Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Gus Rose  (Read 17955 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Gus Rose
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2019, 09:53:11 PM »
Advertisement
What evidence is there that the Oswald's owned any actual camping equipment? Yes, I am aware that Michael Paine said that at first he thought it might be some sort of camping equipment. Is there any evidence whatsoever that they ever went camping? Lee Oswald lived for long stretches of time on unemployment checks. He had no car, no savings, no phone, no house. Yet he had camping equipment for what purpose?

Second, why would it be necessary to arrange the blanket to make it look like it was camping equipment? If there was a camping/tent pole in the blanket, why remove that pole and then make the blanket appear to look like the pole was still in it?

Exactly.

On the other hand, maybe Marina's gasp was at the thought of never getting to go camping again
 ;)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2019, 09:53:11 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2019, 11:13:59 PM »
Sure, you're welcome.

It raises an obvious (to me) question: Why would there be a empty blanket shaped like that with the ends tied together? It's just an empty blanket. Why not fold it and just put it somewhere? Like this (photo of the actual blanket):

It's clear to me that somebody went through the motions of making it look like something was still inside the blanket. They "shaped" it to appear that way and they re-tied the empty ends of it.

Why? For what purpose? And who had "access" to this to do so? If there wasn't a rifle in it then what's an alternate explanation for the blanket being "shaped" and tied to make it appear something was still in it. Again, why?

Were both ends still tied Steve? My recollection was that one end had loose string.

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2019, 11:20:09 PM »
Yes, I see the difference. For what it is worth, I found the following at this web page: https://spartacus-educational.com/JFKpaine.htm

According to fellow worker, Dave Noel, Michael Paine discussed the "character of assassins" a few hours before President John F. Kennedy was killed. He also returned to his home in Irving at 3.00 p.m. to find Dallas police officers searching the premises. He told the police: "As soon as I found out about it, I hurried over to see if I could help."

It isn't clear to me whether he is referring to the time Michael Paine left work, or the time he arrived at his home. My guess is that he left work at 3:00. How would a coworker know what time he arrived at home?

What did Michael say to the WC? When did Ruth and Marina say? Buddy Wathers testified too. When did the first cops arrive at 1026 North Beckley? Are these times all consistent with 3.30 entry for Rose and the others? I believe that time to be too late because there never was a 40 minute delay waiting for Walthers, Weatherford and Oxford.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2019, 11:20:09 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2019, 11:51:08 PM »
What did Michael say to the WC? When did Ruth and Marina say? Buddy Wathers testified too. When did the first cops arrive at 1026 North Beckley? Are these times all consistent with 3.30 entry for Rose and the others? I believe that time to be too late because there never was a 40 minute delay waiting for Walthers, Weatherford and Oxford.

You are the one with the doubts. And I would guess that you already have the answers to these items. So why don’t you just tell us?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2019, 11:54:06 PM »
Here’s a quote from Gus Rose that is the introduction of his interview in “No More Silence” by Larry Sneed. This speaks volumes to me. I can’t help but believe that if Oswald had lived to stand trial, and a jury had witnessed this description, it would have been very persuasive in helping to confirm that she believed the rifle was still there (until that moment).

“I could see what I believed was the imprint of a rifle. Though it may have been partly suggestive, something was there that made me think there was a rifle there. When I picked it up, it fell limp across my arm empty. At that point, Marina let out an audible gasp. I turned and looked at her and noticed that she was wide-eyed and pale. I thought for a moment that she might be about to faint. I now believe that at that point, with the rifle not being there, the full realization had soaked in . . .”

“I could see what I believed was the imprint of a rifle. Though it may have been partly suggestive, something was there that made me think there was a rifle there. When I picked it up, it fell limp across my arm empty.

I don't believe this happened....I believe Marina lead the police to the garage and pointed to the blanket on the floor ....Let's see what she told the WC.

Mr. ROSE. Well, I was the senior detective that was there, and so I was sort of the spokesman for the group, I suppose, and Stovall wen into the bedroom of Marina Oswald--Marina Oswald's bedroom, and I don't remember where Adamcik went first, but I talked with Ruth Paine a few minutes and she told me that Marina was there and that she was Lee Oswald's wife and that she was a citizen of Russia, and so I called Captain Fritz on the phone and told him what I had found out there and asked him if there was any special instructions, and he said, "Well, ask her about her husband, ask her if her husband has a rifle." I turned and asked Marina, but she didn't seem to understand. She said she couldn't understand, so Ruth Paine spoke in Russian to her and Ruth Paine also interpreted for me, and she said that Marina said--first she said Marina said "No," and then a minute Marina said, "Yes, he does have." So, then I talked to Captain Fritz for a moment and hung up the phone and I asked Marina if she would show me where his rifle was and Ruth Paine interpreted and Marina pointed to the garage and she took me to the garage and she pointed to a blanket that was rolled up and laying on the floor near the wall of the garage and Ruth Paine said, "Says that that's where his rifle is." Well, at the time I couldn't tell whether there was one in there or not.

