. CNBC anchor Joe Kernen asked the President: "The CDC has identified a case of coronavirus in Washington state ... have you been briefed by the CDC?" to which Trump responded, "I have." Kernen continued, "Are there worries about a pandemic at this point?" Trump declared: "No. Not at all. And — we're — we have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It's — going to be just fine."
Trump again on January 30 assured Americans he understood the threat posed by the virus and was prepared, stating, "We have it very well under control," adding, "We're working very closely with China and other countries, and we think it's going to have a very good ending for us ... that I can assure you."
On February 5, US lawmakers were pressing the Trump administration on its preparedness for a possible widespread coronavirus outbreak in the US, with some slamming the administration's failure to communicate with the states about how the White House would be addressing it.

By February 6, the United States had 12 known confirmed cases in Wisconsin, California, Washington, Arizona, Massachusetts and Illinois — and with mass testing not yet begun the number of infected was likely far higher.
It was in this climate that the Trump administration announced its aid transport to China. Pompeo bragged on Twitter that the administration had "coordinated with U.S. organizations to transport" goods to China including, "Personal protective equipment."
Now compare that to March 18, when Trump defiantly told governors pressing him to help their states obtain similar equipment: "The federal governments not supposed to be out there buying vast amounts of items and then shipping," adding, "We're not a shipping clerk."

Just three days after these goods arrived in China, Trump again bragged that the United States was in "great shape" when it came to the virus. He then added to assure an increasingly concerned America about Covid-19, "You know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in," reiterating, "Typically, that will go away in April."

I won't be so glib as to ask what happened to Trump's "America First" policy. That's too easy. But the fact Trump claimed to comprehend the risk posed by the coronavirus and then shipped nearly 18 tons of equipment that includes much of what our medical staff are now pleading for means either he was lying or is dangerously incompetent. You can pick which one you believe. But the results are the same for our valiant health care workers who are working tirelessly to save lives from Covid-19. ....

I want to have our country be calm and strong, and fight and win, and it will go away. And it is incredible the job that all of these people are doing — putting them all together — the job that they’re doing.
I am very proud of the job they’re doing, that Mike Pence is doing, that the task force has done, that Honeywell and Procter & Gamble and Mike, and all of these people have done.  I’m very proud.  It’s — it’s almost a miracle, and it is — the way it’s all come together.

And instead of asking a nasty, snarky question like that, you should ask a real question.  And other than that, I’m going to go to somebody else.
Please, go ahead.  Please.
Q    You expressed some concern in the past that medical supplies were going out the back door —
THE PRESIDENT:  Yeah.
Q    — and that, perhaps, some hospitals were doing things worse than hoarding.
THE PRESIDENT:  Well, I expressed what was told to me by a tremendous power in the business.  He said that, at a New York hospital, for a long period of time, he was giving 10,000, maybe maximum 20,000 masks over a short time.  And all of a sudden, he’s giving 300,000.  And I said, “No matter how bad this is, could that be possible?”  He said, “No.”  So there’s only a couple of things that could happen.  Is it going out the back door?
And I’ve reported it to the city and let the city take a look at it.  But when you go from 10,000 masks to 300,000 masks, Mike, over the same period of time, there’s something going on.  Now, I’m not making any charges, but when everyone is looking for masks — and, by the way, that’s another thing: We’re making a lot of masks.  And the sterilization process is going to save a lot of time and a lot of masks.
But when you have the biggest distributor of product that distributes to many of the big hospitals and hospital chains, and he brings up a statistic like that — and I know you’re trying to make a big deal out of it, but you shouldn’t be.  You should actually go over to the hospital and find out why.  You shouldn’t be asking me.  I’m just saying that’s the way it is.
Q    Are you —
THE PRESIDENT:  You should go over there as a great reporter.  I have no idea who you are, but that’s okay.  You should go over there, go to the hospital, and find out: How come you used to get 10,000 masks and you had a full hospital?  New York City — always full.  And how come now you have 300,000 masks?  Despite the virus and all, you have three- — how do you go from 10 [thousand] to 300,000?  And this is very serious stuff.  I mean, I could see from 10 to 20, or from 10 to 40 or 50 or something.  But how do you go from 10 [thousand] to 300,000 masks?
So what I think you should do as a — I’m sure you’re a wonderful investigative reporter.  You should go to the hospital and find out why.
Okay, yeah.
Q    Are you asking your DOJ to look into it, sir?
THE PRESIDENT:  Steve, please.

