Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Those Front Steps  (Read 137070 times)

Online Royell Storing

Re: Those Front Steps
« Reply #1080 on: March 06, 2020, 10:17:50 PM »
Advertisement
NB------------Mr Shelley's first on-the-record statement (11/22/63) has him running out (no Lovelady) and bumping into Ms Gloria Calvery. He changed his story for the WC!

Specifically what 11/22/63 "on-the-record-statement" are You attributing to Shelley?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1080 on: March 06, 2020, 10:17:50 PM »

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #1081 on: March 07, 2020, 12:10:43 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #1082 on: March 11, 2020, 10:46:20 PM »
---------------Mr Oswald told the truth in custody when he claimed to have gone 'out to watch the P. parade' after eating his lunch

Truth or otherwise ...if Oswald stated that, then------
Postal Inspector Harry Holmes must have lied because he testified to something quite a bit different...
His questioning stunt was just right before the transfer took place.
Mr. BELIN. Did anyone say anything about Oswald saying anything about his leaving the Texas School Book Depository after the shooting?
Mr. HOLMES. He said, as I remember, actually, in answer to questions there, he mentioned that when lunchtime came, one of the Negro employees asked him if. he would like to sit and each lunch with him, and he said, "Yes, but I can't go right now." He said, "You go and take the elevator on down." No, he said, "You go ahead, but send the elevator back up."
**He didn't say up where, and he didn't mention what floor he was on. Nobody seemed to ask him.
You see, I assumed that obvious questions like that had been asked in previous interrogation. So I didn't interrupt too much, but he said, "Send the elevator back up to me."
Then he said when all this commotion started, "I just went on downstairs." And he didn't say whether he took the elevator or not. He said, "I went down, and as I started to go out and see what it was all about, a police officer stopped me just before I got to the front door, and started to ask me some questions, and my superintendent of the place stepped up and told the officers that I am one of the employees of the building, so he told me to step aside for a little bit and we will get to you later. Then I just went on out in the crowd to see what it was all about."
And he wouldn't tell what happened then.
Mr. BELIN. Did he say where he was at the time of the shooting?
Mr. HOLMES. He just said he was still up in the building when the commotion-- he kind of----
Mr. BELIN. Did he gesture with his hands, do you remember?
Mr. HOLMES. He talked with his hands all the time. He was handcuffed,
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/holmes1.htm

Why didn't Belin  press on with "Did he say where he was"? Why did he give a crap if Oswald gestured with his hands?
There is no testimony that I can find that corroborates Holmes' testimony at these points.
Who else was there.....Fritz? Who else.
Add this to Holmes' lie about Oswald admitting that he [Oswald] did go to Mexico City when three other lawmen [Capt Fritz, SA Bookhout, and SA Hosty] stated that Lee denied that trip during the same interrogation. 
**"He didn't say up where, and he didn't mention what floor he was on. Nobody seemed to ask him."
Why didn't inspector Holmes ask?
Also, why all this impromptu questioning right before the scheduled transfer? I wonder... if no one else does :-\

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1082 on: March 11, 2020, 10:46:20 PM »

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #1083 on: March 26, 2020, 03:30:22 AM »
Holmes' lie about Oswald admitting that he [Oswald] did go to Mexico City when three other lawmen [Capt Fritz, SA Bookhout, and SA Hosty] stated that Lee denied that trip during the same interrogation.  Why didn't inspector Holmes ask?
Also, why all this impromptu questioning right before the scheduled transfer? I wonder... if no one else does :-\

Its a fair point. Did they really need to hold up the transfer as long as they did just go over old ground in the questioning they had already covered in the previous 10 hours of questioning?

Maybe Holmes should have gone to church like he was supposed to that morning.

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1084 on: May 04, 2020, 02:12:47 AM »
I checked to see if this impossible shadow is still running down Mr Lovelady's side---------------------

--------------------and whaddaya know, it's the darnedest thing: it's still there, in all its magical impossible glory!

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1084 on: May 04, 2020, 02:12:47 AM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #1085 on: May 04, 2020, 10:41:22 AM »
I checked to see if this impossible shadow is still running down Mr Lovelady's side---------------------

--------------------and whaddaya know, it's the darnedest thing: it's still there, in all its magical impossible glory!

Thumb1:

Did you expect the sun subsequently to go behind a cloud?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 10:59:03 AM by Ray Mitcham »

Offline Nicholas Turner

« Reply #1086 on: May 04, 2020, 10:46:17 AM »

Thumb1:

Why is it impossible?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1086 on: May 04, 2020, 10:46:17 AM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #1087 on: May 04, 2020, 11:00:00 AM »
Why is it impossible?
Oh Nicholas don't start him off again. Read the first 20 or so pages of this subject for his ideas.