Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Tippit Shooting, 1:15  (Read 84177 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Tippit Shooting, 1:15
« Reply #640 on: November 29, 2019, 05:55:31 PM »
Advertisement
Walt, settle down. Is your post just another diversion? I am unaware it is disputed that Helen Markham resided at 328-1/2 East Ninth.
I thought my point is obvious. You posted that William Arthur Smith moved "with his mother," to 328-1/2 East Davis. Two FBI reports, including the Dec. 13, 1963 interview of William Arthur Smith, state that Smith, and his father Arthur resided at 328-1/2 East Eighth. 1964 Dallas City directorsy displays "Arthur T (Eloise) 328-1/2 East Eighth....

Walt, no document you are able to present supports that William A. Smith ever resided at any address on East Davis, nevermind at 328-1/2, which I do not
identify as a "thing" in any Dallas street directory. The sole "East Davis" link to witness Smith is what I believe to be a WC testimony transcription error, inadvertent, or contrived.

Spelling it out again for you, Walt...the odds are astronomical against there actually being three DISTINCT "328-1/2" addresses of two Tippit shooting witnesses who also happened to know reach other. Two 328-1/2 addresses is a stretch, but not quite as crazy as what your post inferred or necessitated. I had hoped by holding up the "328-1/2 East Davis" claim you posted, alongside the two documented 328-1/2 addresses, it would influence you to reconsider the challenges to making that a reasonable thing to think or to post.

WHO CARES what addresses are listed in the documents...   The salient point is:.... Billy Smith told the FBI that he witnessed the murder of J.D. Tippit , and the man that he saw shoot Tippit had DARK hair and he was NOT Lee Oswald.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #640 on: November 29, 2019, 05:55:31 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #641 on: November 29, 2019, 06:39:25 PM »
WHO CARES what addresses are listed in the documents...   The salient point is:.... Billy Smith told the FBI that he witnessed the murder of J.D. Tippit , and the man that he saw shoot Tippit had DARK hair and he was NOT Lee Oswald.

Walt, three consecutive posts by you reiterating you are incapacitated (blinded in your zeal to clear Oswald, symptom of onset of dementia, or some combination), but you do have company. This recent thread on the Tippit shooting is incoherent.:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/26196-armstrong-westbrook-and-the-details/
Armstrong, Westbrook and the details. 1 2
By Jake Hammond, Tuesday at 11:08 AM

Experienced researchers on the Ed Forum more than eleven years ago prove my point now. There had been nothing they could find in the WCR answering the question why the FBI, in December, 1963 sought out Arthur T. Smith and his son William Arthur Smith, or why the FBI linked the inquiry of the Smiths to New Mexico.

This supports the observation that the WC, DPD, and FBI chose to distract from Harry Olsen's curiously incomplete testimony related to "Eighth Street", or fate randomly handed W.A. Smith's "East Davis" testimony, distracting from Olsen's, a convenient distraction to those who could have pressed Harry Olsen to be much more forthcoming, investigators who demonstrated no inclination to do so.

Walt, my post is the last one in this two page thread, 8 years and 5 months ago. 3 years before, Duke Lane posted this.:
Duke Lane  posted - Posted April 24, 2008
http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/8916-oswald-and-the-amazing-technicolor-jacket/?tab=comments#comment-143606
(For some reason, the FBI agents also noted that Smith "advised that he did not have any relatives in New Mexico...." The New Mexico connection was not explained.)....

My research solved this at least eleven years old question, just this week. This is the only document, so far, that answers the question why FBI suddenly questioned Arthur T Smith of 328-1/2 East Eighth Street, and then his son William Arthur Smith, who was on probation for a car theft offense and wanted no contact with law enforcement about what he and the mother of his friend, Jimmy Markham had witnessed.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=62271&relPageId=172&search=%22east_eighth%22

The WC was interested, (crossing all of the "T's", dotting all of the "I's") certainly justified interest, until it wasn't.....

A reason the document in the image above was not found until this week was because the WC testimony of William Arthur Smith transcribed what he testified his address was as "East Davis" instead of East Eighth, and one effect of this was taking attention away from the absurd WC testimony of DPD's Harry Olsen.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/olsen_h.htm
Mr SPECTER. Tell me, as specifically as you can recollect, exactly what your activities were on that day.
Mr OLSEN. I was employed by the Dallas Police Department and I was working at an extra job guarding an estate.
Mr SPECTER. Whose estate was that?
Mr OLSEN. I don't remember the name.
Mr SPECTER. How did you happen to get that extra job?
Mr OLSEN. A motorcycle officer was related to this elderly woman and he was doing work, but he was in the motor----
Mr SPECTER. Cade?
Mr OLSEN. Motorcade of the President, and I was off that day and able to work it.
Mr SPECTER. Do you recall the name of the motorcycle officer?
Mr OLSEN. No.

