Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Tippit Shooting, 1:15  (Read 84308 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Tippit Shooting, 1:15
« Reply #392 on: November 13, 2019, 05:15:38 PM »
Advertisement
For the record, would you pls repost my timeline with your numbers?

1:16 PM: LHO shoots Officer J.D. Tippit and continues fleeing.
1:22 PM: Police broadcast a description of the suspect in the Tippit murder.
1:40 PM: LHO enters the Texas Theater.

Using this timeline.....If Lee Oswald had been the man who murdered JD Tippit.....  It took him 12 minutes to travel more than a mile from the rooming house past the Tippit murder site and double back and then shoot Tippit after talking through the car window for a couple of minutes.   ( A period of time when he would have had no reason to be dashing down the streets)

But AFTER the shooting ( a period when he would want to put as much distance between himself and the murder site as possible ) It took him 24 minutes to travel less than half the distance that had taken him 12 minutes to travel......

I think you need to rethink  the scenario.....
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 03:27:06 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #392 on: November 13, 2019, 05:15:38 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #393 on: November 14, 2019, 04:22:51 PM »

Using this timeline.....If Lee Oswald had been the man who murdered JD Tippit.....  It took him 12 minutes to travel more than a mile from the rooming house past the Tippit murder site and double back and then shoot Tippit after talking through the car window for a couple of minutes.   ( A period of time when he would have had no reason to be dashing down the streets)

But AFTER the shooting ( a period when he would want to put as much distance between himself and the murder site as possible ) It took him 24 minutes to travel less than half the distance that had taken him 12 minutes to travel......

False premise and very silly.  You have no idea what Oswald was doing between the time he shot Tippit and entered the TT or what route he took to get there.  Maybe he ducked into a someplace and hid for a few minutes.  Who knows?  Certainly not you.
Again, what is the point of this endless nitpicking?   Witnesses put Oswald at his boarding house, the Tippit scene, and the Texas Theatre.    There is no doubt that he was at each of these places which is conclusive that he had sufficient time to reach them. 

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #394 on: November 14, 2019, 04:32:45 PM »
Coercing witnesses with unfair and biased lineups is not the same thing as "no doubt".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #394 on: November 14, 2019, 04:32:45 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #395 on: November 14, 2019, 05:15:47 PM »
False premise and very silly.  You have no idea what Oswald was doing between the time he shot Tippit and entered the TT or what route he took to get there.  Maybe he ducked into a someplace and hid for a few minutes.  Who knows?  Certainly not you.
Again, what is the point of this endless nitpicking?   Witnesses put Oswald at his boarding house, the Tippit scene, and the Texas Theatre.    There is no doubt that he was at each of these places which is conclusive that he had sufficient time to reach them.

There is no doubt that he was at each of these places which is conclusive that he had sufficient time to reach them.

ROTFLMAO!....  If there is no doubt ..... Then how do you explain the debate.  You are not very bright are you Mr "Smith"?

Offline Joe Mannix

« Reply #396 on: November 14, 2019, 05:26:14 PM »
From Dale Myers:

A third eyewitness, Mrs. Donald R. Higgins, also claimed – albeit belatedly – that the Tippit shooting occurred earlier than thought by officials.

In 1963, Donald and Margie Higgins managed several rented apartments in a home at 417 E. Tenth – 150 feet east of and across the street from the shooting scene.

In 1968, five years after the shooting, Mrs. Higgins told an independent researcher that she was watching television when she heard shots. She jumped up, ran to the front door, and saw a police officer lying in the street and a man with a pistol running away from her toward Patton Street.

Asked how she could be so certain of the time, Mrs. Higgins said, “Well, I was watching the news on television and for some reason the announcer turned and looked at the clock and said the time was ‘six minutes after one.’ He said it just like that, ‘six minutes after one.’ And you know how you always do, you hear the time and you automatically check your own watch. So, I just looked up at the clock on my television to verify the time and it said 1:06. At that point I heard the shots.”

When Margie Higgins first told this story, there was no easy way to check her claim against archival video tapes of the three networks that were broadcasting that day. Remember, this was long before the days of cable television and streaming video services, with hundreds of channels available. In 1963, you had three choices, and fortunately all three were recording what they were broadcasting for posterity.

