Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Those Front Steps  (Read 138356 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Re: Those Front Steps
« Reply #1152 on: May 30, 2020, 12:12:32 PM »
Advertisement
Now!

Mr Lovelady had very good reason to invent a post-shots excursion away from the front steps!

From Mr James Jarman's HSCA interview:

"Well, there was a billy love lady standing out there, he was on the steps, see... And, Oswald was coming out the door and he (= Mr Lovelady!) said the police had stopped Oswald and sent him back in the building, billy love lady said that Mr. Tru(l)y told the policeman that Oswald was alright, that he worked there, so Oswald walked on down the stairs."

Mr Lovelady witnessed the real encounter involving Mr Oswald, Officer Baker and Mr Truly---------------the one that happened not in the second floor lunchroom (~60-90 secs after last shot) but at the front entrance (~30 secs after last shot).

Officer Baker was simply asking Mr Oswald if he worked there as he was seeking guidance to the nearest stairs... then Mr Truly stepped up and said 'I'll help you, officer'. This was later dramatized (i.e. completely distorted!) by DPD as Officer Baker challenging Mr Oswald... and then Mr Truly vouching for his employee. No such thing! And-------of course--------even that dramatic version had to be dropped like a hot potato as soon as folks worked out the location gave Mr Oswald an alibi all on its own because of the speed of Officer Baker's run to the steps of the building. Cue........ The Lunchroom Fiction!

Mr Harry Holmes----------------in his WC testimony--------------gave a somewhat garbled version of what Mr Oswald said about the real incident at the front entrance, but at least he did get the location and the nature of the exchange correct:

Mr. BELIN. By the way, where did this policeman stop him when he was coming down the stairs at the Book Depository on the day of the shooting?
Mr. HOLMES. He said it was in the vestibule.
Mr. BELIN. He said he was in the vestibule?
Mr. HOLMES. Or approaching the door to the vestibule. He was just coming, apparently, and I have never been in there myself. Apparently there is two sets of doors, and he had come out to this front part.
Mr. BELIN. Did he state it was on what floor?
Mr. HOLMES. First floor. The front entrance to the first floor.

It seems Mr Oswald lingered in the front entrance/vestibule area, as he soon after this gave directions to another man seeking guidance (this time to the nearest telephone).

This makes it highly improbable that our friend Mr Shelley did not cross paths with Mr Oswald when he (Mr Shelley) reentered the building

-----------------------> Another fine reason to invent a trip to the railroad yards. 'Hey Billy, let's say we went west together!' 'Great idea, Bill!'

CONCLUSION:
Neither Mr Lovelady nor Mr Shelley went far from those steps in the immediate aftermath of the assassination. Why did they lie after their initial truthful same-day statements? Why did they invent an excursion to the railroad yard? Because Mr Oswald didn't go far from those steps either!

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1152 on: May 30, 2020, 12:12:32 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1153 on: May 30, 2020, 02:53:41 PM »
Alan, there is zero evidence (and I mean ZERO) that the figure pointed to by your orange arrow is Gloria Calvery.

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #1154 on: May 30, 2020, 05:42:55 PM »
Alan, there is zero evidence (and I mean ZERO) that the figure pointed to by your orange arrow is Gloria Calvery.

That's right, Alan.

As Iacoletti so astutely pointed out on another thread or two back in the day, Karen Westwood  must have been right

(AFTER ALL, SHE WAS THERE!!!)

... when she identified her headscarf-wearing self next to the Stemmons sign in Zapruder, and her friend and colleague Gloria Calvery to her immediate left, and "uhh ... probably (strangely dark-complected) Carol Reed" ... to HER immediate left, uhh ... from behind, at some distance from Zapruder's camera, and some fifty years after the event, to good ol' noddin'- and-smilin' Stephen Fagin and his appreciative audience (Hmm ... did he coach her beforehand?) -------------

SO! -------------- that largish woman wearing the black top and black headscarf in Darnell couldn't possibly be Gloria Calvery, especially since those three women (Stella Mae Jacob, Gloria Holt and Sharon Simmons) on the Pergola Patio a couple of minutes after the assassination in Towner couldn't possibly be confused with the three women standing next to the Stemmons sign in Zapruder because it's pretty dang obvious they aren't women at all! ... just three dudes ... on a cool and blustery late November day ... during a presidential motorcade ... in truly conservative Dallas ...Texas.

------------- Or could she?

