Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Tippit Shooting, 1:15  (Read 85660 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Tippit Shooting, 1:15
« Reply #376 on: November 12, 2019, 05:32:20 PM »
Advertisement
So it’s not at all surprising that Brewer would back up his buddy McDonald’s story. Quite possibly they discussed what happened in the theater in the intervening months.

Yes indeed....Can you imagine the scrawny 131 pound Lee Oswald hitting the 250 pound police officer, Nick Mc Donald and knocking him back?

What utter nonsense....  But that's what Brewer said happened...  But ....Keep in mind that Johnny  Brewer also said that he had heard about the shooting of a police officer on the radio before 1:30pm....     So his words should be taken with at least a pinch of salt....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #376 on: November 12, 2019, 05:32:20 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #377 on: November 12, 2019, 05:55:41 PM »
Going from memory, here, but didn't Butch say he was kneeling down, attending to the inventory under the counter for a couple of minutes, and that he may have missed someone sneaking in so late?

No.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #378 on: November 12, 2019, 07:15:15 PM »
So it’s not at all surprising that Brewer would back up his buddy McDonald’s story. Quite possibly they discussed what happened in the theater in the intervening months.

::)

Mr. BREWER - Well, I saw this policeman approach Oswald, and Oswald stood up and I heard some hollering. I don't know exactly what he said, and this man hit Patrolman McDonald.
Mr. BELIN - You say this man hit Patrolman McDonald. Did you know it was Patrolman McDonald?
Mr. BREWER - I didn't know his name, but I had seen him quite a few times around Oak Cliff. But I didn't know his name.
Mr. BELIN - Then you later found out this was Patrolman McDonald?
Mr. BREWER - Yes.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #378 on: November 12, 2019, 07:15:15 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #379 on: November 12, 2019, 07:20:24 PM »
Walter,

Going from memory, here, but didn't Butch say he was kneeling down, attending to the inventory under the counter for a couple of minutes, and that he may have missed someone sneaking in so late?

--  MWT  ;)

Mr. Ball.
Do you have any idea what you were doing when he came in?
Mr. Burroughs.
Well, I was----I had a lot of stock candy to count and put in the candy case for the coming night, and if he had came around in front of the concession out there, I would have seen him, even though I was bent down, I would have seen him, but otherwise I think he sneaked up the stairs real fast.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #380 on: November 12, 2019, 07:21:23 PM »
Ian Griggs - So they grab you, put a gun on you and what did you do?  You tell them what?
Johnny Brewer - Basically, that I'm on your side.  The person that you're here for is out there.  I knew Officer McDonald.  I'd known him for several months.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #380 on: November 12, 2019, 07:21:23 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #381 on: November 12, 2019, 07:23:25 PM »
Mr. Ball.
Do you have any idea what you were doing when he came in?
Mr. Burroughs.
Well, I was----I had a lot of stock candy to count and put in the candy case for the coming night, and if he had came around in front of the concession out there, I would have seen him, even though I was bent down, I would have seen him, but otherwise I think he sneaked up the stairs real fast.

"I would have seen him, even though I was bent down, I would have seen him"

If Oswald had "sneaked up the stairs real fast", he would have been in the balcony.  Right?

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #382 on: November 12, 2019, 07:31:09 PM »
Yes.... And Helen Markham said that Lee was the man that she saw shoot Tippit, and she knew that because when she saw him in a line up with three other men who couldn't possibly  pass for 23 years old, she felt cold chills run all over her.... Soooo ...How did Brewer KNOW that Lee Oswald was the man?....He'd been through the theater twice looking for the man and he had to have seen Lee Oswald ...but when he reported back to Julia Postal he told her after looking for the man " he just wasn't there"...

Again: Why would he have to know the guy's name?
He was looking to ID the guy he saw at the store.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #382 on: November 12, 2019, 07:31:09 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #383 on: November 12, 2019, 07:46:22 PM »
::)

Mr. BREWER - Well, I saw this policeman approach Oswald, and Oswald stood up and I heard some hollering. I don't know exactly what he said, and this man hit Patrolman McDonald.
Mr. BELIN - You say this man hit Patrolman McDonald. Did you know it was Patrolman McDonald?
Mr. BREWER - I didn't know his name, but I had seen him quite a few times around Oak Cliff. But I didn't know his name.
Mr. BELIN - Then you later found out this was Patrolman McDonald?
Mr. BREWER - Yes.

Well, I saw this policeman approach Oswald, and Oswald stood up and I heard some hollering. I don't know exactly what he said, and this man hit Patrolman McDonald.

Chap, Are you so naive that you actually believe this?    Question....  IF you actually believe LHO had actually punched Mc Donald....   Perhaps you can think of a reason that Lee would have wanted to commit suicide by cop.....  But I'd remind you that at the same time that Lee was allegedly punching a 250 pound police officer he was declaring that he was NOT RESISTING ARREST.    Do you see any conflict here?