Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Does anyone know the TSBD payroll procedures at the time? Was payday Friday?  (Read 2857 times)

Offline Dan DAlimonte

Advertisement
Maybe he thought it gave him the best chance to "get lucky" with her for the last time. He must have thought of it late though, likely some time after 11pm.

Good point.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Colin Crow

Good point.

What are your thoughts regarding the money? I have derailed you somewhat.

Offline Dan DAlimonte

Re: Does anyone know the TSBD payroll procedures at the time? Was payday Friday?
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2019, 01:50:06 AM »
What are your thoughts regarding the money? I have derailed you somewhat.

Don't worry about that.  Well, there's a few scenarios which could take place
possibly supporting one side or the other.

IF - he did get his check that morning - and I do hope your recollection is correct -
what happened to it?  Nothing would please me more than he endorsed it at the bank during his lunch
or after the chaos.  Can you imagine?  If not  .... did he ditch it because the name of his workplace was present
and he was indeed on the run?  You see what I mean.

JFK Assassination Forum

Re: Does anyone know the TSBD payroll procedures at the time? Was payday Friday?
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2019, 01:50:06 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2019, 02:04:14 AM »
I believe that payday was earlier in the week Dan. I would need to refresh my memory. The thing is, he had not seen Marina for nearly two weeks. Presumably he deposited the bulk of his cash with her after arriving at the Paine’s on Thursday the 21st. He then left on the Friday morning with the balance and the MC according to the WR.

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2019, 02:25:54 AM »
From Truly.....

"So I told him if he would come to work on the morning of the 16th, it was the beginning of a new pay period. So he filled out his withholding slip, with the exception of the number of dependents…

The 16th of October 1963 was a Wednesday so it seems that payday was a Tuesday. By not seeing Marina on the previous weekend he would have accumulated 2 weeks pay over that period. He must have taken it to work with him on the Thursday morning.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2019, 02:25:54 AM »

Offline Dan DAlimonte

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2019, 02:51:26 AM »
From Truly.....

"So I told him if he would come to work on the morning of the 16th, it was the beginning of a new pay period. So he filled out his withholding slip, with the exception of the number of dependents…

The 16th of October 1963 was a Wednesday so it seems that payday was a Tuesday. By not seeing Marina on the previous weekend he would have accumulated 2 weeks pay over that period. He must have taken it to work with him on the Thursday morning.

Thanks Colin.  You can tell I always bet on the long shots at the racetrack.  Here the odds were 5 to 1 and I still lost.  Sean's input
did show a last payment to Marina on December 03, 1963 which was also a Tuesday.  Now the question that comes up is - Did Lee
ever keep money in the bank?  He seems like he cashed his check every week esp to leave Marina $170.00 on that Thursday morning. 

Thanks to the both of you.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 02:57:02 AM by Dan DAlimonte »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2019, 03:05:33 AM »
Thanks Colin.  You can tell I always bet on the long shots at the racetrack.  Here the odds were 5 to 1 and I still lost.  Sean's input
did show a last payment to Marina on December 03, 1963 which was also a Tuesday.  Now the question that comes up is - Did Lee
ever keep money in the bank?  He seems like he cashed his check every week esp to leave Marina $170.00 on that Thursday morning. 

Thanks to the both of you.

I suggest he did not use a bank. I do not know of any records that indicate he did. Being a "commie" and all.  ;)

It would seem there were two locations to keep his cash before the Thursday visit, the North Beckley rooming house or in his pocket. I suggest the latter is more likely. Once at the Paine's I believe he would normally leave all but weekly living expenses with Marina. Someone might know more or be able to correct these assumptions.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2019, 03:05:33 AM »

Offline Dan DAlimonte

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2019, 05:22:17 AM »
I suggest he did not use a bank. I do not know of any records that indicate he did. Being a "commie" and all.  ;)

It would seem there were two locations to keep his cash before the Thursday visit, the North Beckley rooming house or in his pocket. I suggest the latter is more likely. Once at the Paine's I believe he would normally leave all but weekly living expenses with Marina. Someone might know more or be able to correct these assumptions.

Yeah, your suggestion does seem to be right, Colin.  No banks for Lee for his $.  Either on his person or his rooming house.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 04:37:15 PM by Dan DAlimonte »