Is This Really The Way It Works Here?

Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: Is This Really The Way It Works Here?  (Read 2119 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

• 'Pristine'..yeah, sure
Re: Is This Really The Way It Works Here?
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2019, 12:16:31 AM »
Hard to believe you didn't have files backed up on another drive. Especially someone that claims to have 3.5 Terabytes of research data. Sounds like horsespombleprofglidnoctobuns, to me.

Agreed

But even backing on another drive can be vulnerable
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 12:24:19 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2019, 12:16:31 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2019, 02:09:27 AM »
Mytton may be a jerk, but you're giving him too much credit here. He wouldn't know how to plant a virus on this site unless you clicked on a malicious link in 1 of his posts. (Did you?)

You may have got a virus that knocked out your boot sector or corrupted your operating system, but that won't wipe out all your data. Even a hard disk crash rarely damages your data. Forensic software can retrieve data from a crashed/damaged HD unless a malicious virus actually seeks and destroys all your data 1 sector at a time. And it can't just flag it as deleted, it must overwrite the data. I haven't heard of any viruses that do this because their last order of business would be to wipe out your operating system then the boot sector, but it needs the operating system to keep running amok, which doesn't happen suddenly, as in your case.

My guess is that your IT guy didn't have the tools to retrieve your data from a crashed HD and you should take your HD somewhere else. I know how stressful it can be when you think you've lost everything, but I doubt you have.  As a disclaimer, however, I could be wrong.

Good luck!

Mytton may be a jerk,

Wrong.

but you're giving him too much credit here.

See next answer.

He wouldn't know how to plant a virus on this site...

Jeff Goldblum use his mac to plant a virus in an alien ship in "Independence Day" and it doesn't look that hard?

unless you clicked on a malicious link in 1 of his posts. (Did you?)

All my posts are in my archive, go check them out. Muhahaha!

As a disclaimer, however, I could be wrong.

It wouldn't be the first time, in fact I can't recall a time you were actually right about anything?

JohnM
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 03:49:11 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2019, 02:09:27 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

• Skeptic
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2019, 02:54:27 AM »
Hard to believe you didn't have files backed up on another drive. Especially someone that claims to have 3.5 Terabytes of research data. Sounds like horsespombleprofglidnoctobuns, to me.
Sorry-- we don't have any horses here--only bulls :)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2019, 02:54:27 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

• 'Pristine'..yeah, sure
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2019, 05:44:51 AM »
Re the movie Independence Day there was somewhat of a controversy about a PowerBook being able to crash an alien computer system.A programmer explained that computer code is binary, basically ones & zeros. Alien code would be based on that he said. Apparently the Goldbloom character simply swapped out/reversed those ones & zeros. But he also went on to say there would be no way to get into their network in the first place.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2019, 05:44:51 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2019, 12:47:05 PM »
If it had been Mytton behind this, usually a “blue screen of death” appears with the following message:

“Well, you don’t tug on Superman’s cape, you don’t spit into the wind, you don’t pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger, and you don’t mess around with  Mytton.”

Since you didn’t indicate this, I have my doubts that Mytton was behind the computer crash...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 12:48:15 PM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2019, 12:47:05 PM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2019, 02:44:00 PM »
Actually, the more I think about it she could be right. Whilst reading his post's my lightbulb blew..I think MYTTON THE WICKED may be responsible!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2019, 02:44:00 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2019, 06:34:28 PM »
Actually, the more I think about it she could be right. Whilst reading his post's my lightbulb blew..I think MYTTON THE WICKED may be responsible!

Denis,

If the tragic incident really did occur as Christina says, then since I now tend to think like my heroes Tennent H. Bagley, James Angleton, and Anatoliy Golitsyn, I believe the perp is probably none other than my nemesis here and at the EF back-in-the-day, Michael Clark ... and for at least three reasons:

1)  I recently transferred an old EF thread to this fine forum in which Robert Charles-Dunne and I had, about a year ago, debated an issue in which RCD got paranoiac and blamed me for his just having had something bad happen to him IT-wise there.

2)  Michael "Far-Left Firebrand" Clark hates my guts, and has gone out of his way to "cover" my posts with his own short, inane ones, or by repeatedly and very quickly posting old, debunked-by-me CIA docs, etc.

3)  Clark apparently owns a small IT-based company in Albany, New York.

4)  I wouldn't put it past Michael Clark to try to "link" Christina's and RDC's tragic experiences in the minds of fervent CTers here and at the EF, in order to "cleverly" cast suspicions on moi.

5)  Hmm ...

6)  Or, if it didn't really happen to Christina (hmm ... Is she doubling as "Paz Marverde," Michael Clark's old tag-team-partner at the EF?), then maybe they're in cahoots to effect a Ruskie-type "op" both here and at the EF.

7)  "Waiter, bring me two more double-martinis, please. Kim's gotta get back to work soon to continue covering for Burgess and Maclean."

--  MWT   Walk:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 06:46:14 AM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2019, 06:34:28 PM »

Mobile View