Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Tippit Shooting, 1:15  (Read 84254 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Tippit Shooting, 1:15
« Reply #424 on: November 16, 2019, 06:04:35 PM »
Advertisement
Just as I thought... you sorry lot can't claim Oswald didn't jog, trot, sprint at times.
There goes your absolute dependence on witness time estimations and your own manipulation of same.

you sorry lot can't claim Oswald didn't jog, trot, sprint at times.

There is no reason for claiming that. If you claim Oswald was there, you need to show he could have gotten there on time to kill Tippit, prior to 1.10. Well can you?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #424 on: November 16, 2019, 06:04:35 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #425 on: November 16, 2019, 06:47:08 PM »
you sorry lot can't claim Oswald didn't jog, trot, sprint at times.

There is no reason for claiming that. If you claim Oswald was there, you need to show he could have gotten there on time to kill Tippit, prior to 1.10. Well can you?

Of course he can't.  He thinks that "not impossible" is good enough to show that something happened that way.

Probably.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #426 on: November 16, 2019, 08:18:40 PM »
Just as I thought... you sorry lot can't claim Oswald didn't jog, trot, sprint at times.
In a hurry to where? To shoot a cop? :-\ ---- Oops...Another conjecture overreach by Bill.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #426 on: November 16, 2019, 08:18:40 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #427 on: November 16, 2019, 09:16:23 PM »
In a hurry to where? To shoot a cop? :-\

Yes!  After all, he only had 6 minutes to get there.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #428 on: November 16, 2019, 09:18:31 PM »
Indeed. Gary Mack did a time trial once and found that it would take a minimum of 11 minutes to walk the fastest route. 
It was manipulated. The Mack test looked like some guy who was walking to the store to get some beer...not a guy on the run. Macks test guy was not walking any 4+ miles an hour!
At a pace of 3 miles an hour which is a pretty 'brisk' pace...do the math--- It would take 20 minutes to walk a mile. The very shortest route from the sidewalk by the rooming house to the Tippit scene is at least .85 miles .85X 20=17 minutes. I took that route and it took me 18 minutes...jay-walking the cross streets... After resting on the way back...it took 16 minutes. Why the difference? I didn't know for a long time but the journey south is ever so slightly uphill away from the Trinity River direction.
Now of course this was back some time ago but I did a lot of walking in my day. I am a retired land surveyor.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #428 on: November 16, 2019, 09:18:31 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #429 on: November 16, 2019, 10:18:07 PM »
It was manipulated. The Mack test looked like some guy who was walking to the store to get some beer...not a guy on the run. Macks test guy was not walking any 4+ miles an hour!
At a pace of 3 miles an hour which is a pretty 'brisk' pace...do the math--- It would take 20 minutes to walk a mile. The very shortest route from the sidewalk by the rooming house to the Tippit scene is at least .85 miles .85X 20=17 minutes. I took that route and it took me 18 minutes...jay-walking the cross streets... After resting on the way back...it took 16 minutes. Why the difference? I didn't know for a long time but the journey south is ever so slightly uphill away from the Trinity River direction.
Now of course this was back some time ago but I did a lot of walking in my day. I am a retired land surveyor.

I am not sure what the point is you are trying to make, Jerry.

Manipulated or not, even the 11 minutes in Gary Mack's time trial wouldn't have been enough to get him to 10th/Patton on time to shoot Tippit. Even if you accept the official narrative's time of the shooting of 1.14, that still would require the killer to be at the scene no later than 1.11, as prior to the shooting he was seen walking up and down the street, being stopped by Tippit and talking to him through the passenger door window.

In other words, even if Oswald could have walked the distance in 11 minutes, he would have needed to leave the rooming house at 1.00 pm, but that's when Earlene Roberts said he came in.

Anybody who does the math, will find it simply does not add up.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #430 on: November 16, 2019, 10:31:04 PM »
I am not sure what the point is you are trying to make, Jerry.
The point is..I actually went out and walked it.
Everyone else is making the trip from their computer chair.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #430 on: November 16, 2019, 10:31:04 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #431 on: November 16, 2019, 10:41:28 PM »
The point is..I actually went out and walked it.
Everyone else is making the trip from their computer chair.

Nope... wrong assumption. A few years ago, I walked the two fastest routes as well.