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/25790-the-identification-of-gloria-calvery-in-zapruder-and-darnell/

LOL

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 07:47:24 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1154 on: May 30, 2020, 05:42:55 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1155 on: May 30, 2020, 11:03:39 PM »

I think that might be overstating the case, Mr Iacoletti, though I'm open to persuasion!

I guess a lot hangs on the I.D. of Mr Lovelady in Darnell. It looks an awful lot like him IMO (though the checked look of the shirt in this frame is an image artefact!)-------------

---> cf. WIEGMAN:

If that is indeed him, then

a) it's nice to see him without an absurd fake shadow down his right side like in Wiegman!

b) it greatly increases the likelihood that the woman facing him is Ms Calvery. It's hardly fanciful to assume that this woman is talking with him-------------and, given that this is so soon (~25-30 secs?) after the last shot, one has to ask how many women would have come to the steps and spoken to him before Ms Calvery did? He does single her out in his (admittedly lie-strewn!) testimony.

I also think her attire is impressively consistent with this woman's in the Zapruder film, and the woman in white beside her at the steps looks like a strong match for the woman next-but-one to her in Zapruder:

'Ms Calvery' in Zapruder is in short sleeves------------

------------as is 'Ms Calvery' in Darnell (her left hand is on the column).

I don't think it's a coincidence that the woman in Zapruder when seen from the front (in Betzner)-----------

-----------offers easily the closest match facially yet found in that part of Dealey Plaza to known images of Ms Calvery------------

Thumb1:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 11:26:16 PM by Alan Ford »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1156 on: May 31, 2020, 02:13:27 PM »
I also think her attire is impressively consistent with this woman's in the Zapruder film,

What exactly do you find so “impressively consistent”? And when did Lovelady say that Calvery climbed the steps and talked to him face-to-face?

Karen Westbrook said that she and Calvery were farther down the street than your Zapruder person.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 02:19:05 PM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1156 on: May 31, 2020, 02:13:27 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #1157 on: May 31, 2020, 03:57:40 PM »
I think that might be overstating the case, Mr Iacoletti, though I'm open to persuasion!

I guess a lot hangs on the I.D. of Mr Lovelady in Darnell. It looks an awful lot like him IMO (though the checked look of the shirt in this frame is an image artefact!)-------------

---> cf. WIEGMAN:

If that is indeed him, then

a) it's nice to see him without an absurd fake shadow down his right side like in Wiegman!

b) it greatly increases the likelihood that the woman facing him is Ms Calvery. It's hardly fanciful to assume that this woman is talking with him-------------and, given that this is so soon (~25-30 secs?) after the last shot, one has to ask how many women would have come to the steps and spoken to him before Ms Calvery did? He does single her out in his (admittedly lie-strewn!) testimony.

I also think her attire is impressively consistent with this woman's in the Zapruder film, and the woman in white beside her at the steps looks like a strong match for the woman next-but-one to her in Zapruder:

'Ms Calvery' in Zapruder is in short sleeves------------

------------as is 'Ms Calvery' in Darnell (her left hand is on the column).

I don't think it's a coincidence that the woman in Zapruder when seen from the front (in Betzner)-----------

-----------offers easily the closest match facially yet found in that part of Dealey Plaza to known images of Ms Calvery------------

Thumb1:

Point out, in detail, where the facial features of Orange Arrow Lady prove your contention

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1158 on: May 31, 2020, 05:11:55 PM »
What exactly do you find so “impressively consistent”?

Dark top + lighter scarf + much lighter skirt + sleeveless. Body shape also!

And when did Lovelady say that Calvery climbed the steps and talked to him face-to-face?

He said she came running up to the steps and they had an exchange---------

Mr. BALL - When Gloria came up and said the President had been shot, Gloria Calvary, what did you do?
Mr. LOVELADY - Well, I asked who told her.

What we see in Darnell matches that description (with the exception of one thing: Mr Shelley was not there!). Why would we expect Mr Lovelady to describe Ms Calvery's further actions? They were irrelevant to his testimony.

Karen Westbrook said that she and Calvery were farther down the street than your Zapruder person.

She may simply be misremembering. Have any other credible candidates for Ms. Westbrook & Ms. Calvery from farther down the street been found?

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1158 on: May 31, 2020, 05:11:55 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1159 on: May 31, 2020, 05:13:39 PM »
Point out, in detail, where the facial features of Orange Arrow Lady prove your contention

:D

Where did I say anything about the facial features of Orange Arrow Lady? You really are dumb as a rock, Mr Chapman!