Q    You said there’s challenging times ahead in the next 30 days.  What’s the U.S. economy going to look like when (inaudible) the other side?
....Q    Mr. President —
THE PRESIDENT:  Please.
Q    Thank you, Mr. President.  You said several times that the United States has ramped up testing.  I’ll just talk a little quicker — or a little louder.
Mr. President, you said several times that the United States has ramped up testing, but the United States is still not testing per capita as many people as other countries like South Korea.  Why is that?  And when do you think that that number will be on par with other countries?
And Dr. —
THE PRESIDENT:  Yeah, well, it’s — it’s very much on par.

Q    Not per capita —
THE PRESIDENT:  Look — look — per capita.  We have areas of country that’s very tight.  I know South Korea better than anybody.  It’s a — very tight.  Do you know how many people are in Seoul?  Do you know how big the city of Seoul is?
Q    But the question is about (inaudible).
THE PRESIDENT:  Thirty-eight million people.  That’s bigger than anything we have.  Thirty-eight million people all tightly wound together.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seoul_Capital_Area
.... • Capital area
11,704 km2 (4,519 sq mi)
Population (2018)
 • Metro 25,674,800
 • Percentage of South Korea's total population
~50% (51 million)

We have vast farmlands.  We have vast areas where they don’t have much of a problem.  In some cases, they have no problem whatsoever.  We have done more tests.  What I didn’t — I didn’t talk about per capita.  We have done more tests, by far, than any country in the world, by far.
Our testing is also better than any country in the world.  And when you look at that, as simple as that looks, that’s something that’s a game changer, and every country wants that.  Every country.
So rather than asking a question like that, you should congratulate the people that have done this testing, because we inherited — this administration inherited a broken system, a system that was obsolete, a system that didn’t work.  It was okay for a tiny, small group of people, but once you got beyond that, it didn’t work.
We have built an incredible system to the fact, where we have now done more tests than any other country in the world.  And now the technology is really booming.
I just spoke to — well, I spoke to a lot.  I’m not going to even mention.  I spoke to a number of different testing companies today, and the job that they’ve done and the job that they’re doing is incredible.
But when Abbott comes out and does this so quickly, it’s really unreal.  In fact, one company, I have to say, that stands out in the job — and I think I can say this; I don’t want to insult anybody else — but Roche.  Roche has been incredible in the testing job they’ve done.  And they’re ramping it up exponentially.  It’s up, up, up, up.  And you should be saying congratulations instead of asking a really snarky question, because I know exactly what you mean by that.
You should be saying congratulations to the men and women who have done this job, who have inherited a broken testing system, and who have made it great.  And if you don’t say it, I’ll say it.  I want to congratulate all of the people.  You have done a fantastic job.
And we will see you all tomorrow.  Thank you very much.  Thank you.  Thank you.
END
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 08:31:56 AM by Tom Scully »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5094 on: March 31, 2020, 08:33:31 AM »
Trump abandoned his Easter re-opening after advisers showed him devastating poll numbers: report

On Monday, The New York Times reported that President Donald Trump quietly backed off his repeated pledge that he would like to have businesses and normal economic activity reopen by Easter — and identified a key reason that he changed his mind.

“The numbers the health officials showed President Trump were overwhelming. With the peak of the coronavirus pandemic still weeks away, he was told, hundreds of thousands of Americans could face death if the country reopened too soon,” wrote Peter Baker and Maggie Haberman. “But there was another set of numbers that also helped persuade Mr. Trump to shift gears on Sunday and abandon his goal of restoring normal life by Easter. Political advisers described for him polling that showed that voters overwhelmingly preferred to keep containment measures in place over sending people back to work prematurely.”

“Those two realities — the dire threat to the country and the caution of the American public — proved decisive at a critical juncture in the response to the pandemic, his advisers said,” the report continued. “The first of those two realities, the deadly arc of the virus, has been known for weeks even if disregarded by the president when he set his Easter target. But the second of the two upended Mr. Trump’s assumptions about the politics of the situation and restrained, for a moment at least, his eagerness to get back to business as usual.”

This week, Trump officially extended the social distancing guidelines through the end of April, acknowledging publicly that his prior call for an early end to containment measures were not politically or medically possible.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/trump-quietly-abandoned-his-easter-re-opening-after-advisers-showed-him-devastating-poll-numbers-report/

Trump accuses New York hospitals of 'hoarding' masks and ventilators without evidence

Donald Trump went off on a rant accusing hospitals, doctors and nurses of hoarding equipment and intentionally exaggerating the things they need.

Speaking in the Rose Garden Sunday, Trump asked, “How do you go from 10 to 20 to 300,000 masks? Where are the masks going, are they going out the backdoor?”