Mrs. OSWALD. I said that I saw--for the first and last time I saw the rifle about a week after I had come to Mrs. Paine.
But, as I said, the rifle was wrapped in a blanket, and I was sure when the police had come that the rifle was still in the blanket, because it was all rolled together. And, therefore, when they took the blanket and the rifle was not in it, I was very much surprised.
Mr. RANKIN. Did you ever see the rifle in a paper cover?
Mrs. OSWALD. No.
Mr. RANKIN. Could you describe for the Commission the place in the garage where the rifle was located?
Mrs. OSWALD. When you enter the garage from the street it was in the front part, the left.
Mr. RANKIN. By the left you mean left of the door?
Mrs. OSWALD. It is an overhead door and the rifle was to the left, on the floor.
It was always in the same place.
Mr. RANKIN. Was there anything else close to the rifle that you recall?
Mrs. OSWALD. Next to it there were some next to the rifle there were some suitcases and Ruth had some paper barrels in the garage where the kids used to play.
Mr. RANKIN. The way the rifle was wrapped with a blanket, could you tell whether or not the rifle had been removed and the blanket just left there at any time?
Mrs. OSWALD. It always had the appearance of having something inside of it. But I only looked at it really once, and I was always sure the rifle was in it. Therefore, it is very hard to determine when the rifle was taken. I only
assumed that it was on Thursday, because Lee had arrived so unexpectedly for some reason.

We now know that the paper sack was not large enough to hold the rifle.....So How could Lee have transported a rifle?

Mr. RANKIN. Did you believe that the reason for his coming out to see you Thursday was to make up?
Mrs. OSWALD. I think there were two reasons. One was to make up with me, and the other to take the rifle. This is--this, of course, is not irreconcilable.
Mr. RANKIN. But you think he came to take the rifle because of what you learned since. Is that it?
Mrs. OSWALD. Yes, of course.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 12:28:04 AM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2019, 11:54:06 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2019, 12:05:41 AM »
“I could see what I believed was the imprint of a rifle. Though it may have been partly suggestive, something was there that made me think there was a rifle there. When I picked it up, it fell limp across my arm empty.

I don't believe this happened....I believe Marina lead the police to the garage and pointed to the blanket on the floor ....Let's see what she told the WC.

Did you only read the first post in this thread? We have already discussed what Marina did. But the WC testimony hasn’t shown up here yet. So knock yourself out.

Edit: I see that you edited your post to add the testimony instead of adding another one. Thanks but I don’t see any conflict.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 12:48:25 AM by Charles Collins »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2019, 01:26:29 AM »
Oswald's name had been on the media from 2.42pm. I'm sure DVP will correct me but I think I got it from him. You think Marina and Ruth were not aware of this nearly an hour after? Would Marina not check the blanket immediately? Wouldn't she have told Ruth about the rifle then? Wouldn’t Michael have called with the news? He arrived about 15 minutes after the cops.

What do you think?

I think you ask some very provocative questions....."You think Marina and Ruth were not aware (that Lee had been named, and his picture was on the TV,  as the suspect)'of this nearly an hour after?

Based on the fact that Marina readily admitted to the police that Lee had a rifle.... ( after Ruth had told the police "NO" he did not own a rifle)  I don't believe that Marina thought that Lee was an assassin. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2019, 01:26:29 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2019, 09:39:14 AM »
You are the one with the doubts. And I would guess that you already have the answers to these items. So why don’t you just tell us?

I already have told you what reading the various statements has lead me to conclude. The 40 minute wait was invented by Fritz's men for their report. I wonder why that was necessary? It would seem that Walthers was talking to Decker about Oswald's rooming house phone number before 3pm. I wonder what other information about the what was known about the crime scene was being relayed back and forth at that time from Irving to Dallas and vice versa. Handguns, chicken lunches and long sacks maybe. Perhaps ask about the guy who gave him a lift to work.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 11:54:42 AM by Colin Crow »