Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Tippit Shooting, 1:15  (Read 84237 times)

Offline Alan Hardaker

Re: Tippit Shooting, 1:15
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2019, 01:01:05 AM »
Advertisement
I have tried this serveral times in the past, but so far no LNr has even tried to come up with a plausible scenario for Markham still being at 10th/Patton at 1:14 or 1:15 when she testified she left home "a little after 1" and the one block walk from her home on 9th street to the corner of 10th street and Patton would have taken her only 2, perhaps 3 minutes. Markham estimated in her testimony that she took the 1.15 bus to work every day. And before you go there, yes I know that according to the bus schedule (which btw nobody has ever been able to show me) there was a bus at 1.12 and one at 1.22. It actually doesn't matter which bus Markham was talking about, because a walk of two blocks to the bus stop would have taken her no more than 6 minutes. So, if she left home "a little after 1" she would have easily been at the bus stop at around 1.15 and thus not at 10th/Patton. In other words, Tippit must have been shot earlier than 1.15, most likely around 1.06, because otherwise Markham could not have witnessed it.

The same thing goes for Bowley. He arrived after Tippit was killed. In his affidavit he said he picked up his daughter at R.L. Thornton School in Singing Hills at "about 12:55". School bells, in my experience, have a tendency to ring at the correct time every day! Now, let's also not forget that, after picking up his daughter, Bowley was also going to pick up his wife from work, to go on a family holiday and thus had every reason to be on time and be aware of the time! The drive from the school to 10th/Patton is about 7 miles long and takes roughly 13 minutes, depending on the route, making it absolutely possible and plausible for him to arrive at 10th street at 1.10 pm, like he said he did in his affidavit.

But even if we are kind to the LNs and accept that Bowley didn't pick up his daughter on time (leaving her waiting for 5 minutes or longer) and did not leave the school until 1 PM, he still would have arrived at 10th/Patton at 1:13, which of course would have been prior to the shooting of Tippit at 1:15, as the WC narrative claims.

These two timelines alone justify, IMO, the conclusion that Tippit was in fact shot before 1:10 pm, which makes it nearly impossible for Oswald to have been there. But perhaps the LNs can provide a plausible scenario for these two timelines to be wrong...? I'll wait and see, but I won't hold my breath.

A lot of the timings are approximate so nothing is really clear on that front. Also nobody knows if Oswald ran,walked or what. If he thought that it would only be a matter of time till the police arrived at his rooming house it stands to reason he wants to get himself away as quickly as possible. So it's quite possible that he ran flat out part of the way.  In any case the eye witnesses and the ballistic evidence place him at the crime scene.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2019, 01:01:05 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2019, 01:14:35 AM »
A lot of the timings are approximate so nothing is really clear on that front. Also nobody knows if Oswald ran,walked or what. If he thought that it would only be a matter of time till the police arrived at his rooming house it stands to reason he wants to get himself away as quickly as possible. So it's quite possible that he ran flat out part of the way.  In any case the eye witnesses and the ballistic evidence place him at the crime scene.

A lot of the timings are approximate so nothing is really clear on that front.

Yes, but not the timings of Markham, who needed to catch a bus, and Bowley, who needed to collect his child from school.

Also nobody knows if Oswald ran,walked or what.

Yeah right... Earlene Roberts saw him at the bus stop just after the one o'clock news came on television. The combined testimony/affidavit of Markham and Bowley make a solid case for Tippit being shot at 1.06. There is no way that anybody could have walked or ran the distance to get there in 5 minutes or less. So, your next claim is going to be "perhaps somebody drove him"?..... Just ask yourself why would anybody drive a guy, allegedly in a hurry to escape, to a go nowhere location like 10th street?

In any case the eye witnesses and the ballistic evidence place him at the crime scene.

