Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Tippit Shooting, 1:15  (Read 85680 times)

Offline John Tonkovich

Re: Tippit Shooting, 1:15
« Reply #656 on: March 04, 2020, 03:46:35 AM »
Advertisement
No one has ever told me how Tippit managed to get himself shot at the very same the doctors were pronouncing him dead----
 [after trying to 'bring the officer back to life'] :-\

I never tire of seeing this document. Except, there's something about that 1:15 ...
Hmmm.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #656 on: March 04, 2020, 03:46:35 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #657 on: March 04, 2020, 03:58:11 PM »
I had put this in the "Cop Killer" thread but that topic was hijacked and fell apart---
 Quote from: Bill Brown on January 19, 2020, 11:39:44 PM
   Jim Leavelle testified that he took the affidavits WHILE they were waiting for the line up to start.....
 So Mr Callaway knew which guy he was going to pick before he ever saw him?
Also asked before ...If Callaway saw the shooter pass by him--then why did he ask the cab driver which way the suspect went?     
Here was Callaway's big chance to go from a tinhorn used car hack and into history...he would get to identify the assassin of the president! Yeah---we've got him.

Mr. CALLAWAY.   We first went into the room. There was Jim Leavelle, the detective, Sam Guinyard, and then this bus driver and myself......and Jim told us, "When I show you these guys, be sure, take your time, see if you can make a positive identification.........We want to be sure, we want to try to wrap him up real tight on killing this officer. We think he is the same one that shot the President. But if we can wrap him up tight on killing this officer, we have got him."[/i]

we want to try to wrap him up real tight on killing this officer.

Basically Leavelle was telling the witnesses that Lee Harrrrrvey Ossssswald ( boooooo hissss ) was the killer and he wanted them to confirm it.... Watta farce!!

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #658 on: March 04, 2020, 04:12:58 PM »
You know.... There must have been 850 police switchboard operators on duty that day to have immediately taken all these calls that were coming in....Don't you think? There were phone callers from all over town trying to get through also.
Even in these present days-- 911 can't process too many multiple calls coming in and you will get a 'sorry we are busy' re-direct.
So come on and let's get real.

Murray Jackson, the police radio dispatcher, received an alert at 1:16 from the "citizen using the police radio".

Clearly the citizen ( TF Bowley) called the dispatcher AFTER the shooting.    (And commonsense dictates that Bowley called the dispatcher several minutes after the shooting)  " Murray Jackson, the police radio dispatcher, received an alert at 1:16" ...thus the shooting had occurred several minutes prior to Jackson receiving the message from TF Bowley.      JD Tippit was shot at 1:06, just as Mrs Markham said.

Upon being told by the citizen that a police man had been shot and that it was near Marsalis, Beckley and Tenth Street, Jackson immediately calls out for "78".  After getting no response, he again calls out for "78".  Jackson is calling out for "78" because that is Tippit's call number and he knows Tippit was driving car number 10.  On 11/22/63, Tippit was "78".  That he calls out for Tippit after receiving the alert from the "citizen using the police radio" tells us that at 1:16, Jackson was made aware, for the very first time, that Tippit had been shot.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #658 on: March 04, 2020, 04:12:58 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #659 on: March 05, 2020, 03:21:29 PM »
I never tire of seeing this document. Except, there's something about that 1:15 ...
Hmmm.

This is a fairly clear copy of Davenport's affidavit.....and on my screen it appears that he at first typed the time of 1:00 pm.... but then typed over the zeros and changed the time to 1:15......   

1:15 could have been Davenport's guess at the time of arrival of the ambulance at Methodist hospital .... and he knew that Tippit had been pronounced DOA at Methodist.    Thus he ( or someone ) changed the 1:00 pm to 1:15 pm.......     

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #660 on: March 06, 2020, 10:33:46 PM »
J D Tippit's birth certificate has not been linked to anywhere.
Neither has Jack Ruby's.
Not that I can find. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #660 on: March 06, 2020, 10:33:46 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #661 on: March 07, 2020, 03:30:02 PM »
J D Tippit's birth certificate has not been linked to anywhere.
Neither has Jack Ruby's.
Not that I can find.

Do you believe these are vital documents that will provide crucial information?

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #662 on: March 08, 2020, 05:28:29 AM »
Do you believe these are vital documents that will provide crucial information?
Curiosity mostly. So much crap was jammed into the 26 volumes of Report...why not these?
Marina furnished a load of stuff to the HSCA. Birth certificate...marriage license etc.
https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/2018/docid-32245128.pdf
Her children were entitled to Social Security benefits as a result of the Survivorship clause.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #662 on: March 08, 2020, 05:28:29 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #663 on: March 08, 2020, 05:43:06 PM »
Curiosity mostly. So much crap was jammed into the 26 volumes of Report...why not these?
Marina furnished a load of stuff to the HSCA. Birth certificate...marriage license etc.
https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/2018/docid-32245128.pdf
Her children were entitled to Social Security benefits as a result of the Survivorship clause.

You may recall that Lee notified the FBI that ( through the letter to the Soviet Embassy ) that he had another dependent (his new born daughter) to add to his survivor benefits list.