Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Tippit Shooting, 1:15  (Read 85777 times)

Online John Iacoletti

Re: Tippit Shooting, 1:15
« Reply #520 on: November 19, 2019, 06:18:48 PM »
Advertisement
Look this is simple.  If a witness indicates that they saw OSWALD do something, that is not somehow evidence that it was not Oswald.

You know what else is simple?

Just because a witness was coerced at an unfair lineup to identify Oswald, that does not mean that s/he actually saw Oswald.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 06:19:26 PM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #520 on: November 19, 2019, 06:18:48 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #521 on: November 19, 2019, 07:05:12 PM »
Look this is simple.  If a witness indicates that they saw OSWALD do something, that is not somehow evidence that it was not Oswald.  You appear to be using Alice-in-Wonderland logic again.  Whether it is "difficult" or not to extract the shells is meaningless in that context.  But to play along did a witness indicate that Oswald "easily" or "with no trouble" removed the shells as you have claimed?  If so, how did they make that assessment?  From what you have posted here you seem to be conflating the fact that Oswald removed the shells one at a time with that somehow being easy.

Look this is simple.

Yes it is...That's the reason even you should be able to understand that the killer walked away while removing ONE-SPENT- SHELL -AT- A - TIME  .  (We can know that this is true because the shells were found widely scattered )  But Cortland Cunningham said that that is NOT the way the spent shells are removed from the 38 caliber Smith & Wesson.  It's simple...  The shells are removed all in one stroke of the extractor of the S&W and all spent shells either fall to the ground in a small area or into the hand of the user.           

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #522 on: November 19, 2019, 07:21:05 PM »
If you had returned the favor by posting the witnesses testimony....Then you wouldn't have a leg to stand on.....Because the witnesses, Starting with Dom Benavides DESCRIBE the ease with which the killer removes the spent shells ONE AT A TIME     ONE - AT- A- TIME  as he walks away from the scene.

Cortland Cunningham testified that the spent shells from the S&W revolver at removed ALL AT THE SAME TIME   and they are VERY DIFFICULT TO REMOVE.

Please cite where Benavides describes the "ease" with which the killer removes the spent shells.  I skimmed his testimony and don't see him describing anything about whether it appeared easy or difficult to remove the shells.  He just says he saw Oswald remove the shells (without reference to whether that appeared easy) and throw them.   How does removing them ONE AT A TIME (even in all caps) equate to it meaning that it was easy?

Mr. BELIN - What else did you see?
Mr. BENAVIDES - Then I seen the man turn and walk back to the sidewalk and go on the sidewalk and he walked maybe 5 foot and then kind of stalled. He didn't exactly stop. And he threw one shell and must have took five or six more steps and threw the other shell up, and then he kind of stepped up to a pretty good trot going around the corner.

Mr. BELIN - Well, did you see the man empty his gun?
Mr. BENAVIDES - That is what he was doing. He took one out and threw it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #522 on: November 19, 2019, 07:21:05 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #523 on: November 19, 2019, 07:35:22 PM »
Please cite where Benavides describes the "ease" with which the killer removes the spent shells.  I skimmed his testimony and don't see him describing anything about whether it appeared easy or difficult to remove the shells.  He just says he saw Oswald remove the shells (without reference to whether that appeared easy) and throw them.   How does removing them ONE AT A TIME (even in all caps) equate to it meaning that it was easy?

Mr. BELIN - What else did you see?
Mr. BENAVIDES - Then I seen the man turn and walk back to the sidewalk and go on the sidewalk and he walked maybe 5 foot and then kind of stalled. He didn't exactly stop. And he threw one shell and must have took five or six more steps and threw the other shell up, and then he kind of stepped up to a pretty good trot going around the corner.

Mr. BELIN - Well, did you see the man empty his gun?
Mr. BENAVIDES - That is what he was doing. He took one out and threw it.

How does removing them ONE AT A TIME (even in all caps) equate to it meaning that it was easy?

Well it sure as hell wasn't difficult ....Benavides said nothing about the killer struggling to remove a spent shell.....And if you'd extract your head perhaps you could see that Cunningham said that ALL THE SHELLS ARE REMOVED AT ONCE from the S&W revolver.   ...And Cunningham said that they are very difficult to remove.

Mr. EISENBERG. I would like the record to show that when Mr. Cunningham tipped the revolver, the unfired bullet tipped out, but the five expended shells remained in.
The CHAIRMAN. Very well.
Mr. EISENBERG. Now, Mr. Cunningham, would you show how you would eject the five expended shells?
Mr. CUNNINGHAM. yes. These are very difficult, by the way, to extract, due to the fact that the chamber has been rechambered. And as you can see, you get on your cartridge cases a little ballooning with these smaller diameter cases in the .38 Special.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 07:44:49 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #524 on: November 19, 2019, 08:09:06 PM »
Look this is simple.

Yes it is...That's the reason even you should be able to understand that the killer walked away while removing ONE-SPENT- SHELL -AT- A - TIME  .  (We can know that this is true because the shells were found widely scattered )  But Cortland Cunningham said that that is NOT the way the spent shells are removed from the 38 caliber Smith & Wesson.  It's simple...  The shells are removed all in one stroke of the extractor of the S&W and all spent shells either fall to the ground in a small area or into the hand of the user.           

But Cortland Cunningham said that that is NOT the way the spent shells are removed from the 38 caliber Smith & Wesson.

Actually those are your words, not Cunningham's. Here is what he said:

Mr. EISENBERG. Now, Mr. Cunningham, would you show how you would eject the five expended shells?
Mr. CUNNINGHAM. yes. These are very difficult, by the way, to extract, due to the fact that the chamber has been re-chambered. And as you can see, you get on your cartridge cases a little ballooning with these smaller diameter cases in the .38 Special.

1. Eisenberg asked Cunningham how he would eject the five expended shells. [There are other ways that also work.]

2. Cunningham did say that these are very difficult, by the way, to extract. [Using Cunningham's method, the reason that he says it is very difficult [requires extraordinary force] is: "due to the fact that the chamber has been re-chambered. And you get "a little ballooning"...]

3. Another (perfectly reasonable, given the circumstances) method that LHO might have chosen to use is to extract them one at a time. This would be particularly indicative of someone who had had limited experience/instruction with a revolver. Remember that LHO's pistol training in the USMC was with their standard issue Colt .45 automatic pistol.

I used to own a S&W .38 special revolver. So I fully understand how it works. And it was not unusual for me to extract the spent shells one at a time (especially when I first started using it).

And your stated conclusion that it had to be a different type of gun because of the one-at-a-time-extraction allegation just doesn't make any sense.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #524 on: November 19, 2019, 08:09:06 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #525 on: November 19, 2019, 08:21:25 PM »
Please cite where Benavides describes the "ease" with which the killer removes the spent shells. 
Oh Oh....a booger.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #526 on: November 19, 2019, 08:31:17 PM »
I used to own a S&W .38 special revolver. So I fully understand how it works. And it was not unusual for me to extract the spent shells one at a time (especially when I first started using it). And your stated conclusion that it had to be a different type of gun because of the one-at-a-time-extraction allegation just doesn't make any sense.
Good grief! Loading and unloading a Smith&Wesson .38 for Dummies-----

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #526 on: November 19, 2019, 08:31:17 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #527 on: November 19, 2019, 08:38:05 PM »
You know what else is simple?
Simply put?
Police...."Oswald was the guy you saw shoot the cop...did you see the guy shoot the cop?"