Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: False Witness  (Read 11362 times)

Online Steve M. Galbraith

Re: False Witness
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2019, 02:29:36 PM »
Advertisement
Thanks for correcting me Steve, I should have researched and not relied on memory......not sure what is the scarier outcome in this instance.
No problem, many Americans - even reporters - make the same mistake all of the time. It's an odd word to use - impeachment - when it's really just indictment.

The scariest for me is that he's convicted and then runs for the Presidency again and is elected. The Senate can disqualify an officer (President, Judge) from holding future office; so we may see them try to do this (swell).

The Founders were brilliant men (yes, they compromised over the evil of slavery but what was the alternative at that time?) but would be perplexed at how to handle constitutionally someone like Trump. He's clearly unsuited for office, is a disgrace, a narcissitic thug, but I'm not quite persuaded that his acts warrant removal. I'd like him out of office but I want to do so in a fair manner. His supporters are wrong; but they're Americans too who have a voice in this.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 02:37:31 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2019, 02:29:36 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2019, 02:38:56 PM »
Thanks for correcting me Steve, I should have researched and not relied on memory......not sure what is the scarier outcome in this instance.

Colin, an opportunity has presented itself here to have a facts supported discussion centering on Garrison, his investigation, and the money that supported it.
I hope you will participate in your evenhanded, scholarly way I appreciate is unusual around here.

1938... Willard E Robertson was a 30 year old store clerk selling suits adjacent to the Yale Univ. campus in Connecticut.

1944... Willard E Robertson, after brief stints managing a sandwich shop and then a tavern, both adjacent to the Yale Univ. campus in Connecticut,
Robertson was listed in the regional directory employed as a "woodworker" at a defense plant owned by Allen Dulles Princeton, 1914,  classmate, Jack Churchward, located in an adjacent town.

Hypothetically, o'course!.....(Just talking "out of school")

I have always thought. "Follow the Money" was basic, obvious. Oliver Stone spent $43 million, Harold Weissberg authored
book after book. Then came Davy, Mellen, DiEugenio, and Morley. Which of them, if any, delved into the money behind both INCA
and the Garrison investigation and prosecution of Clay Shaw?...
…..

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/219917526/
Willard E. Robertson SHREVEPORT Private Kimilv services (or Willord E. Robertson, a recent resident o Shreveport, were held at 11 a m, on Mondav October 31, at the tomilv home Grevstone on Beaver Lake near Rogers, Ark. Mr Robertson died at Ochsner Foundation Hosoitol in New Orleans ot 10 a m on Saturday, October 29. 1983, (oliowingashort Illness Interment will be in the family mausoleum. Mr. Robertson, born on May 16, 1908 in Conwov, NH, was a well-known business and civic leader in Shreveport as well as in Rogers, Ark. and New Orleans, La. He was educated in Exeter, N.H. and Northeast University of Low in Boston, Mass. Mr. Robertson wos assistant to the president ot Church, Ward & Co. in New Haven, Conn. In 1948.

…..

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2019, 02:40:01 PM »
No problem, many Americans - even reporters - make the same mistake all of the time. It's an odd word to use - impeachment - when it's really just indictment.

The scariest for me is that he's convicted and then runs for the Presidency again and is elected.

The Founders were brilliant men (yes, they compromised over the evil of slavery but what was the alternative at that time?) but would be perplexed at how to handle constitutionally someone like Trump. He's clearly unsuited for office, is a disgrace, a narcissitic thug, but I'm not quite persuaded that his acts warrant removal. I'd like him out of office but I want to do so in a fair manner. His supporters are wrong; but they're Americans too who have a voice in this.

Looking from afar I wonder how you go from "ask not what your country...." and "we choose to go to the moon..." to the self serving gibberish of the present occupant? As an Australian I apologise for the influence of Rupert on all of us.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2019, 02:40:01 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2019, 02:42:28 PM »
Colin, an opportunity has presented itself here to have a facts supported discussion centering on Garrison, his investigation, and the money that supported it.
I hope you will participate in your evenhanded, scholarly way I appreciate is unusual around here.

1938... Willard E Robertson was a 30 year old store clerk selling suits adjacent to the Yale Univ. campus in Connecticut.

