Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Hypothetical  (Read 10838 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Hypothetical
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2019, 11:09:10 PM »
Advertisement
"In the event of war, I would kill any American who put a uniform on in defense of the American government--any American."
               - Lee Harvey Oswald, letter to his brother

"Lee was sick...he didn't know who he was."
                 - Marina Oswald

Imagine looking out your window and seeing your next door neighbor doing this? Having his pregnant wife photograph him? This is an unstable person. Who does he think he is?

Imagine looking out your window and seeing your next door neighbor carrying a 34.8" pipe-like device at his side, with 24" & 27" clearly marked, and demonstrating a variety of profiles showing how an individual can easily minimize said profiles. Who does this guy think he is? Some LNer trying to disprove a WC claim?

Edit: Corrected 32.8"
6:56 EST
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 11:58:30 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2019, 11:09:10 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2019, 11:25:11 PM »
Imagine looking out your window and seeing your next door neighbor carrying a 32.8" pipe-like device at his side, with 24" & 27" clearly marked, and demonstrating a variety of profiles showing how an individual can easily minimize said profiles. Who does this guy think he is? Some LNer trying to disprove a WC claim?

So now your alleged pipelike device has shrunk to 32.8 inches.  You're making this up as you go along!

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2019, 11:43:11 PM »
So now your alleged pipelike device has shrunk to 32.8 inches.  You're making this up as you go along!

My neighbor estimated the smaller size...

But good catch, TypoSuckJohnny. The actual length of my device is 34.6" to be 100% accurate. Now there's your chance to quibble over the difference between 34.8" and my device length of 34.6"
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 11:52:39 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2019, 11:43:11 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2019, 07:04:01 AM »
Hypothetically, how would a criminal trial jury have regarded Ms. Randall's testimony, "supported by" these images?
IOW, what are some of you posters even speculating about?

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/randlelm.htm

……Mr. BALL. Did you see Lee?
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes, I did.
Mr. BALL. Where did you see him?
Mrs. RANDLE. I saw him as he crossed the street and come across my driveway to where Wesley had his car parked by the carport.
Mr. BALL. What street did he cross to go over?
Mrs. RANDLE. He crossed Westbrook.
Mr. BALL. And you saw him walking along, did you?
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Was he carrying any package?
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes; he was.
Mr. BALL. What was he carrying?
Mrs. RANDLE. He was carrying a package in a sort of a heavy brown bag, heavier than a grocery bag it looked to me. It was about, if I might measure, about this long, I suppose, and he carried it in his right hand, had the top sort of folded down and had a grip like this, and the bottom, he carried it this way, you know, and it almost touched the ground as he carried it.
Mr. BALL. Let me see. He carried it in his right hand, did he?
Mrs. RANDLE. That is right.
Mr. BALL. And where was his hand gripping the middle of the package?
Mrs. RANDLE. No, sir; the top with just a little bit sticking up. You know just like you grab something like that.
Mr. BALL. And he was grabbing it with his right hand at the top of the package and the package almost touched the ground?
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. He walked over to your house, did he?
Mrs. RANDLE. Well, I saw him as he started crossing the street. Where he come from then I couldn't say.
Mr. BALL. You don't know where he went from that?
Mrs. RANDLE. Where he went?
Mr. BALL. Did you see him go to the car?
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes.
Mr. BALL. What did he do?
Mrs. RANDLE. He opened the right back door and I just saw that he was laying the package down so I closed the door. I didn't recognize him as he walked across my carport and I at that moment I wondered who was fixing to come to my back door so I opened the door slightly and saw that it--I assumed he was getting in the car but he didn't, so he come back and stood on the driveway.
Mr. BALL. He put the package in the car.
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes, sir; I don't know if he put it on the seat or on the floor but I just know he put it in the back. ...

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/randlelm.htm

…Mr. BALL. I have one question, Mr. Chief Justice.
You used an expression there, that the bag appeared heavy.
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. You meant that there was some weight appeared to--
Mrs. RANDLE. To the bottom.
Mr. BALL. To the bottom?
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes. It tapered like this as he hugged it in his hand. It was more bulky toward the bottom than it was this way.
Mr. BELIN. Toward the top? More bulky toward the bottom than toward the top?
Mrs. RANDLE. That is right.
Mr. BALL. I have no further questions.
Senator COOPER. On that point--did you see Lee Oswald place the package in the automobile?
Mrs. RANDLE. In the automobile. I do not know if he put it on the seat or on the floor.
Senator COOPER. I mean did you see him throw open the. door?
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes, sir.
Senator COOPER. When he placed the package in there do you remember whether he used one hand or two?
Mrs. RANDLE. No; because I only opened the door briefly and what made me establish the door on Wesley's car, it is an old car and that door, the window is broken and everything and it is hard to close, so that cinched in my mind which door it was, too. But it was only briefly that I looked.
Mr. JENNER. Mr. Chief Justice, could I ask--how far away were you? You were at the kitchen door and the automobile was in the driveway, what was the distance between yourself and Mr. Oswald?
Mrs. RANDLE. Sir, I don't know. The carport will take care of two cars, and then Wesley's car was on the other side of the carport so that would be three car lengths plus in between space.
Mr. JENNER. Car widths?
Mrs. RANDLE. Car widths, excuse me.

Mr. JENNER. Was it a light day?
Mrs. RANDLE. It was sort of cloudy, but there wasn't any--I mean it wasn't dark or anything like that.
Mr. JENNER. Would you be good enough as you can recall--can you recall what the fabric of the jacket was that Mr. Oswald had on this morning, was it twill or wool or gabardine? Cotton?
Mrs. RANDLE. Probably cotton or gabardine, something like that that would repel water probably, and that is just my own opinion.
Mr. JENNER. That is your present recollection?
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes, sir. …..
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 07:11:38 AM by Tom Scully »