Indeed, the masks are going in the trash after they’re used. The masks are one-use masks, which Trump said he wants to be able to sanitize them so people can reuse them.

“They have to look into that in New York,” Trump said, noting that he heard they went from 10,000 masks to 300,000 masks.

“I’m I don’t think it’s hoarding, it’s maybe worse than hoarding,” Trump said.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/trump-accuses-new-york-hospitals-of-lying-about-ventilators-and-masks-theyre-using/

Why is Trump obsessively trying to humiliate this PBS reporter? It’s not working

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/why-is-trump-tobsessively-trying-to-humiliate-this-pbs-reporter-its-not-working/

Watch: Trump snaps at black reporters calling them ‘you people’ during Rose Garden press conference

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/watch-trump-snaps-at-black-reporters-as-you-people-during-rose-garden-press-conference/

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #5095 on: March 31, 2020, 11:27:56 AM »
Hilarious.

"When asked about the US's coronavirus testing capabilities by a journalist at a White House press briefing, Donald Trump deflected by asking the reporter about the South Korean capital city Seoul's population.

"I know South Korea better than anybody," Trump said. "It's a very tight - do you know how many people are in Seoul? Do you know how big the city of Seoul is? 38 million people. That's bigger than anything we have."

Seoul actually only has a population of 10m."

However the Wikipedia page on Seoul gives the height above sea level of 38m.
Seems the "exceptional brain" gets his information from Wiki.

And even then misreads it. :D :D :D
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 11:31:22 AM by Ray Mitcham »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5096 on: March 31, 2020, 12:34:25 PM »
Hilarious.

"When asked about the US's coronavirus testing capabilities by a journalist at a White House press briefing, Donald Trump deflected by asking the reporter about the South Korean capital city Seoul's population.

"I know South Korea better than anybody," Trump said. "It's a very tight - do you know how many people are in Seoul? Do you know how big the city of Seoul is? 38 million people. That's bigger than anything we have."

Seoul actually only has a population of 10m."

However the Wikipedia page on Seoul gives the height above sea level of 38m.
Seems the "exceptional brain" gets his information from Wiki.

And even then misreads it. :D :D :D

:D :D :D

And his kool aid drinking cult believes it. When you tell them the 38 million population is b.s. they cry "fake news". Some kool aid cult drinker said that to me on Twitter last night. These people are nuts and they still believe the virus is a "hoax" because their messiah told them so.   

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5097 on: March 31, 2020, 12:42:45 PM »
A president unfit for a pandemic

Much of the suffering and death coming was preventable. The president has blood on his hands.

By The Editorial Board,Updated March 30, 2020, 3:07 p.m.

Things fall apart; the center cannot hold,” wrote W.B. Yeats in 1919. A century later, it’s clear: The epicenter cannot hold. Catastrophic decisions in the White House have doomed the world’s richest country to a season of untold suffering.

The United States, long a beacon of scientific progress and medical innovation with its world-class research institutions and hospitals, is now the hub of a global pandemic that has infected at least 745,000 people and already claimed more than 35,000 lives worldwide. Now that the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the United States — more than 140,000 — has surpassed that of any other nation, Americans are consigned for the coming weeks to watching the illness fell family members and friends, and to fearing for their own fate as they watch death tolls rise.

While the spread of the novel coronavirus has been aggressive around the world, much of the profound impact it will have here in the United States was preventable. As the American public braces itself for the worst of this crisis, it’s worth remembering that the reach of the virus here is not attributable to an act of God or a foreign invasion, but a colossal failure of leadership.

The outbreak that began in China demanded a White House that could act swiftly and competently to protect public health, informed by science and guided by compassion and public service. It required an administration that could quickly deploy reliable tests around the nation to isolate cases and trace and contain the virus’s spread, as South Korea effectively did, as well as to manufacture and distribute scarce medical supplies around the country. It begged for a president of the United States to deliver clear, consistent, scientifically sound messages on the state of the epidemic and its solutions, to reassure the public amid their fear, and to provide steady guidance to cities and states. And it demanded a leader who would put the country’s well-being first, above near-term stock market returns and his own reelection prospects, and who would work with other nations to stem the tide of COVID-19 cases around the world.