1944... Willard E Robertson, after brief stints managing a sandwich shop and then a tavern, both adjacent to the Yale Univ. campus in Connecticut,
Robertson was listed in the regional directory employed as a "woodworker" at a defense plant owned by Allen Dulles Princeton, 1914,  classmate, Jack Churchward, located in an adjacent town.

Apologies for the derail Tom....I will not comment further in this thread about Trump.

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2019, 03:11:33 PM »
Apologies for the derail Tom....I will not comment further in this thread about Trump.

Colin, I am not in "monitor mode"....I was inclined to point out to you the fact Steve posted of. My comment to you
was a plea. Posters here willing to discuss the dubious (uncorroborated) claims of Patsy Ruth Billings Lambert....
(anyone ever seen a pic or vid of her or point me to any live presentation by this evidently highly regarded author?)

....but no discussion  ever ensues in reaction to what I actually have proven. In fact, DiEugenio, instead of arguing facts I unearthed, which are impossible to refute, instead associated me with Max Holland.

I genuinely seek your reaction to my facts suggesting Garrison and Shaw may have been on the same side!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 03:12:22 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2019, 03:11:33 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2019, 03:38:14 PM »
Colin, I am not in "monitor mode"....I was inclined to point out to you the fact Steve posted of. My comment to you
was a plea. Posters here willing to discuss the dubious (uncorroborated) claims of Patsy Ruth Billings Lambert....
(anyone ever seen a pic or vid of her or point me to any live presentation by this evidently highly regarded author?)

....but no discussion  ever ensues in reaction to what I actually have proven. In fact, DiEugenio, instead of arguing facts I unearthed, which are impossible to refute, instead associated me with Max Holland.

I genuinely seek your reaction to my facts suggesting Garrison and Shaw may have been on the same side!

To be honest Tom I have never delved much into the Garrison case much at all. I have focussed much of my efforts on the key witness documents that are available to all at NARA. I know that you are suspicious of his motivation. I am aware of some of the various components of Garrison's work, through the works of Anthony Summers, eg the 544 Camp St./Bannister/Ferrie claims and Clinton sighting.

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2019, 04:13:51 PM »
To be honest Tom I have never delved much into the Garrison case much at all. I have focussed much of my efforts on the key witness documents that are available to all at NARA. I know that you are suspicious of his motivation. I am aware of some of the various components of Garrison's work, through the works of Anthony Summers, eg the 544 Camp St./Bannister/Ferrie claims and Clinton sighting.

Colin, I appreciate your reply. Maybe my nose is simply too sensitive. Author Lambert has been quite close to two people. Lifton and Phelan.
Phelan was taught the newspaper biz by his employer of ten years, by 1945, an uncle of Clark Clifford.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Alton Evening Telegraph ? 21 December 1950 ? Page 18

....Miss Margaret Clifford Weds in Chevy Chase The marriage of Lt. William
Henry Lanagan, jr., United States Marine Corps, and Miss Margaret
Pepperell Clifford, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Clark, McAdams Clifford, were
married Wednesday at 4 o'clock in All Saints Episcopal Church, Chevy
Chase, Md. A reception was held at the recently acquired estate of the
Cliffords, 8551 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, Md., after the wedding. Guests
included the bride's paternal grandmother, Mrs. Frank A. Clifford of St.
Louis, and uncle, William D. McAdams of New York.

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/16331176/
ALTON EVENING TELEGRAPH WEDNESDAY. DECEMBER 24, 1941, PAGE EIGHTEEN A Very To Everyone From the ENTIRE STAFF Executives Paul B. Cousley Paul S. Cousley John D. McAdams, Jr. Henry McAdams Advertising Department L A. Sharkey Averil Schenk Richard Cousley R. H. Howscr Harold Brand William Bierbaum William Dale Robert Scott |H| Business ^ Office Alice Schreibcr Frances Haxelton Dorothy Gibbons Nina Dale Meszaros Ceraldine Mawdsley News Office Mildred West Amelia Ringemann Fred Norton J. j. Dromgoolc Ruth HaRoram William Ryan L. M. f aggart Cut Tibbitt Ernest Potts George Leighty Walter Tietsort Robert Craul Leland Heppner W. D. Brunner Mary Pfeiffenberger James Phelan Circulation Department Richard Howser Sam Seibold Ted Lane Ray Smith Carl Clark Richard McLarte George White Ted Catt John White Paul Vine A. r Wilson B. M. Harrod F. M. Sanders Also 175 Carriers and Agents Mechanical Department....

