Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The "Domino Room Alibi"  (Read 73132 times)

Offline Colin Crow

Re: The "Domino Room Alibi"
« Reply #160 on: September 15, 2019, 02:32:07 AM »
Advertisement
Well, yes, of course that was LHO's aim. To try and garner an "alibi". What else?

But that attempted alibi goes up in smoke by taking just one look at this picture (which contains BOTH of Lee's "alibi" companions)....

So you believe Oswald claimed he ate lunch with them? And that would somehow be an alibi for him until.....those two were questioned. He even knew that the TSBD employees were at City Hall when he arrived. Williams saw him and he walked past Lovelady.

If he was sitting in the SN and knew those two were just below him as has been suggested how stupid to say that they were with him eating lunch when he knew they weren’t?  Gimme a break....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #160 on: September 15, 2019, 02:32:07 AM »

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #161 on: September 15, 2019, 02:34:22 AM »
If he was sitting in the SN and knew those two were just below him as has been suggested how stupid to say that they were with him eating lunch when he knew they weren’t?  Gimme a break....

See my last post above.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 02:34:49 AM by David Von Pein »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #162 on: September 15, 2019, 02:36:27 AM »
Yeah, I see what you're getting at, Colin. My "Number 3" scenario in my earlier post doesn't make much sense then, does it?

So I guess I'll have to scrap that #3 suggestion above....unless somebody can come up with a theory in which Oswald wants to be believed about having lunch on the first floor with Jarman & Norman at the time when JFK is being shot AND also knows that J&N weren't on the first floor at 12:30 at all. (That would kind of make Oswald out to be a bit on the INSANE and FREAKIN' NUTS side, wouldn't it?)

Good catch there, Colin. Thanks. :)

I posted while you were replying it seems....

So, can we agree that it is likely that Oswald did not claim to eat lunch with them? But made some other reference to those two in particular that he believed might help his situation.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #162 on: September 15, 2019, 02:36:27 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #163 on: September 15, 2019, 02:46:39 AM »
The thing is, Norman and Jarman didn’t even eat lunch together that day.

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #164 on: September 15, 2019, 02:47:09 AM »
I posted while you were replying it seems....

So, can we agree that it is likely that Oswald did not claim to eat lunch with them? But made some other reference to those two in particular that he believed might help his situation.

Yeah, that he probably brazenly claimed to have seen them walking around, or through, part of the first floor while he was eating lunch in the Domino Room.

--  MWT   ;)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #164 on: September 15, 2019, 02:47:09 AM »

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #165 on: September 15, 2019, 02:48:29 AM »

Oh, no. I think Oswald probably DID (at one time or another on Nov. 22 or 23) claim to be eating lunch with Jarman & Norman. I just had not properly thought out all of my #3 "scenario" that I laid out in my previous post. (I'm wiping the egg off my face as we speak.)

But I also can see your point regarding Oswald trying to use J&N as alibi witnesses----even though LHO would have to know that BOTH men are obviously going to say they didn't eat with Lee at all.

I think Lee's thoughts were a bit muddled right after he shot the President. His "alibi" plan was not exactly---shall we say---a good one.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 02:53:33 AM by David Von Pein »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #166 on: September 15, 2019, 03:08:20 AM »
Oh, no. I think Oswald probably DID (at one time or another on Nov. 22 or 23) claim to be eating lunch with Jarman & Norman. I just had not properly thought out all of my #3 "scenario" that I laid out in my previous post. (I'm wiping the egg off my face as we speak.)

But I also can see your point regarding Oswald trying to use J&N as alibi witnesses----even though LHO would have to know that BOTH men are obviously going to say they didn't eat with Lee at all.

I think Lee's thoughts were a bit muddled right after he shot the President. His "alibi" plan was not exactly---shall we say---a good one.

Oswald was no dummy, and his brazenly claiming that he had seen "Junior" and another Negro (but leaving it wide open as to whether or not they had "seen" him) walking through the first floor while he was (not) having lunch in the D.R. was pretty clever of him, imho.

If Jarman and Norman were noisy (laughing, yelling) on the fifth floor while waiting for the motorcade to come by, Oswald in his sixth floor sniper's nest could have heard them and recognized their voices (at least Junior's), and intuited that they must have recently walked through the first floor to get there, and maybe even walked by the D.R. in doing so.

--  MWT   ;)

« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 03:16:14 AM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #166 on: September 15, 2019, 03:08:20 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #167 on: September 15, 2019, 03:11:33 AM »

Not a problem David.....I make mistakes and incorrect assumptions frequently. That's how we learn after all. That is my motivation for participating in this forum, to expand my understanding.

As I said previously a better bet for an Oswald alibi would have been "sighting" Troy West. Still paper thin but given his normal routine, more predicable. Funny he didn’t say BRW...... ;D