What we have instead is a president epically outmatched by a global pandemic. A president who in late January, when the first confirmed coronavirus case was announced in the United States, downplayed the risk and insisted all was under control. A president who, rather than aggressively test all those exposed to the virus, said he’d prefer not to bring ashore passengers on a contaminated cruise ship so as to keep national case numbers (artificially) low. A president who, consistent with his mistrust and undermining of scientific fact, has misled the public about unproven cures for COVID-19, and who baited-and-switched last week about whether the country ought to end social distancing to open up by Easter, and then, on Saturday, about whether he’d impose a quarantine on New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. A president who has pledged to oversee the doling out of the $500 billion in corporate bailout money in the latest stimulus package, some of which will go to the travel industry in which his family is invested. A president who spent a good chunk of a recent press conference complaining about how hard it is for a rich man to serve in the White House even as Americans had already begun to lose their jobs, their health care, and their lives. A president who has reinforced racial stigma by calling the contagion a “Chinese virus” and failed to collaborate adequately with other countries to contain their outbreaks and study the disease. A president who evades responsibility and refuses to acknowledge, let alone own, the bitter truth of National Institutes of Health scientist Dr. Anthony Fauci’s testimony: that the country’s testing rollout was “a failing.”

Timing is everything in pandemic response: It can make the difference between a contained local outbreak that endures a few weeks and an uncontrollable contagion that afflicts millions. The Trump administration has made critical errors over the past two months, choosing early on to develop its own diagnostic test, which failed, instead of adopting the World Health Organization’s test — a move that kneecapped the US coronavirus response and, by most public health experts’ estimation, will cost thousands if not hundreds of thousands of American lives. Rather than making the expected federal effort to mobilize rapidly to distribute needed gowns, masks, and ventilators to ill-equipped hospitals and to the doctors and nurses around the country who are left unprotected treating a burgeoning number of patients, the administration has instead been caught outbidding individual states (including Massachusetts) trying to purchase medical supplies. It has dragged its heels on invoking the Defense Production Act to get scarce, sorely needed ventilators and masks into production so that they can be distributed to hospitals nationwide as they hit their peaks in the cycle of the epidemic. It has left governors and mayors in the lurch, begging for help. The months the administration wasted with prevarication about the threat and its subsequent missteps will amount to exponentially more COVID-19 cases than were necessary. In other words, the president has blood on his hands.

It’s not too much for Americans to ask of their leaders that they be competent and informed when responding to a crisis of historic proportions. Instead, they have a White House marred by corruption and incompetence, whose mixed messages roil the markets and rock their sense of security. Instead of compassion and clarity, the president, in his near-daily addresses to the nation, embodies callousness, self-concern, and a lack of compass. Dangling unverified cures and possible quarantines in front of the public like reality TV cliffhangers, he unsettles rather than reassures. The pandemic reveals that the worst features of this presidency are not merely late-night comedy fodder; they come at the cost of lives, livelihoods, and our collective psyche.

Many pivotal decision points in this crisis are past us, but more are still to come. For our own sake, every American should be hoping for a miraculous turnaround — and that the too-little, too-late strategy of the White House task force will henceforth at least prevent contagion and economic ruin of the grandest scale. But come November, there must be a reckoning for the lives lost, and for the vast, avoidable suffering about to ensue under the president’s watch.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/03/30/opinion/president-unfit-pandemic/

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #5098 on: March 31, 2020, 04:49:30 PM »
That's because Obama was on top of things...
   :D What utter bias partisanship.
Joe Biden made sure the CDC was fully funded and established new programs that Benedict Donald cut.
Who told you this? Read instead of rant....
 https://thehill.com/homenews/media/485025-ap-fact-checkers-find-biden-bloomberg-paint-distorted-picture-on-trump-cdc
Or is The Hill "not independent" enough?
... you should learn the facts before you spout off nonsense and embarasss yourself. You have no clue what you're talking about. Benedict Donald himself admitted he made cuts with his bogus defenses for doing it. I suggest you read independent news instead of the right wing propaganda you listen to. That's why you have no clue what you're talking about.
What embarrasses me is finding myself reading the venomous crap that I find in this thread. 
And Plant---I don't need your sniveling "suggestions".
Hoping you will get what you deserve.

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #5099 on: March 31, 2020, 05:43:49 PM »
   :D What utter bias partisanship. Who told you this? Read instead of rant....
 https://thehill.com/homenews/media/485025-ap-fact-checkers-find-biden-bloomberg-paint-distorted-picture-on-trump-cdc
Or is The Hill "not independent" enough?What embarrasses me is finding myself reading the venomous crap that I find in this thread. 
And Plant---I don't need your sniveling "suggestions".
Hoping you will get what you deserve.

The article was written by Joe Concha, a Trump supporter, and Faux News contributor.What would you expect?

Mobile View