Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The "Domino Room Alibi"  (Read 73033 times)

Offline Alan Hardaker

Re: The "Domino Room Alibi"
« Reply #376 on: September 24, 2019, 01:44:00 PM »
Advertisement

You don't know if he was on the 6th floor

What about the yahoo on the 5th floor who said he heard casings hitting the ground.

Would a person who says he heard casings striking the ground but then say he did not hear a person racing down the stairwell have a case of selective hearing?

Or would an alleged shooter let 3 casings be heard hitting the ground but then race across the 6th floor and down the stairs selectively avoid detection?

That's not a relevant point is it.Three on the 5th floor who were directly under the gunman could hardly NOT hear the shootings etc. . And it hadn't produced the mayhem in the street..that happened a second or so...AFTER the final shot. So the correlation between the 3 on the 5th hearing the shells drop etc and hearing somebody decend the stairs is not a plausible argument.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #376 on: September 24, 2019, 01:44:00 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #377 on: September 24, 2019, 02:24:10 PM »
That's not a relevant point is it.Three on the 5th floor who were directly under the gunman could hardly NOT hear the shootings etc. . And it hadn't produced the mayhem in the street..that happened a second or so...AFTER the final shot. So the correlation between the 3 on the 5th hearing the shells drop etc and hearing somebody decend the stairs is not a plausible argument.

As much as I don’t wish to derail the thread. The same three apparently did not hear Truly call for the elevator gates to be closed or someone take the west elevator down just after that  while they were in the SW corner.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #378 on: September 24, 2019, 03:43:52 PM »
Well.....come on LN's

Anyone have any evidence to back David's "better chronology"?

Rowland clearly places the timing of the gunman on the 6th floor at about1 2.15pm.

Mr. SPECTER - When, after you first observed him did you have a conversation about him with your wife?
Mr. ROWLAND - Right afterwards. There was--just before I observed him there was a police motorcycle parked just on the street, not in front of us, just a little past us, and the radio was on it giving the details of the motorcade, where it was positioned, and right after the time I noticed him and when my wife was pointing this other thing to me, I don't remember what that was, the dispatcher came on and gave the position of the motorcade as being on Cedar Springs. This would be in the area of Turtle Creek, down in that area.

A timeline of the Presidential Motorcade taken from Dallas Police Radio logs indicates the The Motorcade got to Turtle Creek at 12.14 and Cedar Springs at 12.16pm.

Now some Harold Norman....

AFFIDAVIT
State of Texas
County of Dallas
City of Dallas
I Harold Norman, wish to make the following statement to Special Agents William Carter and Arthur W. Blake, United States Secret Service.
I am 25 years of age, and I live at 4858 Beulah Street, Dallas, Texas. I do not have a telephone at my residence. I have been employed as an order filler at the Texas School Book Depository, 411 Elm Street, Dallas, Texas for about three years.
I was acquainted with Lee Oswald during the time that he was employed at this company, but I never did get to know him well. I have spoken to him briefly to say "Hello" or in connection with my work, but I never carried on any conversations with him. He did not mix with the employees and did not appear to want to make friends with me or any of the others. I never saw him at any time other than in the building at work.
On the 22nd of November, 1963, to the best of my memory, the last time I saw him was about 10:00 A.M. when we were both working on the first floor of the building. I did not speak to him at that time.
About 12:15 P.M. on this same date, after I had eaten my lunch, I went to the fifth floor of the building to watch the parade of the President pass the building. Bonnie Ray Williams and James Jarman, who also worked at this building went with me. We took a position in the south-east corner of the building on the fifth floor and I was looking out the window which is closest to the east end of the building overlooking Elm Street.
Just after the President passed by, I heard a shot and several seconds later I heard two more shots. I knew that the shots had come from directly above me, and I could hear the expended cartridges fall to the floor. I also could hear the bolt action of the rifle. I saw some dust fall from the ceiling of the fifth floor and I felt sure that whoever had fired the shots was directly above me. I saw all of the people down on the street rut towards the west side of the building, so I went to that side with Williams and Jarman, and looked out the west side window. We discussed the shots, and where they had come from and decided we better go down stairs. We walked down the stairs to the first floor and did not see anyone else on the stairway as we went down. From the time of the shots until we started down-stairs was about five minutes.
I have read over the above statement and it is the truth to the best of my knowledge.
/s/Harold Norman
Harold Norman
Subscribed and sworn to before me this 4th day of December, 1963.
s/William N. Carter
William N. Carter, Special Agent U.S. Secret Service

