Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Gus Rose  (Read 17954 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Gus Rose
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2019, 09:13:30 PM »
Advertisement
You just got Oswald of the hook
Can he go now?

Yes, unless you have something better than Marina gasping.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2019, 09:13:30 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2019, 09:29:18 PM »
Yes, unless you have something better than Marina gasping.

... the fact that she gasped at all speaks for itself. Try to figure it out.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2019, 09:33:23 PM »
... the fact that she gasped at all speaks for itself. Try to figure it out.

What I’ve figured out is that you’ll grasp at anything and call it evidence of murder.

Possibly.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2019, 09:33:23 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2019, 09:57:50 PM »
What I’ve figured out is that you’ll grasp at anything and call it evidence of murder.

Possibly.

Marina's gasp was the gateway

And no, I wouldn't try this case based on a solitary piece of evidence
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 10:02:33 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2019, 10:32:26 PM »
Can Charles (or anyone) provide an approximate time that the gasp occurred?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2019, 10:32:26 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2019, 10:49:48 PM »
Here’s a quote from Gus Rose that is the introduction of his interview in “No More Silence” by Larry Sneed. This speaks volumes to me. I can’t help but believe that if Oswald had lived to stand trial, and a jury had witnessed this description, it would have been very persuasive in helping to confirm that she believed the rifle was still there (until that moment).

“I could see what I believed was the imprint of a rifle. Though it may have been partly suggestive, something was there that made me think there was a rifle there. When I picked it up, it fell limp across my arm empty. At that point, Marina let out an audible gasp. I turned and looked at her and noticed that she was wide-eyed and pale. I thought for a moment that she might be about to faint. I now believe that at that point, with the rifle not being there, the full realization had soaked in . . .”
In the Priscilla McMillan book, "Marina and Lee", Marina's reaction is described as being a combination of shock over discovering the rifle was missing but also a realization that Oswald's odd behavior the day before now had an explanation.

From the McMillan account: "The blanket looked exactly as it always had, as if there were something bulky inside. As always, it was carefully tied in string. Marina shook all over, trying not to show her fright, as an officer stooped down to pick it up. It hung, limp, on either side of his arm.

Ruth looked at Marina. She had gone ashen.

"So it was Lee," Marina thought. "That is why he came last night." For Marina it was again one of those moments when kaleidoscopic and inexplicable occurrences suddenly clicked into place. She knew now why Lee had told her to buy "everything" she and the children needed, why he had left without kissing her good-bye."
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 04:36:35 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2019, 11:20:47 PM »
Can Charles (or anyone) provide an approximate time that the gasp occurred?

Page 128 of “Reclaiming History” says that the time of arrival at the Paine’s residence was 3:30 pm. I haven’t seen anything that leads me to believe that it took very long at all for them to get around to this.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2019, 11:20:47 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2019, 11:23:11 PM »
In the Priscilla McMillan book, Marina's reaction is described as being a combination of shock over the missing rifle but also a realization that Oswald's odd behavior the day before had a reason.

From the McMillan account: "The blanket looked exactly as it always had, as if there were something bulky inside. As always, it was carefully tied in string. Marina shook all over, trying not to show her fright, as an officer stooped down to pick it up. It hung, limp, on either side of his arm.

Ruth looked at Marina. She had gone ashen.

"So it was Lee," Marina thought. "That is why he came last night." For Marina it was again one of those moments when kaleidoscopic and inexplicable occurrences suddenly clicked into place. She knew now why Lee had told her to buy "everything" she and the children needed, why he had left without kissing her good-bye."

Ain't it amazing what LNs consider to be "evidence"