Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: 3 x 5 Index Card that is item # 14 On the List  (Read 45572 times)

Offline Jack Trojan

Re: 3 x 5 Index Card that is item # 14 On the List
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2019, 09:17:55 PM »
Advertisement
If that index card was exactly 3" x 5" then we can measure the dimensions of the print and scale it  precisely with Oswald's inked palm print. The focus should be on LHO's palm swirl:

This GIF is not good enough to establish a match. We need to work with the best imagery available and we need to get the scale and orientation exactly right (which is not the case here). I doubt a match can be established even if there is one.

Less to work with than Malcolm Wallace's print found on a box on the 6th floor. There is obviously a heavy bias here to link Oswald to the MC, since he posed with the rifle in his backyard, took a pot shot at Walker with it (missed due to the wonky scope), disassembled it and placed it into a paper bag (with wonky scope), smuggled it into the TSBD, reassembled it with a dime as a screwdriver, hid the MC on the 6th floor, retrieved it later and took at least 3 shots at the POTUS, then ditched the rifle and fled the scene without leaving a single identifiable print on the rifle. The lack of Oswald's prints on everything is the smoking gun here. The DPD's total disregard for the fingerprint evidence is another smoking gun. The DPD knew there were no prints to compromise so they bare-handled everything.

Where is the analysis that demonstrates a match to Oswald palm print?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2019, 09:17:55 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2019, 09:19:55 PM »

We know the tape was 1 inch wide. So this print looks to be about 3/4 of an inch across ....   Since the print couldn't possibly have been lifted from a round surface that had a half circumference of 1 inch ( the circumference of the carcano barrel is two inches)   This print is not at all distorted as it would be if the palm was wrapped around the barrel of the carcano.    This print appears to have been lifted from a flat surface......

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2019, 09:25:59 PM »
If that index card was exactly 3" x 5" then we can measure the dimensions of the print and scale it  precisely with Oswald's inked palm print. The focus should be on LHO's palm swirl:

This GIF is not good enough to establish a match. We need to work with the best imagery available and we need to get the scale and orientation exactly right (which is not the case here). I doubt a match can be established even if there is one.

Less to work with than Malcolm Wallace's print found on a box on the 6th floor. There is obviously a heavy bias here to link Oswald to the MC, since he posed with the rifle in his backyard, took a pot shot at Walker with it (missed due to the wonky scope), disassembled it and placed it into a paper bag (with wonky scope), smuggled it into the TSBD, reassembled it with a dime as a screwdriver, hid the MC on the 6th floor, retrieved it later and took at least 3 shots at the POTUS, then ditched the rifle and fled the scene without leaving a single identifiable print on the rifle. The lack of Oswald's prints on everything is the smoking gun here. The DPD's total disregard for the fingerprint evidence is another smoking gun. The DPD knew there were no prints to compromise so they bare-handled everything.

Where is the analysis that demonstrates a match to Oswald palm print?

Jack, While looking for witness testimony this morning I saw a photo in which Lee's right palm was shown.....They circled the area from which the palm print had allegedly deposited the print on the barrel.....  It was NOT the heel of the palm that was circled....The area circled was more toward the little finger joint...

PS I found the exhibit ....It's CE 638.     And the area circled is not the heel of the palm.....
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 09:38:56 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2019, 09:25:59 PM »

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2019, 09:46:21 PM »
For the record, below is LHO's post-mortem right hand print. I don't see any other swirl near his pinky or anywhere else on his palm that matches the print lifted by Day. Do you?

« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 09:53:58 PM by Jack Trojan »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2019, 09:54:27 PM »
For the record, below is LHO's post-mortem right hand  print. I don't see any other swirl near his pinky or otherwise that matches the print lifted by Day. Do you?

No, there is no swirl in the area of the palm near the pinky finger joint of Lee's right hand ....  And I think you'll agree that if a mans hand was wrapped around the barrel the print would be distorted by the curvature of the round barrel ....and yet when you superimposed the print from a FLAT surface onto the lift there seems to be a possible match.   How can that be???

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2019, 09:54:27 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #125 on: October 21, 2019, 11:02:03 PM »
Latona testified that when he examined the rifle on Saturday 11 / 23 /63 there was no indication that a lift had been made from the underside of the gun barrel, not even a hint of finger print powder.

He doesn't say that he made this observation on the 23rd, or any time before receiving the magic partial palmprint.

Mr. LATONA. We had no personal knowledge of any palmprint having been developed on the rifle. The only prints that we knew of were the fragmentary prints which I previously pointed out had been indicated by the cellophane on the trigger guard. There was no indication on this rifle as to the existence of any other prints. This print which indicates it came from the underside of the gun barrel, evidently the lifting had been so complete that there was nothing left to show any marking on the gun itself as to the existence of such even an attempt on the part of anyone else to process the rifle.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #126 on: October 21, 2019, 11:46:36 PM »
He doesn't say that he made this observation on the 23rd, or any time before receiving the magic partial palmprint.

Mr. LATONA. We had no personal knowledge of any palmprint having been developed on the rifle. The only prints that we knew of were the fragmentary prints which I previously pointed out had been indicated by the cellophane on the trigger guard. There was no indication on this rifle as to the existence of any other prints. This print which indicates it came from the underside of the gun barrel, evidently the lifting had been so complete that there was nothing left to show any marking on the gun itself as to the existence of such even an attempt on the part of anyone else to process the rifle.

I don't give flip how you interpret Latona's testimony....The bottom line IS:   ...By Saturday 11 / 23 / 63 , Nobody had found any prints on the rifle that would have allowed Henry Wade ,The Dallas DA,  to tell reporters that Lee Harrrrrrvey Ossssswald's prints had been found on the gun.   But he DID tell reporters that lie....and the reporters in turn  told the ignorant pissants, who  believed the lie because it came from authority.

And Wade wasn't the only liar....Latona should have known that the palm print had NOT come from that 5/8 inch diameter barrel.....I'm certainly no exprt but even I can see that the so called "palm print" did not come from a round surface....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #126 on: October 21, 2019, 11:46:36 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #127 on: October 22, 2019, 03:30:42 PM »

Jack, since this print allegedly was lifted from a 5/8 " diameter round barrel ( with a half circumference of 1 inch ) don't you think the edges of the print should fade.    IOW the palm of a man's hand would be in solid contact with the center of the round surface but the top and bottom edges would have less contact with the round surface and gradually fade away. 

We know that the tape in this lift was one inch wide.....so that tape would wrap half way around the barrel .   IMO we should see a good print in the center and less and less of the print at the top and bottom.  This print looks like it was lifted from a flat surface....   Question:   Would it be possible to place the print on the photo of the 3 X 5 card photographically ?     Like a double exposure....First take a photo of a print and then without advancing the film take a photo of the surface on which you want the print to appear?    There are probably other ways that the print could be made to appear on a surface...but I think you'll get the idea.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 06:00:14 PM by Walt Cakebread »