Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The "Domino Room Alibi"  (Read 73110 times)

Online David Von Pein

Re: The "Domino Room Alibi"
« Reply #168 on: September 15, 2019, 03:17:23 AM »
Advertisement
Oswald was no dummy, and his brazenly claiming that he had seen "Junior" and another Negro walking through the first floor while he was (not) having lunch in the D.R. was pretty clever of him, imho.

If Jarman and Norman were noisy (laughing, yelling) on the fifth floor while waiting for the motorcade to come by, Oswald in his sixth floor sniper's nest could have heard them and recognized their voices (at least Junior's), and intuited that they must have recently walked through the first floor to get there, and maybe even walked by the D.R. in doing so.

So, in your opinion then, Oswald must have never claimed to have actually HAD LUNCH with Jarman and/or Norman, correct? You think Oswald ONLY told the police that he had seen J&N walk past the area of the Domino Room. Is that correct, Thomas?

BTW, have you flipped sides entirely since I conversed with you at the EF a few years back? As I recall, you were firmly in the "CT" camp. Or have I gone completely nuts tonight and I'm misremembering which side of the JFK debate you've always been on?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #168 on: September 15, 2019, 03:17:23 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #169 on: September 15, 2019, 03:46:58 AM »
So, in your opinion then, Oswald must have never claimed to have actually HAD LUNCH with Jarman and/or Norman, correct? You think Oswald ONLY told the police that he had seen J&N walk past the area of the Domino Room. Is that correct, Thomas?

BTW, have you flipped sides entirely since I conversed with you at the EF a few years back? As I recall, you were firmly in the "CT" camp. Or have I gone completely nuts tonight and I'm misremembering which side of the JFK debate you've always been on?

David,

Yes. Am I missing something? Evidently Bookhout wrote down that Oswald said he saw Junior and another Negro walking through the "room" while he was eating his lunch in the D.R. We all know that the D.R. had only one door (didn't it?), but maybe Bookhout didn't realize that.  Oswald's claiming he'd seen Junior and the other guy on the first floor "room" from inside the D.R. that lunchtime would seemingly place Oswald there (inside the D.R.) without the messy stipulation or implication that they must have seen him "in there".

Yes, having read Epstein's Legend, and (LNer) Tennent H. Bagley's book Spy Wars, etc, I've come to the conclusion that True Marxist Oswald was fed up with both the Soviet and American systems, and possibly fed up with being used as a pawn by both the KGB and the CIA and the KGB (sic), and decided to take matters into his own hands and assassinate a charismatic liberal but anti-Communist president who was selling anti-Communism to the Third World.  Why might he do that? So that Lyndon Johnson could come in to power, and the resulting conflicts he would get us involved in would serve to advance and speed up the "Dialectic of History," or whatever it's called.

Either that, or Oswald was trained/programmed while living in the USSR, and Khrushchev got cold feet at the last minute and was unable to call off the mission. That's basically what Ion Pacepa says in Programmed to Kill, and it seems to me that it ties in with elements of Richard Russell's The man Who Knew Too Much and the fact that true defector Anatoliy Golitsyn warned a couple of years before the assassination that the KGB was planning to assassinate a (unknown to him) Western political leader.

--  MWT   ;)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 04:36:51 AM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #170 on: September 15, 2019, 03:54:28 AM »

The absurdity of the whole premise lies with the idea that someone or anyone knew almost precisely when the motorcade would pass through Dealey Plaza.
Actually no one did... Except perhaps persons with two-way radios that kept close surveillance of the motorcade.
In fact...according to the schedule timeline, the President was due to arrive at the Dallas Trade Mart at 12:30 CST [the time of the shooting] so would that not mean that any shooter or shooters would have needed to be in position not much later than 12:00 Noon?
I guess everybody's favorite lone assassin somehow divined the correct time to crawl into his lair [another  hapless coincidence]...or there were indeed communications ahead with notification of the parade's progress.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #170 on: September 15, 2019, 03:54:28 AM »

Offline Frederick Clements

« Reply #171 on: September 15, 2019, 11:24:56 AM »

According to Hosty's notes  Oswald claimed that he was watching JFK's parade during the shooting.

Fred

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #172 on: September 15, 2019, 12:08:08 PM »
According to Hosty's notes  Oswald claimed that he was watching JFK's parade during the shooting.

Fred

Which would seem to contradict what Oswald told the reporters in the hallway, wouldn't it?  (Unless, of course, one were to accept the lame argument that Oswald was Prayer Person, and that one could reasonably consider that where he was standing was "inside" the building.)

Which would tend to indicate that Oswald was a serial teller of non-truths, imho.

--  MWT   ;)

« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 07:55:51 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #172 on: September 15, 2019, 12:08:08 PM »

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #173 on: September 15, 2019, 01:58:57 PM »
In fact...according to the schedule timeline, the President was due to arrive at the Dallas Trade Mart at 12:30 CST [the time of the shooting] so would that not mean that any shooter or shooters would have needed to be in position not much later than 12:00 Noon?
I guess everybody's favorite lone assassin somehow divined the correct time to crawl into his lair [another  hapless coincidence]...or there were indeed communications ahead with notification of the parade's progress.

Jerry,

This is a great point by the way. What happens with a lot of people who support the WC is that they can't put themselves into the actual event back then, to imagine what it was like to be there during the daily series of events. With people moving around, with Oswald doing his thing so to speak. There were people everywhere in that people coming and going, doing their work, grabbing their lunch and so on.

Oswald was seen out and about. I'm pretty sure that the speech at the Trade Mart was to begin sooner and, therefore, the parade would have passed by the building before 12.30, which basically supports even more the idea that Oswald was not involved. How could he be the way he was running orders, riding the elevator, grabbing his lunch and so on. It shows the opposite of what Nutters and the WC want to show. How could this so-called crazy nut have built this elaborate lair and *somehow" snuck the gun in, then had the time to put it together - and not even have the chance to sight the scope with practice shots - have known when the car was going to go by? They were laying flooring down on the 6th floor that day for crissake!. It defies belief and all common plausibility. The world doesn't work that way.

Further, I read somewhere that one of the workers who testified said that he was with Oswald earlier in the day and he asked this worker what all of the commotion was about in Dealey.

The sniper lair was overkill - the boxes were so elaborately set up that it was not actually easy to get in and out of the lair.

And so on...

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #174 on: September 15, 2019, 03:14:15 PM »
From memory Frazier asked Shelley if the 6th floor crew could break early for lunch that day.

Can anyone confirm? I can’t find it in his testimony.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #174 on: September 15, 2019, 03:14:15 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #175 on: September 15, 2019, 07:57:46 PM »
Frederick Clements posted:

"According to Hosty's notes  Oswald claimed that he was watching JFK's parade during the shooting."

Which would seem to contradict what Oswald told the reporters in the hallway, wouldn't it?  (Unless, of course, one were to accept the lame argument that Oswald was Prayer Person, and that one could reasonably consider that where he was standing was "inside" the building.)

Which would tend to indicate that Oswald was a shifty, streetwise teller of non-truths, imho.

Changed into a responsive answer and posted for y'alls' consideration.

--  MWT

PS  Yeah, from the sixth floor window!

LOL

« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 08:11:56 PM by Thomas Graves »