Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Tippit Shooting, 1:15  (Read 85477 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: Tippit Shooting, 1:15
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2019, 10:54:56 PM »
Advertisement
OK----I will give that beginning from the sidewalk of the house 1026 N. Beckeley at 1:00 PM  [which is generous enough] and briskly walking ...using the shortest possible route... someone of average age and size could arrive at the northwest corner of 10th and Patton in 15 minutes.
However- this is the location where it was established that Mrs Markham stood at the time. J D Tippit's patrol car was parked across 10th and some 3 lots [120 ft] east of the intersection. The proposed murder allows no time for an encounter, a discussion at the side of the cruiser, an exit from the car and a subsequent shooting. It also allows no time for the alleged walker to have returned to the front of the rooming house from a reported bus stop some 120 ft north where Oswald was last seen by the housekeeper. So- again, this is like trying to squeeze 10 lbs of time into a 5 lb sack. It couldn't be done so it had to be faked.
In addition..as I have repeatedly pondered ---If this was supposed to be Oswald, where in hell was he going?

If this was supposed to be Oswald, where in hell was he going?

One can only guess where. My first guess, years ago, was to General Walker’s house to take care of unfinished business. But lately I’ve imagined that if he had not been so quickly apprehended, there just might have been an attempted hi jack to Cuba at Love Field.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2019, 10:54:56 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2019, 11:23:51 PM »
It's obvious, by calling out for Tippit (78), that Murray Jackson had not previously been alerted by his superiors that Tippit had already been shot and killed. Therefore, Wright, Davis and Lewis didn't call the police to report the shooting much earlier than Jackson was made aware of it over the police radio by the citizen.

As I posted earlier, would Jackson automatically assume Tippit, when Menzel, Parker and Nelson were all possibly around that location?

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2019, 11:46:17 PM »
If this was supposed to be Oswald, where in hell was he going?

One can only guess where. My first guess, years ago, was to General Walker’s house to take care of unfinished business. But lately I’ve imagined that if he had not been so quickly apprehended, there just might have been an attempted hi jack to Cuba at Love Field.
Walkers house? Love Field? Check your google map--this was 10-12 miles in the other direction.
if he had not been so quickly miraculously apprehended

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2019, 11:46:17 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2019, 12:03:07 AM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 12:32:40 AM by Colin Crow »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2019, 01:03:39 AM »
Walkers house? Love Field? Check your google map--this was 10-12 miles in the other direction.

The man who shot JD Tippit was NOT Lee Oswald.....  So speculating about where he was going is just nonsense.

Commonsense dictates that he was going to the theater.....and he never was anywhere near 10th and Patton.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2019, 01:03:39 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2019, 01:53:25 AM »

Yes, I know that. I don’t have supporting evidence, but I have read that there was a bus stop on a bus route which includes that section of the city that was in the direction LHO was heading when the encounter with Tippit occurred. It is all just conjecture anyway, so I haven’t taken the time to confirm the bus routes. Maybe someone that has that information handy will comment.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2019, 02:41:44 AM »
The man who shot JD Tippit was NOT Lee Oswald..... 
Totally agree Thumb1: Which leaves the speculation---What was Tippit and the man who shot him doing at that location?
Regarding the time of the shooting, in [With Malice] Dale Myers-another Warren defender-...completely ignores the reports of three people-- Helen Markham, Margie Higgins, and T F Bowley--  that they recall the shooting prior to 1:10.
See this chapter concerning Helen Markham....  http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/T%20Disk/Tippit%20J%20D%20Murder/Item%2013.pdf
Even though there was a tape of her speaking on the phone with Mark Lane and it was played during her testimony before the Commission ...She denied that it was even her on the phone ???
Her statements concerning the shooting, the perpetrator, the lineup and every other incident were all over the place.
She was so off the wall that "the commission was just glad to get rid of her".
Consider a report from one researcher. As in her testimony, she had a son that lived with her. The boy had been in big trouble with the police [burglaries for the most part] Perhaps this had influenced her demeanor. We will never know for sure.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2019, 02:41:44 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2019, 02:51:14 AM »
there was a bus stop on a bus route ...Maybe someone that has that information handy will comment.
According to the housekeeper..she last saw Oswald near the bus stop at Zang and Beckley [about 2 lots north of the rooming house. So if someone was headed into downtown -they would have simply just waited for the bus right there.