Myers: I checked those archival tapes in 2013 and the results don’t favor Mrs. Higgins. As it turns out, none of the three networks broadcasting that afternoon in Dallas gave a time check at 1:06 p.m. as she claimed:

•   Jay Watson, program director at the local ABC affiliate, WFAA-TV, did look off camera (presumably at a clock) and make a similar statement at 1:03 p.m.
•   Two networks – ABC and CBS – gave a time check at about 1:15 p.m. (the official time of the Tippit shooting), although the phrasing they used was different from Mrs. Higgins’ recollection.

Here you go Dale, you're welcome:

WBAP - Listen – 3:10:18

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #396 on: November 14, 2019, 05:26:14 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #397 on: November 14, 2019, 05:44:30 PM »
From Dale Myers:

A third eyewitness, Mrs. Donald R. Higgins, also claimed – albeit belatedly – that the Tippit shooting occurred earlier than thought by officials.

In 1963, Donald and Margie Higgins managed several rented apartments in a home at 417 E. Tenth – 150 feet east of and across the street from the shooting scene.

In 1968, five years after the shooting, Mrs. Higgins told an independent researcher that she was watching television when she heard shots. She jumped up, ran to the front door, and saw a police officer lying in the street and a man with a pistol running away from her toward Patton Street.

Asked how she could be so certain of the time, Mrs. Higgins said, “Well, I was watching the news on television and for some reason the announcer turned and looked at the clock and said the time was ‘six minutes after one.’ He said it just like that, ‘six minutes after one.’ And you know how you always do, you hear the time and you automatically check your own watch. So, I just looked up at the clock on my television to verify the time and it said 1:06. At that point I heard the shots.”

When Margie Higgins first told this story, there was no easy way to check her claim against archival video tapes of the three networks that were broadcasting that day. Remember, this was long before the days of cable television and streaming video services, with hundreds of channels available. In 1963, you had three choices, and fortunately all three were recording what they were broadcasting for posterity.

Myers: I checked those archival tapes in 2013 and the results don’t favor Mrs. Higgins. As it turns out, none of the three networks broadcasting that afternoon in Dallas gave a time check at 1:06 p.m. as she claimed:

•   Jay Watson, program director at the local ABC affiliate, WFAA-TV, did look off camera (presumably at a clock) and make a similar statement at 1:03 p.m.
•   Two networks – ABC and CBS – gave a time check at about 1:15 p.m. (the official time of the Tippit shooting), although the phrasing they used was different from Mrs. Higgins’ recollection.

Here you go Dale, you're welcome:

WBAP - Listen – 3:10:18

Umm, Higgins said that she was watching the television, not listening to the radio....

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #398 on: November 14, 2019, 06:10:54 PM »

Why did you repost MY numbers when I asked you to put in YOUR numbers so I could rethink the scenari? Since you couldn't/wouldn't/didn't let me help you out and back the time up 10 mins:

Walt's Timeline
==========
1:06 PM: LHO shoots Officer J.D. Tippit and continues fleeing.
1:12 PM: Police broadcast a description of the suspect in the Tippit murder.
1:30 PM: LHO enters the Texas Theater.
1:40 PM: After a struggle with police, LHO is captured.

Which doesn't change my scenario one iota.

Quote from: Jack Trojan
Not only did the DPD solve the case in 1.25 hrs, but they apprehended LHO only 34 mins after he shot Tippit. But the most impressive feat was how LHO shoots Tippit, flees the scene and suddenly a cop shows up, checks on Tippit to confirm that he is dead, interviews a witness for the suspect's description, gets on the horn and broadcasts the description to the rest of the force...wait for it...all in 6 minutes!!!

Damn, those DPD must have been supercops!

I'm not a mind reader. Either post YOUR timeline or accept that my scenario is the same with your numbers. Make sure to cite your source(s).

ETA: The 1 difference being that the DPD solved the case in just over an hour. That's impressive, especially for Kestone Cops!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 06:30:05 PM by Jack Trojan »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #398 on: November 14, 2019, 06:10:54 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #399 on: November 14, 2019, 06:13:27 PM »
It's possible that she was actually listening to the radio and just recalled incorrectly that it was the television.  It's also possible that she remembered the time-check time incorrectly though.  But Higgins, Markham, Bowley, and Methodist Hospital all corroborate an earlier time.