Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Tippit Shooting, 1:15  (Read 84190 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: Tippit Shooting, 1:15
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2019, 03:01:34 AM »
Advertisement
According to the housekeeper..she last saw Oswald near the bus stop at Zang and Beckley [about 2 lots north of the rooming house. So if someone was headed into downtown -they would have simply just waited for the bus right there.

If I remember correctly, the bus stop that he was heading in the direction of was on a different route than the one that stopped at Zang and Beckley. And that route reportedly included the areas north of downtown in which both Love Field and Walker’s residence are located.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2019, 03:01:34 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2019, 03:16:09 PM »
If I remember correctly, the bus stop that he was heading in the direction of was on a different route than the one that stopped at Zang and Beckley. And that route reportedly included the areas north of downtown in which both Love Field and Walker’s residence are located.

If there was such a bus stop, it's most likely location would be on Jefferson, rather than on 10th Street. Tippit's killer was not walking in the direction of Jefferson.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2019, 03:43:28 PM »
If there was such a bus stop, it's most likely location would be on Jefferson, rather than on 10th Street. Tippit's killer was not walking in the direction of Jefferson.
Absolutely. The shooter was proceeding east [apparently] on 10th. No buses that way. Mrs Markham was on her way to catch her bus on Jefferson as stated. She was not waiting for her bus at the [10th and Patton corner] The bus stop by the Oswald  rooms up on the east side of Beckley is the via downtown route. What do I know? I've only lived in Dallas all my life. But don't take my word for it...just look at the map :-\

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2019, 03:43:28 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2019, 05:53:11 PM »
Absolutely. The shooter was proceeding east [apparently] on 10th. No buses that way. Mrs Markham was on her way to catch her bus on Jefferson as stated. She was not waiting for her bus at the [10th and Patton corner] The bus stop by the Oswald  rooms up on the east side of Beckley is the via downtown route. What do I know? I've only lived in Dallas all my life. But don't take my word for it...just look at the map :-\

There are present-day bus stops at the intersections of both Marsailis & Jefferson, and Tenth & Jefferson. I don’t know about these in 1963. But I would think that they existed back then also. Like I said before, this was reportedly a different route that included the area north of downtown.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2019, 07:13:46 PM »
Totally agree Thumb1: Which leaves the speculation---What was Tippit and the man who shot him doing at that location?
Regarding the time of the shooting, in [With Malice] Dale Myers-another Warren defender-...completely ignores the reports of three people-- Helen Markham, Margie Higgins, and T F Bowley--  that they recall the shooting prior to 1:10.
See this chapter concerning Helen Markham....  http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/T%20Disk/Tippit%20J%20D%20Murder/Item%2013.pdf
Even though there was a tape of her speaking on the phone with Mark Lane and it was played during her testimony before the Commission ...She denied that it was even her on the phone ???
Her statements concerning the shooting, the perpetrator, the lineup and every other incident were all over the place.
She was so off the wall that "the commission was just glad to get rid of her".
Consider a report from one researcher. As in her testimony, she had a son that lived with her. The boy had been in big trouble with the police [burglaries for the most part] Perhaps this had influenced her demeanor. We will never know for sure.

What was Tippit and the man who shot him doing at that location?

We can only speculate.... Unless new evidence surfaces.    It's obvious to me that Lee Oswald had been suckered into being the scapegoat, but he unwittingly threw a  monkey wrench into the machinery when he wasn't on the sixth floor at the time of the murder.  I firmly believe that the conspirators never intended for Lee to leave the TSBD alive. ...  And if he had been on the sixth floor he probably would have been shot to death by an "alert cop" and the case would have been closed then and there.   When he simply walked out of the TSBD and boarded a bus a couple of blocks away he created a panic for the conspirators, which required that they fall back to plan "B"....  They knew that he would be in the Texas Theater because that was where they they had told him to meet his handler after they hoax attempt to shoot JFK.  Lee thought that he would be whisked out of the country and accepted by Castro after the attempt to shoot JFK.   ( The same basic MO that Lee used at Walker's residence in April.)  So even though they never intended for Lee to leave the TSBD alive, they were prepared to get him shot in the Texas Theater...if he escaped the TSBD.   
They planned for an angry cop to shoot him in the theater....  To stir up the police they had set Tippit up as a patsy to be shot by a man who would run to the Texas Theater.   Then the irate cop would shoot Lee in the theater.  It's entirely possible that Tippit may have been designated to be the "alert cop" in the TSBD so by appointing  Tippit to be the hero who caught the fleeing assassin if he escaped the TSBD they suckered Tippit into being in a position to be shot and killed by a man who then fled to the Texas Theater....thus eliminating a link between them and  the assassination and  stirring up a swarm of angry cops who they thought would kill the armed Lee Oswald in the theater.  But.....Lee inadvertently  foiled their plan again when he didn't panic and remained calm in the theater.   If he had jumped up and tried to escape ....he would have been killed....

This is what I believe was the scheme .....  and as I said now we can only speculate.....   

But Based on the evidence and the facts, one thing that I have no doubt about is:.... Lee Oswald DID NOT shoot anybody in Dallas that day..... 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2019, 07:13:46 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2019, 12:31:30 AM »
As you can see there was no "draining of Oak Cliff" at 12.45pm as claimed by Jackson. Other than Dealey Plaza, there were more units available in that district than any other.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 12:33:28 AM by Colin Crow »

Offline Alan Hardaker

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2019, 05:11:18 PM »
OK.The man who shot JD Tippit was Oswald.Much is made of the timing.Oswald couldn't get there on time etc. It's about a mile at the most from Oswald's rooming house to the crime scene. So if Oswald starts between 1.00 and 1.05 say and going at a brisk pace of 5mph he gets to the crime scene at between 1.12-1.17.

But who says he walked.He could've just as easily ran most of the way.In that case he would be moving at an average of 8MPH,In that case he could get to the crime scene between 1.08 - 1.13 or even earlier. It's just supposition to say he walked,It's also supposition to say he ran. If he did run then he is hardly going to tell Fritz that, as that would make it appear he was in flight.

So all this he didn't have time, is only supposition. So it was entirely possible for Oswald to have arrived within the time frame to kill JD. And there were numerous witnesses identified him as the cop killer.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 05:12:24 PM by Alan Hardaker »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2019, 05:11:18 PM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2019, 05:33:46 PM »
OK.The man who shot JD Tippit was Oswald.Much is made of the timing.Oswald couldn't get there on time etc. It's about a mile at the most from Oswald's rooming house to the crime scene. So if Oswald starts between 1.00 and 1.05 say and going at a brisk pace of 5mph he gets to the crime scene at between 1.12-1.17.

But who says he walked.He could've just as easily ran most of the way.In that case he would be moving at an average of 8MPH,In that case he could get to the crime scene between 1.08 - 1.13 or even earlier. It's just supposition to say he walked,It's also supposition to say he ran. If he did run then he is hardly going to tell Fritz that, as that would make it appear he was in flight.

So all this he didn't have time, is only supposition. So it was entirely possible for Oswald to have arrived within the time frame to kill JD. And there were numerous witnesses identified him as the cop killer.
So he allegedly ran a mile and nobody saw him? Hmm......