Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Gus Rose  (Read 17950 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: Gus Rose
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2019, 11:24:08 PM »
Advertisement
In the Priscilla McMillan book, Marina's reaction is described as being a combination of shock over the missing rifle but also a realization that Oswald's odd behavior the day before had a reason.

From the McMillan account: "The blanket looked exactly as it always had, as if there were something bulky inside. As always, it was carefully tied in string. Marina shook all over, trying not to show her fright, as an officer stooped down to pick it up. It hung, limp, on either side of his arm.

Ruth looked at Marina. She had gone ashen.

"So it was Lee," Marina thought. "That is why he came last night." For Marina it was again one of those moments when kaleidoscopic and inexplicable occurrences suddenly clicked into place. She knew now why Lee had told her to buy "everything" she and the children needed, why he had left without kissing her good-bye."

Thanks Steve

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2019, 11:24:08 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2019, 11:50:57 PM »
Page 128 of “Reclaiming History” says that the time of arrival at the Paine’s residence was 3:30 pm. I haven’t seen anything that leads me to believe that it took very long at all for them to get around to this.

Oswald's name had been on the media from 2.42pm. I'm sure DVP will correct me but I think I got it from him. You think Marina and Ruth were not aware of this nearly an hour after? Would Marina not check the blanket immediately? Wouldn't she have told Ruth about the rifle then? Wouldn’t Michael have called with the news? He arrived about 15 minutes after the cops.

What do you think?

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2019, 12:18:04 AM »
Oswald's name had been on the media from 2.42pm. I'm sure DVP will correct me but I think I got it from him. You think Marina and Ruth were not aware of this nearly an hour after? Would Marina not check the blanket immediately? Wouldn't she have told Ruth about the rifle then? Wouldn’t Michael have called with the news? He arrived about 15 minutes after the cops.

What do you think?

Here is what Gus said in that interview:

“As we walked toward the house, I could see that the door was open while the screen door was closed. I could also see a light flickering, apparently from a television in the room. When I approached the door, without knocking, this woman inside said, “Come on in. I’ve been expecting you.” I didn’t identify myself, stepped inside and asked, “Why were you expecting me?” “Oh,” she said, “I could tell you were a police officer, and I knew someone would be out here to talk to us about Lee as soon as I saw where the President was shot from.” Now, at that time, there was no mention made of his arrest because he had not yet been properly identified, and the name of the arrested person had not been released.”

Even if he was mistaken about the time of the name release. I think that if Marina did look for the rifle, she would have most likely have seen the blanket there appearing to still have the rifle inside. And thought that her concern was unfounded. And I believe that that was LHO’s purpose in leaving it looking that way.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2019, 12:18:04 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2019, 12:22:47 AM »
Here is what Gus said in that interview:

“As we walked toward the house, I could see that the door was open while the screen door was closed. I could also see a light flickering, apparently from a television in the room. When I approached the door, without knocking, this woman inside said, “Come on in. I’ve been expecting you.” I didn’t identify myself, stepped inside and asked, “Why were you expecting me?” “Oh,” she said, “I could tell you were a police officer, and I knew someone would be out here to talk to us about Lee as soon as I saw where the President was shot from.” Now, at that time, there was no mention made of his arrest because he had not yet been properly identified, and the name of the arrested person had not been released.”

Even if he was mistaken about the time of the name release. I think that if Marina did look for the rifle, she would have most likely have seen the blanket there appearing to still have the rifle inside. And thought that her concern was unfounded. And I believe that that was LHO’s purpose in leaving it looking that way.

I know what he said. I’ve read his (and Stovall's and Adamcek's) combined report. What about that of the Sherrif's officers who they were "waiting for"? What time did they believe they arrived? And while your thinking of that, how did Fritz find out about 1026 North Beckley? Was it from the phone number provided by Ruth during the Paine visit after 3.30?

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2019, 12:29:10 AM »
I know what he said. I’ve read his (and Stovall's and Adamcek's) combined report. What about that of the Sherrif's officers who they were "waiting for"? What time did they believe they arrived? And while your thinking of that, how did Fritz find out about 1026 North Beckley? Was it from the phone number provided by Ruth during the Paine visit after 3.30?

Why all the questions for me?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2019, 12:29:10 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2019, 12:34:05 AM »

Why not simply try to answer them, instead of trying to do a hit and run?

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2019, 12:38:15 AM »

Because you quoted Bugliosi. I believe that time is wrong. If it is correct the various commentaries on Marina'a reaction becomes doubtful. The timing fits better with 2.30 or so, no extended wait for Sherrif's to arrive. The question then becomes, why would all three detectives be associated with that incorrect time of event.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2019, 12:38:15 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2019, 01:26:04 AM »
Because you quoted Bugliosi. I believe that time is wrong. If it is correct the various commentaries on Marina'a reaction becomes doubtful. The timing fits better with 2.30 or so, no extended wait for Sherrif's to arrive. The question then becomes, why would all three detectives be associated with that incorrect time of event.

Okay, here is what Gus says in the interview:

“Immediately after that, Captain Fritz gave me an address where Oswald’s wife supposedly was. That’s all he gave me. So I left the witness sitting and my notes on my desk and got Officers Adamcik and Stovall to go with me to that address which was located in Irving. We also took two deputy sheriffs with us since the address was outside the city of Dallas and, as was customary with me, parked our cars a little beyond the house down the street.”

He didn’t mention a delay. I hope that helps.