A few more days pass and still nada from any LN to support the notion that the gunman was sighted after the arrival of Jarman and Norman on the 5th floor.

I propose we all agree that the evidence submitted so far supports their arrival after Rowland saw the gunman in the SW window of the 6th floor of the TSBD. Particularly as it relates to the original post.

I propose we all agree that the evidence submitted so far supports their arrival after Rowland saw the gunman in the SW window of the 6th floor of the TSBD. Particularly as it relates to the original post.

I'll second that motion Colin.....   The evidence and testimonies of the witnesses clearly support Rowland's statement that he saw the armed "Security Guard" who was dressed in light colored khaki clothing, behind a sixth floor window at about 12:15.   Jarman and Norman arrived on the fifth floor at about 12:28....so they passed through the first floor shipping room at about 12:26 / 12:27 ....And Lee Oswald saw them as they walked by.

Lee told Capt Fritz that he was in the Domino Room when the President passed by the TSBD....  And I believe that he was, It's not logical to believe that he could have been in the Domino Room at 12:27 and then been on the sixth floor firing a rifle at 12:30.....In fact the idea that he could be calmly eating his lunch at 12:27
 ( instead of preparing to murder the President)  is totally irrational.....  considering the tale that he's plotted for months to murder the President.     

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #378 on: September 24, 2019, 03:43:52 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #379 on: September 24, 2019, 06:57:51 PM »
Oswald told Capt Fritz that he was in the Domino Room when the President passed by the TSBD....  And I believe that he was. It's not logical to believe that he could have been in the Domino Room at 12:27 and then been on the sixth floor firing a rifle at 12:30.

12:31, wasn't it?

Maybe he was having his "Prince of Denmark Moment," and decided at the last moment to ... gulp ... BE.

Walk:

--  MWT    ;)

PS  Besides, he'd already finished eating his cheese sandwich.  LOL

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 07:03:27 PM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #380 on: September 24, 2019, 09:09:38 PM »
a) you haven’t demonstrated squat
b) there’s no need to “debunk” you. Randle already has.

“In accordance with Mrs Randle’s observations”.

The bag you allegedly measured was on your estimation of a bag you never even saw. Randle wins.

I didn't measure any bag. My measurements deal with the 24/27/34.8" package-length claims; and the winner to the 'Land of Almost Touching the Ground' is the 34.8" length... and by a good deal more than a nose, I might add.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 09:20:56 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #380 on: September 24, 2019, 09:09:38 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #381 on: September 24, 2019, 10:01:28 PM »
I didn't measure any bag. My measurements deal with the 24/27/34.8" package-length claims; and the winner to the 'Land of Almost Touching the Ground' is the 34.8" length... and by a good deal more than a nose, I might add.

How could you possibly know what measurement met your arbitrary standard of what "almost touching the ground" means if you didn't measure any bag?  How did you know it was 34.8 inches?

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #382 on: September 25, 2019, 02:49:08 AM »
How could you possibly know what measurement met your arbitrary standard of what "almost touching the ground" means if you didn't measure any bag?  How did you know it was 34.8 inches?

John,

Couldn't he have held a tape measure or a yardstick instead of makin' hisself a buncha different-length bags?

--  MWT  ;)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #382 on: September 25, 2019, 02:49:08 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #383 on: September 25, 2019, 05:10:55 AM »

I'm not claiming a bag length. Others have estimated lengths. My tests concern the distant to the ground available for each claimed size... including a broken-down Carcano 34.8" length.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 05:31:05 AM by Bill Chapman »