Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: 3 x 5 Index Card that is item # 14 On the List  (Read 44636 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: 3 x 5 Index Card that is item # 14 On the List
« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2019, 12:00:15 AM »
Advertisement
"deductive reasoning" is what you call making up stories with no basis in reality.

The problem is:..  You have a bad case of cranial rectalitis .....  Thus you can't see what's right in front of your nose.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2019, 12:00:15 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2019, 12:12:35 AM »
The problem is:..  You have a bad case of cranial rectalitis .....  Thus you can't see what's right in front of your nose.

Strangely enough, that doesn't make your argument any more compelling.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2019, 01:56:34 PM »
On page 260 of Volume 24 of the WC hearings there is a altered copy of evidence inventory list that accompanied the evidence that was being turned over to the FBI at midnight, 11 / 22 /63 . Item # 14( counting from the top down)  on that list  says....

Quote....   1   Partial palm print " off underside of gun barrel near end of foregrip"  on rifle # C 2766.  .... unquote

Can you see any print on the card?

Since the evidence inventory list is not dated, there is a dispute about WHEN this list was created.....

FBI Agent James Hosty in his Book stated that he and another agent  photographed the evidence and typed up a list of the evidence that was being released to the FBI that evening.  Commonsense ( and Legality) dictates that both parties ( The FBI and the DPD) would require a list of the evidence.   

Item # 14 on the list is the so called "palm Print"  .....  And that means the palm print story told by Detective Day is nothing but a damned lie.... He didn't discover that "palm print" on the metal barrel after disassembling the rifle....nor did he fail to tell the FBI about that print.  He found that smudge that he imagined might be a palm print on the WOODEN foregrip of the rifle while he was checking it for prints in the TSBD just minutes after he pulled the rifle from beneath the pallet where it had been carefully hidden.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 02:02:52 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2019, 01:56:34 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2019, 04:50:48 PM »

Since we know that the card measures 3" x 5" we can use those known measurements to find that the tape being used was 1 " wide...

Since we know that the barrel of a carcano is 5/8 (.625") of an inch in diameter...then we can determine the circumference of he barrel....The circumference of the carcano barrel is....1.963"     Let's keep it simple and call it two inches .....   and half that circumference is 1 inch.....  Which means the 1 inch wide scotch tape would have been wrapped halfway around the barrel...... 

Do you believe that there was a palm print that covered half the circumference of the metal barrel?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2019, 07:33:48 PM »
Since we know that the card measures 3" x 5" we can use those known measurements to find that the tape being used was 1 " wide...

Wait, how do we know this card is 3”x5”?

It’s not a white card either, so there goes your Alyea theory.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2019, 07:33:48 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2019, 07:42:19 PM »
Wait, how do we know this card is 3”x5”?

It’s not a white card either, so there goes your Alyea theory.

Weak.....Very weak, John..... Do you you think your insipid counterpoint destroys Tom Alyea's statement?

Did Day see the print on the SIDE of the barrel, or the bottom of the barrel?

Mr. DAY. I took it to the office and tried to bring out the two prints I had seen on the side of the gun at the bookstore. They still were rather unclear. Due to the roughness of the metal, I photographed them rather than try to lift them. I could also see a trace of a print on the side of the barrel that extended under the woodstock. I started to take the woodstock off and noted traces of a palmprint near the firing end of the barrel about 3 inches under the wood-stock when I took the woodstock loose.
Mr. BELIN. You mean 3 inches from the small end of the woodstock?
Mr. DAY. Right--yes, sir.
Mr. McCLOY. From the firing end of the barrel, you mean the muzzle?
Mr. DAY. The muzzle; yes, sir.
Mr. BELIN. Let me clarify the record. By that you mean you found it on the metal or you mean you found it on the wood?
Mr. DAY. On the metal, after removing the wood.
Mr. BELIN. The wood. You removed the wood, and then underneath the wood is where you found the print?
Mr. DAY. On the bottom side of the barrel which was covered by the wood, I found traces of a palmprint. I dusted these and tried lifting them, the prints, with scotch tape in the usual manner. A faint palmprint came off. I could still see traces of the print under the barrel and was going to try to use photography to bring off or bring out a better print. About this time I received instructions from the chief's office to go no further with the processing, it was to be released to the FBI for them to complete. I did not process the underside of the barrel under the scopic sight, did not get to this area of the gun.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 08:08:28 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2019, 09:32:23 PM »
In 1984, the author Henry Hurt interviewed Vincent Drain, the FBI agent who had received the rifle from the Dallas police:

“I just don’t believe there ever was a print,” said Drain. He noted that there was increasing pressure on the Dallas police to build evidence in the case.

Asked to explain what might have happened, Agent Drain stated, “All I can figure is that it [Oswald’s print] was some sort of cushion, because they were getting a lot of heat by Sunday night. You could take the print off Oswald’s card and put it on the rifle. Something like that happened.”

(Henry Hurt, Reasonable Doubt: An Investigation into the Assassination of John F. Kennedy, Henry Holt, 1985, p.109)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2019, 09:32:23 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2019, 09:45:36 PM »
In 1984, the author Henry Hurt interviewed Vincent Drain, the FBI agent who had received the rifle from the Dallas police:

“I just don’t believe there ever was a print,” said Drain. He noted that there was increasing pressure on the Dallas police to build evidence in the case.

Asked to explain what might have happened, Agent Drain stated, “All I can figure is that it [Oswald’s print] was some sort of cushion, because they were getting a lot of heat by Sunday night. You could take the print off Oswald’s card and put it on the rifle. Something like that happened.”

(Henry Hurt, Reasonable Doubt: An Investigation into the Assassination of John F. Kennedy, Henry Holt, 1985, p.109)

Drain was up to his eyebrows in the cover up and the framing of Lee Oswald.....But perhaps he truly believes the DPD planted a palm print on the rifle.   Drain is saying that the DPD framed the dead Lee Oswald.....so he knows they were corrupt.....

“I just don’t believe there ever was a print,” said Drain.

He's right there never ever was a identifiable Palm Print on the rifle.....  Day lifted what he imagined to be a palm print from the WOODEN forgrip but what he imagined to be a palm print, was nothing but an unidentifiable smudge.