Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The "Domino Room Alibi"  (Read 73047 times)

Online David Von Pein

Re: The "Domino Room Alibi"
« Reply #248 on: September 21, 2019, 12:43:04 AM »
Advertisement
And yet Oswald was able to “assure hisself that he hit his mark”, slowly step down out of sight, wipe the rifle down, hide the rifle, move a box over the top of the gap, and then make it down 8 staircases and landings without being seen or heard by 12 or so people along the way, all in 75-90 seconds.

Yep. He sure did. It can be done in under one minute. The HSCA (at a "running" pace) was able to get from the SN on the sixth floor to the 2nd-floor lunchroom in only 46 seconds. [See HSCA Record 180-10115-10004, dated September 19, 1977, pages 11 and 12.]

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #248 on: September 21, 2019, 12:43:04 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #249 on: September 21, 2019, 12:47:02 AM »
In those old clunky freight elevators? I have no idea. But probably longer than you or Walt think.

Previous analysis showed about 10 seconds per floor.

Offline Alan Hardaker

« Reply #250 on: September 21, 2019, 12:48:57 AM »
And yet Oswald was able to “assure hisself that he hit his mark”, slowly step down out of sight, wipe the rifle down, hide the rifle, move a box over the top of the gap, and then make it down 8 staircases and landings without being seen or heard by 12 or so people along the way, all in 75-90 seconds.

If the room height is 2800mm.Then it is normally 14 steps.In the TSBD the stairwell was I believe split into two sets of 6/7 steps, going from one floor to the next.This was common in public building and is often built that way for safety reasons. So that in this case the 8 staircases you are referring to is 8 sets of 6/7 steps.

A fit and agile person could decend these steps in 20/30 seconds quite easily. I can skip down 14 steps in under 5 seconds without to much bother.So I suggest your post was a tad misleading as it is only the 20/30 seconds Oswald needed to avoid the other TSBD employees.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 12:52:18 AM by Alan Hardaker »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #250 on: September 21, 2019, 12:48:57 AM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #251 on: September 21, 2019, 12:57:14 AM »
Yep. He sure did. It can be done in under one minute. The HSCA (at a "running" pace) was able to get from the SN on the sixth floor to the 2nd-floor lunchroom in only 46 seconds. [See HSCA Record 180-10115-10004, dated September 19, 1977, pages 11 and 12.]

If Oswald had descended from the 6th floor intending to exit the TSBD, he would have used the other door inside the vestibule. That other door would have placed him in a hallway which led to the 2nd Floor stairs near the TSBD front door. Oswald could have remained in motion, gone down the hallway, descended the stairs, and walked right out the TSBD front door. His allegedly choosing to corner himself inside the 2nd floor Lunch Room makes absolutely no sense.

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #252 on: September 21, 2019, 01:02:46 AM »
For David....The importance of the Belknap seizure as a timestamp.

Mr. SPECTER - Mr. Rowland, will you recount as precisely and as specifically as you can, the exact conversation between you and your wife from the time you first noticed this man until your conversation about the man concluded, indicating what you said and what she said in language as closely as you can recollect it.
Mr. ROWLAND - That is a whopper.
I am almost sure I told her or asked her, did she want to see a Secret Service agent. She said, "Where," and I said, "In the building there," and at that time she told me to look--I remember what she was looking at. Right directly across from us in this plaza in front of the pond there was a colored boy that had an epileptic fit or something of this type right then, and she pointed this out to me and there were a couple of officers there and a few moments later they called an ambulance, this is what she told me to look at then, and we looked at this for a short period of time, and then I told her to look in the building, the second floor from the top and on that end, the two open windows, is I think what I said, and I said, "He is not there now."

Rowland explained that his wife Barbara was watching a man having a seizure across the road. The man's name was Jerry Belknap. They watched it for a minute or so and only then looked for the gunman. Barbara (or Arnold) did not look immediately to the SW window and perhaps a minute or so he was gone from that position. The call from police at the scene to dispatch over the police radio was placed between 12.18 and 12.19, likely closer to the latter. Dispatch contacts ambulance (606) who is at Harwood and Cedar Springs at 12.20, about 1 mile from Elm and Houston. The ambulance reported they were on the scene at 12.24 and then on their way to Parkland after 12.25.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #252 on: September 21, 2019, 01:02:46 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #253 on: September 21, 2019, 01:03:31 AM »
Previous analysis showed about 10 seconds per floor.

Thanks, Colin..... IOW....It took Jarman and Norman approximately 50 seconds to go from the first floor to fifth floor.    Which means they were on the first floor at about 12:27 or 12:26....  ( Jarman said they arrived on the fifth floor at 12:28 and just a couple of minutes before the motorcade arrived. ) 

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #254 on: September 21, 2019, 01:05:57 AM »
     If Oswald had descended from the 6th floor intending to exit the TSBD, he would have used the other door inside the vestibule. That other door would have placed him in a hallway which led to the 2nd Floor stairs near the TSBD front door. Oswald could have remained in motion, gone down the hallway, descended the stairs, and walked right out the TSBD front door. His allegedly choosing to corner himself inside the 2nd floor Lunch Room makes absolutely no sense.

An Astute observation!!....   I completely agree Royell.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #254 on: September 21, 2019, 01:05:57 AM »

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #255 on: September 21, 2019, 01:06:41 AM »
To Colin....

Okay. Thanks for the info re: Belknap.