Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Is This Really The Way It Works Here?  (Read 3382 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Is This Really The Way It Works Here?
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2019, 11:58:34 PM »
Advertisement
Last night, as I was attempting to reply back to one, Mr John Mytton, a not so funny thing happened to my computer.

First, my browser completely locked up and became completely unresponsive for hours,  then the entire computer locked up and finally, as I was forced to shut it off by actually unplugging it from the wall socket in an attempt to restart it, upon plugging it back in and firing it up, I was faced with looking at a never ending blank, black screen upon restart. It simply would not boot up period, even after many hours of letting it attempt to do so.

I called my IT computer friend and even had him come on over to my home to check it all over. My computer expert Fortune 500 company IT friend came over with all of his tools in tow to my home and took a good, hard look at it forensically, as there was 3.5 Terabytes of my JFK research material contained therein.

After many hours, (6 hours) he simply informed me, and I quote,

"It is toast Christina, there is nothing left to possibly be saved, it was some new highly modified breed of virus, it was a hard drive killer Chrisitna and I have personally never seen anything like it in all of my 30 years of IT experience but in a way, you may have saved some people from future IT grief worldwide as I have already reported it to the worldwide database"

Does anyone here actually have any idea or even realize just how much 3.5 TB of JFK research material actually is? If that answer is no, then let me simply say this, it is a lot.

It has now vanished and been vanquished into the ether, it simply evaporated into thin air. Dust in the wind.

So, now that I have it on very good authority that what had actually happened to me was the result of a very nasty computer virus that was maliciously 'set to hatch' immediately upon my next attempt to reply to back to Mr Mytton, (how clever, dirty and immoral)

This is where the gloves come off.

I presume this individual named Mr John Mytton, couldn't actually 'win' this or any other debate without that little hidden kicker of a gem safety switch just waiting to hatch upon my attempted reply when I posted back to him. It reminds me of a jet pilot pulling the ejection seat lever as the very last resort when they know the plane is surely lost.

So the new rules here are, if you can't refute the facts logically, then hey, kill the opponents hard drive and pull the ejection seat lever as a last resort?

What a cowardly way to go out Mr Mytton.

Talk about male impotence.

Mr Mytton, since you have now had your run at sick fun, please be forewarned that if that is the way the game is to be played around here, by these new rules, then fine, it is now gloves totally off and may the better hacker, computer virus planter win.

It's all fair game now Mr Mytton and nothing is off limits?  Wow. Just wow.

So be it Mr Mytton.

Live it up for the time being Mr Mytton, drinks all around, high fives, guffaws and free food on the house, live out your folly and enjoy it while it lasts Mr Mytton, for we'll all soon see who has the very last laugh and who laughs the very hardest and the very longest in the end.

Please also remember this Mr Mytton, be happy, always be happy, even in the face of extreme personal peril and sudden loss.

Because in the end, happiness is all we really have, even in the face of a sudden and great personal loss.

Yes Mr Mytton, even after we lose everything we must always remember to be be happy and view it as a blessing in disguise, wouldn't you agree Mr Mytton?

Have a great day Mr Mytton

Christina Flowers

Get a Mac

:)

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,2126.0.html#new

« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 12:03:18 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2019, 11:58:34 PM »

Offline Robert Reeves

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2019, 12:12:45 AM »
Hard to believe you didn't have files backed up on another drive. Especially someone that claims to have 3.5 Terabytes of research data. Sounds like horsespombleprofglidnoctobuns, to me.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2019, 12:16:31 AM »
Hard to believe you didn't have files backed up on another drive. Especially someone that claims to have 3.5 Terabytes of research data. Sounds like horsespombleprofglidnoctobuns, to me.

Agreed

But even backing on another drive can be vulnerable
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 12:24:19 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2019, 12:16:31 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2019, 02:09:27 AM »
Mytton may be a jerk, but you're giving him too much credit here. He wouldn't know how to plant a virus on this site unless you clicked on a malicious link in 1 of his posts. (Did you?)

You may have got a virus that knocked out your boot sector or corrupted your operating system, but that won't wipe out all your data. Even a hard disk crash rarely damages your data. Forensic software can retrieve data from a crashed/damaged HD unless a malicious virus actually seeks and destroys all your data 1 sector at a time. And it can't just flag it as deleted, it must overwrite the data. I haven't heard of any viruses that do this because their last order of business would be to wipe out your operating system then the boot sector, but it needs the operating system to keep running amok, which doesn't happen suddenly, as in your case.

My guess is that your IT guy didn't have the tools to retrieve your data from a crashed HD and you should take your HD somewhere else. I know how stressful it can be when you think you've lost everything, but I doubt you have.  As a disclaimer, however, I could be wrong.

Good luck!

Mytton may be a jerk,

Wrong.

but you're giving him too much credit here.

See next answer.

He wouldn't know how to plant a virus on this site...

Jeff Goldblum use his mac to plant a virus in an alien ship in "Independence Day" and it doesn't look that hard?

unless you clicked on a malicious link in 1 of his posts. (Did you?)

All my posts are in my archive, go check them out. Muhahaha!

As a disclaimer, however, I could be wrong.

It wouldn't be the first time, in fact I can't recall a time you were actually right about anything?

JohnM
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 03:49:11 AM by John Mytton »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2019, 02:54:27 AM »
Sorry-- we don't have any horses here--only bulls :)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2019, 02:54:27 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2019, 05:44:51 AM »
Re the movie Independence Day there was somewhat of a controversy about a PowerBook being able to crash an alien computer system.A programmer explained that computer code is binary, basically ones & zeros. Alien code would be based on that he said. Apparently the Goldbloom character simply swapped out/reversed those ones & zeros. But he also went on to say there would be no way to get into their network in the first place.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2019, 12:47:05 PM »
If it had been Mytton behind this, usually a “blue screen of death” appears with the following message:

“Well, you don’t tug on Superman’s cape, you don’t spit into the wind, you don’t pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger, and you don’t mess around with  Mytton.”

Since you didn’t indicate this, I have my doubts that Mytton was behind the computer crash...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 12:48:15 PM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2019, 12:47:05 PM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2019, 02:44:00 PM »
Actually, the more I think about it she could be right. Whilst reading his post's my lightbulb blew..I think MYTTON THE WICKED may be responsible!