Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Tippit Shooting, 1:15  (Read 84189 times)

Online Steve M. Galbraith

Re: Tippit Shooting, 1:15
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2019, 06:36:59 PM »
Advertisement
You saw his notes?

No, however Aynesworth was in Dealey Plaza on 11/22/63 as a casual observer (not on any assignment). When he began interviewing eyewitnesses immediately following the assassination, he didn’t have his normal pad and pencil. He gave a nearby kid a quarter for his fat school pencil. And he used some utility bill envelopes that he had in his pocket to make notes on. Furthermore, when I did speak to Aynesworth on the phone, to ask about some quotes of Henry Wade he had written about, he confirmed to me that those quotes were from his notes. So it appears to me that he typically does take notes and refers to them. And it stands to reason that he did so when he interviewed Roberts on 11/22/63. If you need to know for sure please contact Hugh Aynesworth and ask him yourself.
Correct. He's been an investigative reporter for more than three decades and has worked for major news organizations. He's written hundreds, probably thousands, of articles and interviewed countless - must be at least in the hundreds if not thousands - of witnesses. He's produced a lot of material on the assassination, Ted Bundy, the Waco siege and other stories. He was a serious reporter.

Nowhere have I read of a source/witness saying they were misquoted. If he had been we know these conspiracy advocates would be repeating them. Ad nauseam.

Can his critics cite where his reporting was wrong? No. Can they cite instances of him misquoting a witness? No. Can they cite him having to retract stories? No.

But because he presents evidence of Oswald's guilt, he has to be dismissed. Obviously people can choose to accept or ignore whatever evidence or claims they want. But rejecting Aynesworth solely because he reports things conspiracists and Oswald defenders don't like isn't a legitimate reason to do so.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2019, 06:36:59 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2019, 06:42:36 PM »
So the tale goes.

He also considers Buell Frazier one of the must honest guys he's met (paraphrased).

Aynesworth is a total waste of time.

Atta boy!

Now you are showing your true colors.

Someone who is closed-minded.

When you decide you want to become more open-minded, let us know.

In the meantime, I will not waste anymore of my time with you.

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #122 on: October 11, 2019, 06:49:17 PM »

Atta boy!

Now you are showing your true colors.

Someone who is closed-minded.

When you decide you want to become more open-minded, let us know.

In the meantime, I will not waste anymore of my time with you.
This is the same response I get when I mention Robert Caro on LBJ. Caro's spent twenty plus years investigating LBJ's life. From birth to death. And he's come up with no evidence that LBJ was behind/involved in the assassination.

So what's the Oswald defender response? Simply dismiss his work out of hand. Don't even consider it. Can he be wrong? Of course. But to just dismiss it out hand is not a legitimate response. Not in my opinion.

This is how it goes. We're dealing with a type of religious mentality or thinking here. They know there was a conspiracy, they know Oswald was framed, and that's it. Any evidence indicating otherwise is to be ignored.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #122 on: October 11, 2019, 06:49:17 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2019, 07:15:21 PM »
This is the same response I get when I mention Robert Caro on LBJ. Caro's spent twenty plus years investigating LBJ's life. From birth to death. And he's come up with no evidence that LBJ was behind/involved in the assassination.

So what's the Oswald defender response? Simply dismiss his work out of hand. Don't even consider it. Can he be wrong? Of course. But to just dismiss it out hand is not a legitimate response. Not in my opinion.

This is how it goes. We're dealing with a type of religious mentality or thinking here. They know there was a conspiracy, they know Oswald was framed, and that's it. Any evidence indicating otherwise is to be ignored.

Yes, that type of response is fairly  common. However, I usually try to reason things out. If only for the benefit of anyone who has an open mind, that might be reading these posts. But there is a point where it becomes rather pointless...

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2019, 07:55:34 PM »
Post #101 on page 11

Despite your selfserving cherry picking "pretty sure" comment, you agreed that Roberts was absolutely an unreliable witness.

I didn't agree that she was an unreliable witness
I agreed with the possibility that she was

Absolutely
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 08:23:25 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2019, 07:55:34 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #125 on: October 11, 2019, 08:02:42 PM »
He does if it fits his narrative.

'He' didn't agree that Roberts was an unreliable witness
'He' agreed that it was possible that she was

Absolutely
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 08:08:41 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #126 on: October 11, 2019, 08:31:44 PM »
  Any evidence indicating otherwise is to be ignored.
"..to be ignored".---scrutinized

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #126 on: October 11, 2019, 08:31:44 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #127 on: October 11, 2019, 11:22:13 PM »
Can his critics cite where his reporting was wrong? No. Can they cite instances of him misquoting a witness? No. Can they cite him having to retract stories? No.

Did Aynesworth recall Roberts telling him that Oswald “changed his jacket”?

Do you believe that’s correct?