Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Tippit Shooting, 1:15  (Read 85687 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: Tippit Shooting, 1:15
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2019, 05:58:02 PM »
Advertisement
So he allegedly ran a mile and nobody saw him? Hmm......
Doesn't matter...he had to hurry up and get there so he could shoot that cop :-\

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2019, 05:58:02 PM »

Offline Alan Hardaker

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2019, 06:16:59 PM »
So he allegedly ran a mile and nobody saw him? Hmm......

So show me clear evidence that the Dallas police did exhustive house to house enquiries along the whole route.Show me proof that they did call backs to every property were they got no answer. Show me clear proof that any person has to be spotted by people when he or she walks or runs a nominated mile.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 06:20:21 PM by Alan Hardaker »

Offline Alan Hardaker

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2019, 06:18:50 PM »
Doesn't matter...he had to hurry up and get there so he could shoot that cop :-\

Don't know if your being sarcastic..but I don't think the murder of a cop be it yesterday or 50 years ago is something to make mirth over.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2019, 06:18:50 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2019, 07:17:44 PM »
OK.The man who shot JD Tippit was Oswald.Much is made of the timing.Oswald couldn't get there on time etc. It's about a mile at the most from Oswald's rooming house to the crime scene. So if Oswald starts between 1.00 and 1.05 say and going at a brisk pace of 5mph he gets to the crime scene at between 1.12-1.17.

But who says he walked.He could've just as easily ran most of the way.In that case he would be moving at an average of 8MPH,In that case he could get to the crime scene between 1.08 - 1.13 or even earlier. It's just supposition to say he walked,It's also supposition to say he ran. If he did run then he is hardly going to tell Fritz that, as that would make it appear he was in flight.

So all this he didn't have time, is only supposition. So it was entirely possible for Oswald to have arrived within the time frame to kill JD. And there were numerous witnesses identified him as the cop killer.

So you're good at arithmetic...  That's GREATTT!!...Because perhaps you'll be able to figger out the time elapsed between 1:04 and 1:05 or possible 1:06....

Lee Oswald was seen standing in front of 1026 N. Beckley at 1:04..( according to his landlady Mrs Roberts) and Mrs Markham saw a young man ( the man who shot JD Tippit) walking east on Tenth at about 1:05  ( Markham said she saw Tippit shot to death at 1:06)

How much time elapsed between 1:04 and 1:06??

Offline Alan Hardaker

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2019, 08:17:44 PM »
So you're good at arithmetic...  That's GREATTT!!...Because perhaps you'll be able to figger out the time elapsed between 1:04 and 1:05 or possible 1:06....

Lee Oswald was seen standing in front of 1026 N. Beckley at 1:04..( according to his landlady Mrs Roberts) and Mrs Markham saw a young man ( the man who shot JD Tippit) walking east on Tenth at about 1:05  ( Markham said she saw Tippit shot to death at 1:06)

How much time elapsed between 1:04 and 1:06??

You may well be right.On the other hand there are so many times being bandied about and with so many witnesses sketchy on times, that it's difficult to be sure. I'm simply making the point that if the killing happened on or after 1.08 it's conceivable that a fit able bodied person could've got from 1026 N.Beckley to be at the crime scene as early as 1.08. Depending obviously on his transport mode.Running,walking.And his time of departure from the rooming house.

I think the case for Oswald would need another witness corroboration of Mrs Markham timings. The poor lady was hysterical after the shooting and made quite a few mistakes.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2019, 08:17:44 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2019, 08:47:11 PM »
You may well be right.On the other hand there are so many times being bandied about and with so many witnesses sketchy on times, that it's difficult to be sure. I'm simply making the point that if the killing happened on or after 1.08 it's conceivable that a fit able bodied person could've got from 1026 N.Beckley to be at the crime scene as early as 1.08. Depending obviously on his transport mode.Running,walking.And his time of departure from the rooming house.

I think the case for Oswald would need another witness corroboration of Mrs Markham timings. The poor lady was hysterical after the shooting and made quite a few mistakes.

I think the case for Oswald would need another witness corroboration of Mrs Markham timings

I assume that you mean the case for Lee's innocence would need another witness.... Well it just so happens that your wish for corroboration of Helen Markham's sworn statement that Tippit was shot at 1:06 was verified by a man named TF Bowley.    Mr Bowley arrived at the murder scene at 1:10 ( according to his sworn affidavit)  And saw officer Tippit lying on the street near the left front wheel of his squad car.  Obviously Tippit had been shot a few minutes before Bowley arrived at 1:10....

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2019, 10:30:32 PM »
So all this he didn't have time, is only supposition. So it was entirely possible for Oswald to have arrived within the time frame to kill JD.

It’s also entirely possible that it wasn’t Oswald.

And there were numerous witnesses identified him as the cop killer.

No there weren’t.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2019, 10:30:32 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2019, 10:53:13 PM »
There’s also Margie Higgins who placed the shooting at 1:06. And Tippit’s death certificate that said he was DOA at the hospital at 1:15.