Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Tippit Shooting, 1:15  (Read 84255 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: Tippit Shooting, 1:15
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2019, 11:47:53 AM »
Advertisement
Hugh Aynsworth has always been a Warren report supporter, so take anything he says with a large dose of salt.

Some more of Hughe’s words from that interview:

“So Larry Grove, a reporter for the News, and I started working on escape route stories. Five days later we did a massive story about how he had gotten out of the Book Depository, where he was, what he did, the bus, etc. We didn’t get any tremendous detail, but we disclosed for the first time the bus driver, the cab driver, and all the people that he encountered along the way. That was in the paper before the Warren Commission was ever formed, and it stood up quite well.”

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2019, 11:47:53 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2019, 02:12:38 PM »
Let me think, should I believe your claim?:

“Yeah right... Earlene Roberts saw him at the bus stop just after the one o'clock news came on television.”

Or should I believe Hugh Aynesworth?

Hmm...

It was not my claim, it was what Earlene Roberts said. Nothing what Hugh Aynesworth said in the book is in conflict with what Earlene Roberts said.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2019, 02:21:22 PM »
Hugh Aynsworth has always been a Warren report supporter, so take anything he says with a large dose of salt.

What is the logic behind this mind numbing claim?  It's difficult to understand why we should take a reporter's version of events "with a large dose of salt" simply because he believes Oswald is guilty.  Maybe he came to that conclusion based on the evidence.  He was there on the scene.  Are you suggesting he intentionally lied for some reason?  Was he part of the frame up, for example? 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2019, 02:21:22 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2019, 02:40:12 PM »
Some more of Hughe’s words from that interview:

“So Larry Grove, a reporter for the News, and I started working on escape route stories. Five days later we did a massive story about how he had gotten out of the Book Depository, where he was, what he did, the bus, etc. We didn’t get any tremendous detail, but we disclosed for the first time the bus driver, the cab driver, and all the people that he encountered along the way. That was in the paper before the Warren Commission was ever formed, and it stood up quite well.”

we disclosed for the first time the bus driver, the cab driver, and all the people that he encountered along the way. That was in the paper before the Warren Commission was ever formed, and it stood up quite well.”[/b]

It stood up quite well???   What an absurd notion.....  Not a single element of that tale has stood up under scrutiny.     The Bus Driver Mc Watters, was not referring to Lee Oswald in his recollections....   Whaley the cabbie said that he picked up a young man who was dressed in a a BLUE working man's uniform at 12:30....Which was the time the shots were being fired in Dealey plaza....So his passenger could not have bee Lee Oswald.  And in fact Whaley's entire tale appears as nothing but BS.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 04:55:00 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2019, 02:46:26 PM »
It was not my claim, it was what Earlene Roberts said. Nothing what Hugh Aynesworth said in the book is in conflict with what Earlene Roberts said.

The conflict is that she told Aynesworth that “she saw him run off the porch to the left and that was the last time she saw him.” Versus your claim that: “she saw him at the bus stop just after the 1:00 news came on television.”

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2019, 02:46:26 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2019, 03:34:57 PM »
The conflict is that she told Aynesworth that “she saw him run off the porch to the left and that was the last time she saw him.” Versus your claim that: “she saw him at the bus stop just after the 1:00 news came on television.”

There is no conflict. Both claims can be correct. People aren't always accurate and 100% complete in their recollections, in every conversation.

Perhaps you would have had a valid point if the bus stop had been a mile or so away, but it wasn't. It was nearly in front of the roominghouse.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2019, 03:44:45 PM »
Yeah right... Earlene Roberts saw him at the bus stop just after the one o'clock news came on television.

According to Hugh Aynesworth, she initially had a completely different account:

From Hugh Aynesworth interview by Larry A. Sneed in his book: “No More Silence.”

“She told me that day that Oswald came running in while she was watching television and that she tried to talk to him about the President being killed. He didn’t want to talk, so he went in, changed his jacket and ran out. She then saw him run off the porch to the left and that was the last time that she saw him.”

changed his jacket

So, if we are to believe Aynesworth's account, Earlene Roberts told him basically that Oswald entered the house wearing a jacket?

You can not change a jacket if you aren't wearing one to begin with, right?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2019, 03:44:45 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2019, 05:03:27 PM »
changed his jacket

So, if we are to believe Aynesworth's account, Earlene Roberts told him basically that Oswald entered the house wearing a jacket?

You can not change a jacket if you aren't wearing one to begin with, right?

This brings up something that Mrs Robert's said.....  Mrs Roberts said that he was in his "shirt sleeves" when he arrived at the rooming house at 1:00pm.....

My grandmother used those same words when she was referring to a man wearing an undershirt....without another garment ( jacket or sleeved shirt)

It's possible that Lee had already removed his sport shirt and thus Mrs Roberts saw him wearing his undershirt when he arrived at the house.