Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: False Witness  (Read 11359 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: False Witness
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2019, 03:56:23 PM »
Advertisement
Yes, but as Lambert pointed out he had a lot of people going along with him. It wasn't just him.

If you read the notes/accounts of the conferences he had with his assistants/staff, it's bizarro land. He makes these outrageous claims - based on the latest "witness" he met or heard from - and everyone else in the room just goes along. Even though the latest claim is completely at odds with what he claimed the month before. A few of his people got fed up and left; but most of them just merrily went along.

As a side note: I know we don't want to get into politics here but Donald Trump sounds a lot like Garrison. Sorry to the Trump supporters but that's how I see it.

Lambert’s book indicates to me that Sciambra was more than just going along. In my opinion, he might have even been as guilty of misconduct as Garrison.

I stay away from politics discussions. However, I come from a part of the country where Trump is a hero and can do no wrong. So it all depends on who’s propaganda you pay attention to...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2019, 03:56:23 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2019, 06:12:55 PM »
Clay Shaw was not found to be involved in a conspiracy... therefore there was no conspiracy. What an excellent analogy.

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2019, 12:01:26 PM »
Fred Litwin's upcoming Garrison book should be a real hum-dinger.  He's been sharing some outstanding document finds on Facecrook.  Looking forward to his findings.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2019, 12:01:26 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2019, 12:44:59 PM »
Fred Litwin's upcoming Garrison book should be a real hum-dinger.  He's been sharing some outstanding document finds on Facecrook.  Looking forward tot his findings.

Thanks

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2019, 11:39:24 AM »
However, I come from a part of the country where Trump is a hero and can do no wrong. So it all depends on who’s propaganda you pay attention to...

Presumably from alligator and snake country.....a Moot point?

Clinton almost impeached for one and now Trump for Whistle blow job.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 12:05:10 PM by Colin Crow »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2019, 11:39:24 AM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2019, 02:07:34 PM »
In my opinion, Oliver Stone’s film “JFK” has more in common with Milos Foreman’s film “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” than the JFK assassination. I have wondered if Oliver Stone has read Patricia Lambert’s book “False Witness.”

I am in the process of writing a letter to Ken Burns requesting that he consider producing a new documentary about the Garrison investigation and recommending Patricia Lambert’s excellent book as a reference. I think that his work would reach a much larger audience than the book. And I believe that would be a good “antidote” to Oliver Stone’s film “JFK.”  He is very busy though, and I think that additional similar requests might help the chances of this becoming a reality. So please consider making your own request to Ken Burns. The address is:

Florentine Films
PO Box 613
Walpole, NH 03608

I am wondering if your opinion of author Lambert and her book, "False Witness," flies in the face of the facts...

https://web.archive.org/web/20161103035104/tomscully.com/node/17
Has Everyone Sold Out? More Questions than Answers About George White and James Phelan, et al

Submitted by Tom Scully on Sun, 01/17/2016 - 02:19
http://articles.latimes.com/1997/sep/10/news/mn-30846
James Phelan; Investigative Reporter, Author
September 10, 1997
"He was a dying breed," writer Patricia Lambert, a close friend, ... "The world is a sadder, barren place" without him.

Cliff Notes version: The belief systems of both LNs and CTs are unresponsive to the actual evidence. No one even wants to discuss this entirely reasonable conclusion despite the actual facts. And you certainly do not want to discuss or even evaluate these underpinnings of your own belief system. You are typical and no serious inquiry/evaluation can take place, so any further progress is highly unlikely.
…….
IOW, Garrison may have been investigating something, and Clay Shaw may have been a defendant, but neither, when you actually look under the hood, actually acted their part.

Posted by (The late, perceptive) Thomas H. Purvis  July 19, 2013

.....The "power structure" within New Orleans lies not with those who are currently in what is some temporary political position.

It lies with those who possess the capability to place these persons in the various political positions.

Therefore, Jim Garrison, not unlike any other political figure in New Orleans, did what he was instructed to do or else he suffered the consequences....

« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 02:21:03 PM by Tom Scully »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2019, 02:11:46 PM »
Presumably from alligator and snake country.....a Moot point?

Clinton almost impeached for one and now Trump for Whistle blow job.
Not to be too pedantic but Clinton was impeached. The House of Representatives impeaches - that is, brings up charges that are deemed worthy of removal; that is indicts the person - and the Senate then has a trial over those charges. Andrew Johnson was the other president to be impeached. But like Clinton he was acquitted by the Senate (by one vote).

Most people think the same will happen here since the Republicans control the Senate and it will be difficult to find the 20 or votes needed to convict (conviction requires 2/3s vote).

The country doesn't need this but democracy is never going to be pretty (Brexit anyone?). As the saying goes, fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy flight.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 02:24:23 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2019, 02:11:46 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2019, 02:22:44 PM »
Not to be too pedantic but Clinton was impeached. The House of Representatives impeaches - that is, brings up charges that are deemed worthy of removal; that is indicts the person - and the Senate then has a trial over those charges. Andrew Johnson was the other president to be impeached. But like Clinton he was acquitted by the Senate (by one vote).

Most people think the same will happen hear since the Republicans control the Senate and it will be difficult to find 20 votes to convict (conviction requires 2/3s vote).

Thanks for correcting me Steve, I should have researched and not relied on memory......not sure what is the scarier outcome in this instance.