Actually, no it doesn't. There is no ballistic link whatsoever between the bullets recovered from Tippit's body and the shells or revolver they claim they took of Oswald. As for the eye witnesses, as I said before, that's the weakest kind of evidence you can get. Scoggings, for example, couldn't identify Oswald from a photo to the FBI only a day after the line up. And Markham... "was there a number 2 man" would have been destroyed on cross examination, as would have been several others.

But I take it that all this means that you can not knock down the logic of the combined Markham/Bowley evidence, right?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 01:37:25 AM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2019, 01:36:06 AM »

He 'trotted' away from the murder scene, according to a witness or two. Try trotting yourself... It's a very efficient method of covering ground in a timely manner w/o straining. A little faster than brisk walking, I found. Also appears less rushed than fast jogging and certainly all-out sprinting... in case of 'eyes on'
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 01:39:00 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2019, 01:36:06 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2019, 01:41:16 AM »
He 'trotted' away from the murder scene, according to a witness or two. Try trotting yourself... It's a very efficient method of covering ground in a timely manner w/o straining. A little faster than brisk walking, I found. Also appears less rushed than fast jogging and certainly all-out sprinting... in case of 'eyes on'

Are you high on medication or drugs? Just asking....

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2019, 01:47:30 AM »
Mark Lane tried to get Markham to say a man with 'bushy hair'. She didn't agree with that description.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2019, 01:47:30 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2019, 01:48:51 AM »
A lot of the timings are approximate so nothing is really clear on that front.

Yes, but not the timings of Markham, who needed to catch a bus, and Bowley, who needed to collect his child from school.

Also nobody knows if Oswald ran,walked or what.

Yeah right... Earlene Roberts saw him at the bus stop just after the one o'clock news came on television. The combined testimony/affidavit of Markham and Bowley make a solid case for Tippit being shot at 1.06. There is no way that anybody could have walked or ran the distance to get there in 5 minutes or less. So, your next claim is going to be "perhaps somebody drove him"?..... Just ask yourself why would anybody drive a guy, allegedly in a hurry to escape, to a go nowhere location like 10th street?

In any case the eye witnesses and the ballistic evidence place him at the crime scene.

Actually, no it doesn't. There is no ballistic link whatsoever between the bullets recovered from Tippit's body and the shells or revolver they claim they took of Oswald. As for the eye witnesses, as I said before, that's the weakest kind of evidence you can get. Scoggings, for example, couldn't identify Oswald from a photo to the FBI only a day after the line up. And Markham... "was there a number 2 man" would have been destroyed on cross examination, as would have been several others.

But I take it that all this means that you can not knock down the logic of the combined Markham/Bowley evidence, right?

Yeah right... Earlene Roberts saw him at the bus stop just after the one o'clock news came on television.

According to Hugh Aynesworth, she initially had a completely different account:

From Hugh Aynesworth interview by Larry A. Sneed in his book: “No More Silence.”

“She told me that day that Oswald came running in while she was watching television and that she tried to talk to him about the President being killed. He didn’t want to talk, so he went in, changed his jacket and ran out. She then saw him run off the porch to the left and that was the last time that she saw him.”

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2019, 02:25:08 AM »
Yeah right... Earlene Roberts saw him at the bus stop just after the one o'clock news came on television.

According to Hugh Aynesworth, she initially had a completely different account:

From Hugh Aynesworth interview by Larry A. Sneed in his book: “No More Silence.”

“She told me that day that Oswald came running in while she was watching television and that she tried to talk to him about the President being killed. He didn’t want to talk, so he went in, changed his jacket and ran out. She then saw him run off the porch to the left and that was the last time that she saw him.”

So, Earlene Roberts is unreliable? Is that what you are claiming?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2019, 02:25:08 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2019, 02:50:49 AM »
So, Earlene Roberts is unreliable? Is that what you are claiming?

These are Hugh Aynesworth’s words from that same interview:

“I talked to her that afternoon, but then she later changed her story tremendously when some of the conspiracy theorists got to town and started offering money.”

I am not claiming anything. Just reporting what Hugh said. He was there.