Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Tippit Shooting, 1:15  (Read 85706 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: Tippit Shooting, 1:15
« Reply #504 on: November 19, 2019, 04:50:42 AM »
Advertisement
I was driving XXXX north on Denver and stopped at 10th St. when I first saw the squad car and men walking on the sidewalk near the squad car. .................. Both the squad car and this young white male were coming in my direction(East on 10th Street). At the time I was just approaching the squad car, I noticed this young white male with both hands in the pockets of his zippered jacket leaning over the passenger side of the squad car. This young white male was looking into the squad car from the passenger side
 I heard three shots in rapid (illegible)I went right through the intersection, stopped my car and turned to look back. I then saw the officer lying on the street and saw this young white man standing near the front of the squad car. Next. this man with a gun in his hand ran toward the back of the squad car, but instead of running away he stepped into the street and shot the police officer who was lying in the street.
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/tatum.htm
If accurate ...this statement demonstrates that the killer went entirely out of his way to execute the cop who was already down and apparently sufficiently damaged. 
Who were these men that were walking on the sidewalk?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #504 on: November 19, 2019, 04:50:42 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #505 on: November 19, 2019, 06:58:21 AM »
Scully complaining about posters who fill this forum up with unreadable nonsense is like Willie Wonka lecturing on childhood tooth decay.

Good one

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #506 on: November 19, 2019, 01:24:46 PM »
Incredibly weak conjecture. Maybe this and perhaps that. Troll on ::)

LOL.  What a tool.  This is conjecture but Walt's subjective opinion as to what Oswald would or wouldn't have done is not? 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #506 on: November 19, 2019, 01:24:46 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #507 on: November 19, 2019, 01:47:42 PM »
After Roger was humiliated, I reckon that type of personality would have have spitefully created a dozen more aliases. Just saying!

Says “John Mytton” to “Richard Smith”.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #508 on: November 19, 2019, 01:50:35 PM »
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/tatum.htm
If accurate ...this statement demonstrates that the killer went entirely out of his way to execute the cop who was already down and apparently sufficiently damaged. 
Who were these men that were walking on the sidewalk?

There’s no good reason to believe that Jack Tatum was actually there.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #508 on: November 19, 2019, 01:50:35 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #509 on: November 19, 2019, 02:52:57 PM »
There’s no good reason to believe that Jack Tatum was actually there.
Rob Caprio had something about that but his posts are gone. I tried to revive something here...
https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,2294.new.html#new

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #510 on: November 19, 2019, 04:09:11 PM »
My guess is that he was just trying to make sure that Tippit was not going to recover and identify him later on. Picking up Tippit’s gun would have potentially incriminated him (in case he got caught with it, or left a finger print on it).

Well at least you recognize that the shooting of Tippit was an EXECUTION.......  I believe it was premeditated.   It does not appear to be the act of a fleeing fugitive.

There can be no doubt that the bullet in the brain was intended to ensure that Tippit was dead.....  A fleeing fugitive probably wouldn't have wasted time in clearing out of the area as soon as Tippit was down.   The FACT is the killer did NOT hastily dash away from the scene, indicates that he intended to execute Tippit.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #510 on: November 19, 2019, 04:09:11 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #511 on: November 19, 2019, 04:12:26 PM »
Mr "Smith",   Please explain how "Oswald"   unloaded a Smith & Wesson revolver ONE SHELL AT A TIME  as he walked away .....  Oh and perhaps you can find someone who has tried to hit a 10 inch pie tin at 20 feet with one of those old S&W 38 caliber revolvers with the barrel sawed off....   I'll bet you can't find a single person who can hit the pie tin more than once with a full load of six cartridges of 38 special cartridges.

Mr. EISENBERG. Now, if a person using the gun and having it fully loaded with six bullets fired less than six bullets, can he use this ejector-extraction mechanism without losing his unfired bullets as well as the empty cartridge cases?
Mr. CUNNINGHAM. Yes, sir--by merely tipping the weapon. The unfired cartridge is heavier, and will fall out of the cylinder into his hand. Then he can extract the cartridge cases and lead in more.
Mr. EISENBERG. Could you demonstrate that?
Mr. CUNNINGHAM. If I may have a cartridge, please.
Mr. EISENBERG. Do you have any fired cartridges in the cylinder?
Mr. CUNNINGHAM. Yes, sir; I do. Prior to my appearance here today, this morning, I fired five cartridges in this weapon, and they are still in the cylinder.
Mr. EISENBERG. You are now placing an unfired--
Mr. CUNNINGHAM. An unfired cartridge in the sixth chamber of the cylinder. Now, in a normal way, you would hit the cylinder release, push in your hand like this, and tip it up. The unfired cartridge will fall right out into your hand, due to the fact that the chambers of the cylinder are naturally larger than the
cartridge you are loading in there for ease of putting them in. When you fire a cartridge in a revolver, the case expands as wide as the cylinder. In other words, when the firing pin hits the primer, there is an explosion in the primer, the powder is ignited in the cartridge, and the terrific pressure will expand the cartridge case to tightly fit the chamber.
Mr. EISENBERG. I would like the record to show that when Mr. Cunningham tipped the revolver, the unfired bullet tipped out, but the five expended shells remained in.
The CHAIRMAN. Very well.
Mr. EISENBERG. Now, Mr. Cunningham, would you show how you would eject the five expended shells?
Mr. CUNNINGHAM. yes. These are very difficult, by the way, to extract, due to the fact that the chamber has been rechambered. And as you can see, you get on your cartridge cases a little ballooning with these smaller diameter cases in the .38 Special.

Mr. EISENBERG. I would like the record to show that Mr. Cunningham extracted the five expended cartridge eases merely by one push of the ejector rod.
Mr. CUNNINGHAM. Yon won't be able to see it again, but when you eject a cartridge ease later on for the powder pattern test, I will show that you can have residues of unburned powder. That is what would happen if you ejected
731-219 O--64--vol.III---30

these cartridge cases in your hand. You would pick up unburned powder, residues, and partially burned powder.
Mr. EISENBERG. Mr. Cunningham had ejected five cartridge cases from the revolver into his hand, and his right hand is now filled with small black particles, whose composition I am unable to determine.
Representative FORD. That would happen any time that you did it?
Mr. CUNNINGHAM. Yes, sir; every time you eject them, these particles will come out from the cylinder into your hand--unburned powder, partially burned powder, and gunpowder residues.
Representative FORD. Had you fired this morning these particular bullets?
Mr. CUNNINGHAM. Yes, sir; at 8:15.
Mr. EISENBERG. Mr. Cunningham, these cartridge cases which you ejected were .38 Special cartridge cases?
Mr. CUNNINGHAM. They were.
Mr. EISENBERG. What time did you fire those bullets, those .38 Special bullets in this revolver?
Mr. CUNNINGHAM. At approximately 8:15 this morning.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 04:18:44 PM by Walt Cakebread »