Mr SPECTER. Where was that estate located?
Mr OLSEN. On 8th Street in Dallas.

Mr SPECTER. Do you recall the specific address or the cross street on which it was located?
Mr OLSEN. It's in the Oak Cliff area, it's approximately two blocks off of Stemmons.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 07:02:27 PM by Tom Scully »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #642 on: November 30, 2019, 01:41:29 AM »
Again, Walt, if one is not open (receptive) to pursuit and then consideration of verifiable facts and to following them where they actually lead, your "cowardly" opinion of me might be understandable. Ironically, your irritation in reaction to me, my approach to research and the results I present is entirely misdirected. Save it for Jim Garrison and his wife's relative, Nicholas B. Lemann, and to a lesser extent, Garrison's biography editor and co-screenplay writer of "JFK, the movie," Zachary Sklar, who was "mugged" by both Garrison and Lemann.

Example: This is "in the face" of "the Community" because I stumbled upon it while trying to verify if what I had found through my research in early 2016 was an original "find," or not. I was researching Clay Shaw's first known "CIA hire," David G. Baldwin III. His 1945 wedding announcement informed me his mother was Adele Ziegler Baldwin, aka, Mrs. Harry Raworth. And it has turned out, with the benefit of 40 months of hindsight, now, that "the Community" didn't really want to know the verifiable facts, Thank You Very Much!

In the course of attempting to determine if my new fact checked research details were actually original, I found identical details, by author of a biography of Clay Shaw,
Donald H Carpenter.

And again, from Carpenter's book:

Just as DPD and FBI, "had their man," and after that, needed to look no further, you, Walt, and busload after busload of others, "have their movie," and the "saint" who made your movie, Oliver Stone.
[/b]
I did not view, "JFK, the movie" until 2013.:
Walt, second time informing you, you are mistaken here, as well.:
Walt, my post is the last one in this two page thread, 8 years and 5 months ago. 3 years before, Duke Lane posted this.:
My research solved this at least eleven years old question, just this week. This is the only document, so far, that answers the question why FBI suddenly questioned Arthur T Smith of 328-1/2 East Eighth Street, and then his son William Arthur Smith, who was on probation for a car theft offense and wanted no contact with law enforcement about what he and the mother of his friend, Jimmy Markham had witnessed.

A reason the document in the image above was not found until this week was because the WC testimony of William Arthur Smith transcribed what he testified his address was as "East Davis" instead of East Eighth, and one effect of this was taking attention away from the absurd WC testimony of DPD's Harry Olsen.

you, Walt, and busload after busload of others, "have their movie," and the "saint" who made your movie, Oliver Stone.

Gee, I hate to disappoint you,Tommy....   Although I enjoyed the movie....   I found it as unbelievable as LBJ's "Special Select Blue Ribbon Committee's BS tale.

However...Both the movie and the WR contain enough of the truth to keep the suckers interested.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #642 on: November 30, 2019, 01:41:29 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #643 on: December 03, 2019, 07:24:43 AM »
Tom, are you too damned dumb to realize that William Arthur Smith moved around frequently....  In April of 1964 he was residing with his mother at 328 1/2 East Davis....but in November of 1963 he was living with his buddy Jimmy Burt ...on 8th street.    Smith was obviously a petty criminal who moved around frequently to keep ahead of the police.

Cite for Bill Smith living with Jimmy Burt.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #644 on: December 03, 2019, 07:41:36 AM »
Scully, says that he can't reach a conclusion.... He's been researching this case for a long time but he can't conclude ....He's says he's "open minded".  Is that the same as being too cowardly to face the truth?   

The important point in his post is the fact that William Smith told the FBI that he witnessed the murder of officer Tippit and the murderer was NOT  lee Oswald.   But Scully can't focus on this fact....instead he feels he needs run around in circles trying to figger out which address is correct.

There is no documentation quoting Bill Smith saying that the killer was NOT Oswald.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #644 on: December 03, 2019, 07:41:36 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #645 on: December 03, 2019, 08:35:48 PM »
There is no documentation quoting Bill Smith saying that the killer was NOT Oswald.
SMITH advised that he did not believe it was OSWALD when he first saw OSWALD on TV because it looked like OSWALD had light colored hair.
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/smith_w.htm
Repetitively stated in this...yawn...redundant thread.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #646 on: December 23, 2019, 02:20:06 PM »
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/smith_w.htm
Repetitively stated in this...yawn...redundant thread.

That is not a quote of Bill Smith saying that the killer was not Oswald.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #646 on: December 23, 2019, 02:20:06 PM »

Offline Peter Kleinschmidt

« Reply #647 on: December 25, 2019, 11:29:28 AM »
That is not a quote of Bill Smith saying that the killer was not Oswald.
You are not Bill Smith you are Bill Brown. You are the one confused