Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Tippit Shooting, 1:15  (Read 84174 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Tippit Shooting, 1:15
« Reply #384 on: November 12, 2019, 07:46:30 PM »
Advertisement
"I would have seen him, even though I was bent down, I would have seen him"

If Oswald had "sneaked up the stairs real fast", he would have been in the balcony.  Right?

Burroughs didn't see the guy

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #384 on: November 12, 2019, 07:46:30 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #385 on: November 12, 2019, 07:56:37 PM »

That's correct.... And the reason Burroughs didn't see the guy was because the "scared man" did not enter the theater.....Brewer saw him enter the theater foyer and then he went back to the shoe store....

But Burroughs said that he had sold Lee a bag of popcorn at about the time the movie started which would have been about 15 or 20 minutes before Brewer saw the scared man enter the foyer.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #386 on: November 12, 2019, 11:12:15 PM »
Yes.... They have made a point to make it appear that Burroughs was busy behind the concession counter and didn't notice the man sneak by him...  BULL STUFF!

The "scared man" of Brewer's account never entered the theater....    And as I recall Burroughs said that he sold Lee Oswald a bag of popcorn about the time the movie was starting...

From memory, Burroughs didn't say anything about selling the guy any popcorn in his testimony

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #386 on: November 12, 2019, 11:12:15 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #387 on: November 12, 2019, 11:32:03 PM »
Ian Griggs - So they grab you, put a gun on you and what did you do?  You tell them what?
Johnny Brewer - Basically, that I'm on your side.  The person that you're here for is out there.  I knew Officer McDonald.  I'd known him for several months.

Mr. Brewer: I heard a noise outside, and I opened the door, and the alley, I guess it was filled with police cars and policemen were on the fire exits and stacked around the alley, and they grabbed me, a couple of them and held and searched me..

Where did they 'put a gun' on Brewer..

I'll go with what Brewer said under oath 3-4 months after the fact rather than decades later

« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 11:45:07 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #388 on: November 12, 2019, 11:56:36 PM »
Timeline
======
1:16 PM: LHO shoots Officer J.D. Tippit and continues fleeing.
1:22 PM: Police broadcast a description of the suspect in the Tippit murder.
1:40 PM: LHO enters the Texas Theater.
1:50 PM: After a struggle with police, LHO is captured.

Not only did the DPD solve the case in 1.25 hrs, but they apprehended LHO only 34 mins after he shot Tippit. But the most impressive feat was how LHO shoots Tippit, flees the scene and suddenly a cop shows up, checks on Tippit to confirm that he is dead, interviews a witness for the suspect's description, gets on the horn and broadcasts the description to the rest of the force...wait for it...all in 6 minutes!!!

Damn, those DPD must have been supercops!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 11:59:12 PM by Jack Trojan »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #388 on: November 12, 2019, 11:56:36 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #389 on: November 13, 2019, 12:08:53 AM »
Timeline
======
1:16 PM: LHO shoots Officer J.D. Tippit and continues fleeing.
1:22 PM: Police broadcast a description of the suspect in the Tippit murder.
1:40 PM: LHO enters the Texas Theater.
1:50 PM: After a struggle with police, LHO is captured.

Not only did the DPD solve the case in 1.25 hrs, but they apprehended LHO only 34 mins after he shot Tippit. But the most impressive feat was how LHO shoots Tippit, flees the scene and suddenly a cop shows up, checks on Tippit to confirm that he is dead, interviews a witness for the suspect's description, gets on the horn and broadcasts the description to the rest of the force...wait for it...all in 6 minutes!!!

Damn, those DPD must have been supercops!

1st off....   Tippit was shot at 1:06....NOT 1:16.....

2nd.... The description of Tippit's killer did NOT fit Lee Oswald well enough to select him from about 1000 other young men in Dallas....

3rd....Lee DID NOT enter the theater at about 1:40..... He was already in the theater when the movie started..... Burroughs sold him a bag of popcorn when the movie was just starting (about 1:15 )

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #390 on: November 13, 2019, 12:28:29 AM »
Perhaps you can think of a reason that Lee would have wanted to commit suicide by cop..... 

"My fondest dreams are shattered because of a petty official; because of bad planning. I planned too much! 7.00 P.M. I decide to end it. Soak wrist in cold water to numb the pain. Then slash my left wrist. Then plug wrist into bathtub of hot water. I think "when Rima comes at 8 to find me dead, it will be a great shock." Somewhere, a violin plays, as I watch my life whirl away. I think to myself, "how easy to die" and a sweet death, (to violins)."
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/historicdiary.htm

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #390 on: November 13, 2019, 12:28:29 AM »

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #391 on: November 13, 2019, 12:30:58 AM »
1st off....   Tippit was shot at 1:06....NOT 1:16.....

2nd.... The description of Tippit's killer did NOT fit Lee Oswald well enough to select him from about 1000 other young men in Dallas....

3rd....Lee DID NOT enter the theater at about 1:40..... He was already in the theater when the movie started..... Burroughs sold him a bag of popcorn when the movie was just starting (about 1:15 )

For the record, would you pls repost my timeline with your numbers?