INGERSOLL BUYS ALTON TELEGRAPH - Chicago Tribune

https://www.chicagotribune.com › ct-xpm-1985-05-23-8502010803-story
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1985-05-23-8502010803-story.html
May 23, 1985 - The Cousleys have controlled the 150-year-old Telegraph since 1889, while the ... the Alton Telegraph, the 14th-largest daily newspaper in Illinois. ... in the Alton Telegraph Printing Co. in January from the McAdams family, ...

That uncle, was the brother of William D. McAdams.
McAdams's widowed wife, in 1964, just happened to be married to Marina and Priscilla's bodyguard, furnished by Priscilla's first cousin, CIA officer David C Davenport (according to Sam Ballen, supported by description in Davenport's own obit of a "career in intelligence").

Without Reservations: From Harlem to the End of the Santa Fe ...
https://books.google.com › books
Samuel B. Ballen - 2001 - ‎
Found inside - Page 265

December, 1964 photo:
'Marina and Lee' author, 85, one of few that knew both ...

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/author-85-knew-jfk-killer-oswald-article-1.1525293
Nov 21, 2013 - Marina Oswald (left), widow of Lee Harvey Oswald, with friend Jerre Hastings (center) and Priscilla Johnson McMillan. McMillan befriended ...

1940 U.S. Census snippet of a household in New Trier (Winnetka)Illinois:

Clark Clifford's first cousin, Joan McAdams, in 1965:
http://www.newspapers.com/newspage/35602601/
….Miss Me Adams, who is not represented by an attorney in the suit
relates in the complaint that she had come to Santa Fe to visit her
mother, Mrs. Marguerite McAdams Hasty, and her mother’s husband, Jerome
Hasty, and David Davenport, a friend of Hasty
, induced her to consult Dr.
Roscnbaum. As a result, she claims, the sheriff of Sazita Fc County, Perez
Roybal, arrested her without a warrant and she was transported lo
the-State Hospital at Las- Vegas, where she \vas incaceratcd from July 28,
1965 to August 15, …

Notice a name discrepancy, Hasty vs Hastings? Covered!: (in 1966)

Here is an recent article on the man who bought the Mary Ferrell archive and loaned David Lifton many thousands for a still never published book.
This "generous" tycoon-buffoon is the son of a Kodak Research Laboratory director.
https://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/2017/11/16/oliver-curme-marijuana-hearing-mocks-cancer-ptsd/
Boston Millionaire Mocks Cancer Patients, PTSD, and the Disabled at Medical Marijuana Hearing
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 05:04:25 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2019, 04:13:51 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2019, 04:26:42 PM »
Colin, ?I appreciate your reply. Maybe my nose is simply too sensitive. Author Lambert has been quite close to two people. Lifton and Phelan.
Phelan was taught the newspaper biz by his employer of ten years, by 1945, an uncle of Clark Clifford. That uncle, was the brother of William D. McAdams.
McAdams's widowed wife, in 1964, just happened to be married to Marina and Priscilla's bodyguard, furnished by Priscilla's first cousin, CIA officer David C Davenport (according to Sam Ballen, supported by description in Davenport's own obit of a "career in intelligence).

Here is an recent article on the man who bought the Mary Ferrell archive and loaned David Lifton many thousands for a still never published book.
This "generous" tycoon-buffoon is the son of a Kodak Research Laboratory director.
Tom: These "connections" are potentially interesting but Lambert's claims in her book stand or fall based on the evidence she presents and not whether she had some sort of relationship with "X" or "Y."

I think your theory that, if I understand it, Garrison's investigation was some sort of deliberate "sham" meant to distract or divert attention from the real murderers and/or a real investigation is incredibly weak.

Assuming for the sake of your argument that it WAS intended to divert attention away from a followup investigation to the WC how is Lambert exposing Garrison's investigation as a fraud more than 30 years later part of this, well, conspiracy? Doesn't her exposure support your theory that Garrison never intended to go after the "real murderers" of JFK? And exposing him three decades later? For what purpose? I don't see how her work supports your hypothesis.

As to Lambert: I believe she died last year from cancer. Or perhaps this year. Recently.