Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Tippit Shooting, 1:15  (Read 84226 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Tippit Shooting, 1:15
« Reply #368 on: November 11, 2019, 04:05:03 PM »
Advertisement
When I got there a few seconds later, he wasn't there, so I assumed he'd gone inside"?

Brewer didn't go immediately to the theater.....He went back inside his shoe store and told some associates that he was going to the theater and was going to lock the shoe store.....  For all Brewer knew the man could have left the foyer of the theater and never actually entered the theater.... Recall that Butch Burroughs said that nobody came into the theater ......Burroughs was right there and he saw nobody enter....

Exactly. Although I don’t think he locked the shoe store. He left it in the good hands of his “IBM men” who hung out there.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #368 on: November 11, 2019, 04:05:03 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #369 on: November 11, 2019, 04:39:33 PM »
Brewer didn’t even claim that he saw someone enter the theater.

Brewer didn’t even claim that he saw someone enter the theater.

True....  in 1996 Brewer told Ian Griggs that after the man who was window shopping at his shoe store left his foyer he ( Brewer) stepped out onto the sidewalk to see where the man was going. Brewer said that he saw the man enter the foyer of the theater and then he went back inside his store to lock up.   A couple of minutes later he asked "Julie" if she had sold the man a ticket....and she replied"what man?"   She had been distracted by the police cars and never even noticed a man in the foyer.   And Furthermore Butch Burroughs said that nobody had entered the theater during the few minutes prior to Brewer bursting into the lobby acting like Dick Tracy....

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #370 on: November 11, 2019, 04:45:25 PM »
Exactly. Although I don’t think he locked the shoe store. He left it in the good hands of his “IBM men” who hung out there.

Brewer told Ian Griggs that he returned to the shoe store and his IBM friends had locked up the store....   ( I don't believe it....He had been gone from the store for only a couple of minutes, and his pals locked up the store??   Did they have the keys to the store??   )  I've read somewhere that Brewer said that he returned to the store and put up a "closed" sign and locked the store......

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #370 on: November 11, 2019, 04:45:25 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #371 on: November 11, 2019, 05:09:45 PM »

One of the most incredible parts of Brewer's tale concerns the size of Lee Oswald....  Brewer described him as a "little guy" of about 5' 9" and 150 pounds ...And Brewer told ian Griggs that had known officer Nick Mc Donald for about six months, and Mc Donald "was no little Guy"  ....( we all seen photos of Mc Donald so we know that he was at least 4 inches taller than Lee Oswald, and outweighed him by at least a hundred pounds ...And yet Brewer tells us that the scrawny little guy provoked a fight with the not so jolly giant, by punching at him when Mc Donald confronted Lee in the theater.   Watta whopper!....  Brewer himself said that Lee was telling everybody in the theater that he was not resisting arrest....   If Lee had punched at McDonald that most certainly would have constituted "resisting arrest"... and Lee would probably been unconscious and unable to protest that he wasn't resisting arrest....  This bit a pugilism is nothing but a figment of Brewer's imagination..... 

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #372 on: November 11, 2019, 08:21:25 PM »
When I got there a few seconds later, he wasn't there, so I assumed he'd gone inside"?

Brewer didn't go immediately to the theater.....He went back inside his shoe store and told some associates that he was going to the theater and was going to lock the shoe store.....  For all Brewer knew the man could have left the foyer of the theater and never actually entered the theater.... Recall that Butch Burroughs said that nobody came into the theater ......Burroughs was right there and he saw nobody enter....

Walter,

Going from memory, here, but didn't Butch say he was kneeling down, attending to the inventory under the counter for a couple of minutes, and that he may have missed someone sneaking in so late?

--  MWT  ;)

« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 08:22:16 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #372 on: November 11, 2019, 08:21:25 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #373 on: November 12, 2019, 03:18:09 AM »
And Brewer told ian Griggs that had known officer Nick Mc Donald for about six months,

So it’s not at all surprising that Brewer would back up his buddy McDonald’s story. Quite possibly they discussed what happened in the theater in the intervening months.

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #374 on: November 12, 2019, 04:06:36 AM »
So it’s not at all surprising that Brewer would back up his buddy McDonald’s story. Quite possibly they discussed what happened in the theater in the intervening months.

John,

Yes !!!

They probably spoke with each other to make sure they were "on the same page" !!!

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 05:02:17 AM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #374 on: November 12, 2019, 04:06:36 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #375 on: November 12, 2019, 02:42:30 PM »
Walter,

Going from memory, here, but didn't Butch say he was kneeling down, attending to the inventory under the counter for a couple of minutes, and that he may have missed someone sneaking in so late?

--  MWT  ;)

Yes.... They have made a point to make it appear that Burroughs was busy behind the concession counter and didn't notice the man sneak by him...  BULL STUFF!

The "scared man" of Brewer's account never entered the theater....    And as I recall Burroughs said that he sold Lee Oswald a bag of popcorn about the time the movie was starting...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 03:24:10 PM by Walt Cakebread »