Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: 3 x 5 Index Card that is item # 14 On the List  (Read 44602 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: 3 x 5 Index Card that is item # 14 On the List
« Reply #192 on: November 03, 2019, 04:48:49 AM »
Advertisement
The less evidence Walt has for one of his fabrications, the more insulting he gets.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #192 on: November 03, 2019, 04:48:49 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #193 on: November 03, 2019, 11:29:05 PM »
The less evidence Walt has for one of his fabrications, the more insulting he gets.

Insulting?.... Merely quoting an old axiom......   

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #194 on: November 04, 2019, 08:15:45 PM »
if we “assign” the width to be 6 inches, the the length is 10 inches and the tape is 2 inches.

So you think that a 6" X 10" card would be called "SMALL"  ?

Mr. EISENBERG. I now hand you a small white card marked with certain initials and with a date, "11-22-63." There is a cellophane wrapping, cellophane tape across this card with what appears to be a fingerprint underneath it, and the handwriting underneath that tape is "off underside of gun barrel near end of foregrip C 2766," which I might remark parenthetically is the serial number of Exhibit 139. I ask you whether you are familiar with this item which I hand you, this card?
Mr. LATONA. Yes; I am familiar with this particular exhibit.
Mr. EISENBERG. Can you describe to us what that exhibit consists of, that item rather?
Mr. LATONA. This exhibit Or this item is a lift of a latent palmprint which was evidently developed with black powder.

a small white card marked with certain initials and with a date, "11-22-63." ------------ the handwriting underneath that tape is "off underside of gun barrel near end of foregrip C 2766,"

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #194 on: November 04, 2019, 08:15:45 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #195 on: November 04, 2019, 09:32:31 PM »
For a person with commonsense ......They would conclude that 6" X 10" would not be a "small white card"
Jerry Organ posted a photo of the bottom of the stock of a model 91 /38 Mannlicher Carcano.  The bayonet slot is clearly visible , and unless there is something drastically wrong with your eyesight you should be able to see that the so called "palm print" lift on the small white index card was lifted from that area of the WOODEN stock.   It was NOT lifted from the metal barrel.

Detective Day said that he spotted a print on the SIDE of the barrel about 3 inches back from the end of the muzzle end of the wooden stock.  The place that Mr organ has circled and drawn a line to....( the smaller orange circle) Is about 1/2 inch back from where the end of the wooden stock would be if the stock were on the barrel.

in the colored photo the bayonet groove is clearly visible .....The end of the bayonet groove is about 3 1/2 inches back from the end of the wooden stock.   So Lt Day guessed fairly accurately when he said he found the print about three inches back from the end of the wooden stock.

The only reason that I can imagine that Day used that 3 X 5 card in fabricating the tale about finding the print on the metal barrel is because he knew that  he had sent that card to the FBI and he thought that they would confirm his tale.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 10:53:15 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #196 on: November 06, 2019, 11:55:06 PM »
Detective Day said that he spotted a print on the SIDE of the barrel about 3 inches back from the end of the muzzle end of the wooden stock.  The place that Mr organ has circled and drawn a line to....( the smaller orange circle) Is about 1/2 inch back from where the end of the wooden stock would be if the stock were on the barrel.

in the colored photo the bayonet groove is clearly visible .....The end of the bayonet groove is about 3 1/2 inches back from the end of the wooden stock.   So Lt Day guessed fairly accurately when he said he found the print about three inches back from the end of the wooden stock.

The only reason that I can imagine that Day used that 3 X 5 card in fabricating the tale about finding the print on the metal barrel is because he knew that  he had sent that card to the FBI and he thought that they would confirm his tale.

Just curious....  Why doesn't anybody but LNer's respond to this thread?   I'm 100% sure that the "print" on the 3 x 5 card was lifted from the wooden stock of the rifle...  It's so patently clear to me....Why can't others see it?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #196 on: November 06, 2019, 11:55:06 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #197 on: November 08, 2019, 12:51:31 AM »
Just curious....  Why doesn't anybody but LNer's respond to this thread?   I'm 100% sure that the "print" on the 3 x 5 card was lifted from the wooden stock of the rifle...  It's so patently clear to me....Why can't others see it?

I'm 100% sure that the "print" on the 3 x 5 card was lifted from the wooden stock of the rifle...

This statement is very poorly worded.....  I should have said... I'm 100% sure that the "print" on the 3 x 5 card was Not there on the night of the coup d e'tat.  But Detective Day had lifted what he imagined to be a "palm print" off the wooden stock when he was dusting the rifle for prints in the TSBD that afternoon.  Later they decided to use the 3 X 5 card as the lift he made in the crime lab.   They used a palm print of Lee Oswald that had been made on a flat surface and placed that lift on the 3 X5 card.      There was no identifiable print on that card that Day had created in the TSBD when the card went to the FBI at midnight 11 / 22 /63.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #198 on: November 11, 2019, 07:50:52 PM »
I'm 100% sure that the "print" on the 3 x 5 card was lifted from the wooden stock of the rifle...

This statement is very poorly worded.....  I should have said... I'm 100% sure that the "print" on the 3 x 5 card was Not there on the night of the coup d e'tat.  But Detective Day had lifted what he imagined to be a "palm print" off the wooden stock when he was dusting the rifle for prints in the TSBD that afternoon.  Later they decided to use the 3 X 5 card as the lift he made in the crime lab.   They used a palm print of Lee Oswald that had been made on a flat surface and placed that lift on the 3 X5 card.      There was no identifiable print on that card that Day had created in the TSBD when the card went to the FBI at midnight 11 / 22 /63.

Question:.....   Is there anybody who can't see that the image on the 3 X 5 card is the bottom of the WOODEN foregrip with the bayonet groove clearly visible?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #198 on: November 11, 2019, 07:50:52 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #199 on: November 11, 2019, 10:28:27 PM »
The silence is deafening.