Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The "Domino Room Alibi"  (Read 73059 times)

Offline Colin Crow

Re: The "Domino Room Alibi"
« Reply #152 on: September 15, 2019, 01:57:50 AM »
Advertisement
OK. You might very well be correct on this point, Colin. I was merely providing a possible answer (re: "references") to this question that you asked me....

I provided a reference (Lovelady's testimony).

That's all. (FWIW.)

Thank you.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #152 on: September 15, 2019, 01:57:50 AM »

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #153 on: September 15, 2019, 02:03:57 AM »
Sorry for the delay, Martin....

Fair enough, but then there is this; according to some interrogation reports Oswald made some vague comment about two negros being in (or walking through) the room where he was. Unfortunately, we don't really know what Oswald actually said verbatim, so we have to rely on the notes made by the interrogators and their choice of words for writing it in their report. However, having said that, I think that the combined reports do clearly suggest that Oswald did in fact make some comment about negros being in (or walking through) the room.

So, as he identified one of them by name, some time ago, I tried to establish a timeline for the movements of Jarman and Norman prior to their arrival at the 5th floor, and the conclusion was that these two men did indeed pass through the shipping area (visible from the Domino room) just minutes prior to the shooting. I am aware of the LN theory that Oswald first saw Jarman and Norman from the 6th floor window and later heard them talking (and identifying them) below him, which is why he concocted the story of seeing both men, but IMO that's a very weak narrative for two reasons; (1) During my visit to the TSBD, some years ago, I tried to look down to where I understood Norman and Jarman were supposed to have been and found it impossible to see that location from there and (2) if Oswald was able to identify both men by the sound of their voice, IMO those men on the 5th floor should also have been able to hear the movement on the floor above them, prior to the shots, which they didn't!

Which leaves me with a bit of a mystery. If I am being kind to Oswald, I could argue that he was indeed in the Domino room when he saw Norman and Jarman enter the loading area and walking towards the elevators, which means that it is possible that the interrogators simply were not precise enough in their reports.

So, here's the question; since we have already agreed that Oswald could have made it to the 6th floor in roughly the same time Norman and Jarman made it to the 5th floor, why are the LNs fighting so hard to ridicule and dismiss the scenario I have just outlined based on nothing else than those vague (and possibly wrong or incomplete) remarks in the interrogation reports?

There are numerous possibilities here:

1. Oswald could have just simply guessed (correctly) when he said to Fritz he had seen Jarman & Norman on the 1st floor. After all, we know for a fact that both Jarman and Norman DID see (and talk to) Oswald a little earlier in the morning on the first floor. So Lee knew that both men did come to work that day. And there weren't THAT many warehouse workers to choose from (via a "wild guess" scenario). And maybe Oswald had seen Jarman & Norman together on previous days and assumed they hung out together. ~shrug~

2. Oswald could have actually been in the Domino Room shortly before 12:30 and could have physically seen J&N. (I don't think this is the correct solution, but I can't entirely discount it either.)

And how about this possibility....

3. I'm wondering if it's just remotely possible (due to the open windows on both the 5th and 6th floors) that Oswald could have leaned out of his SN window, looked down toward the fifth floor, and caught a glimpse of Jarman & Norman leaning out of their respective windows below him? (Granted, this is probably not a likely solution---especially since Oswald would not likely want to "advertise" his presence in the Sniper's Nest by leaning out of his window---but can it be ruled out entirely?) ~additional shrug~

More food for thought anyway.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 02:12:01 AM by David Von Pein »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #154 on: September 15, 2019, 02:07:13 AM »
* The above figure of "27 work days" does not include the date of Monday, November 11th, 1963, which was a federal holiday (Veterans Day), and we know that Lee Oswald spent that whole day at Ruth Paine's house in Irving, Texas.

You mean to say he came out to Irving on a day that wasn’t a Friday?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #154 on: September 15, 2019, 02:07:13 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #155 on: September 15, 2019, 02:08:28 AM »
Sorry for the delay, Martin....

There are numerous possibilities here:

Oswald could have just simply guessed (correctly) when he said to Fritz he had seen Jarman & Norman on the 1st floor. (After all, we know for a fact that both Jarman and Norman DID see (and talk to) Oswald a little earlier in the morning on the first floor. So Lee knew that both men did come to work that day. And there weren't THAT many warehouse workers to choose from (via a "wild guess" scenario). And maybe Oswald had seen Jarman & Norman together on previous days and assumed they hung out together.

Oswald could have actually been in the Domino Room shortly before 12:30 and could have physically seen J&N. (I don't think this is the correct solution, but I can't entirely discount it either.)

And how about this possibility....

I'm wondering if it's just remotely possible (due to the OPEN windows on both the 5th and 6th floors) that Oswald could have leaned out of his SN window, looked down toward the fifth floor, and cauight a glimpse of Jarman & Norman below him? This is probably not a likely solution---especially since Oswald would not likely want to "advertise" his presence in the Sniper's Nest by leaning out of his window---but can it be ruled out entirely?

More food for thought.

Do you think that Oswald claimed he ate lunch in the Domino room with them as any attempt to provide a believable alibi?

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #156 on: September 15, 2019, 02:15:02 AM »
You mean to say he came out to Irving on a day that wasn’t a Friday?

No. He didn't COME OUT to Irving with Frazier on Monday, 11/11. Lee merely STAYED at Ruth's house for an extra day.

And there WAS one time he DID travel to Irving that wasn't a Friday. It was on Monday, October 21 (the day after his new baby was born).

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #156 on: September 15, 2019, 02:15:02 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #157 on: September 15, 2019, 02:16:55 AM »
No. He didn't COME OUT to Irving with Frazier on Monday, 11/11. Lee merely STAYED at Ruth's house for an extra day.

And there WAS one time he DID travel to Irving that wasn't a Friday. It was on Monday, October 21 (the day after his new baby was born).

Thanks. I knew there was another non-Friday that he came out.

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #158 on: September 15, 2019, 02:19:12 AM »
Do you think that Oswald claimed he ate lunch in the Domino room with them as any attempt to provide a believable alibi?

Well, yes, of course that was LHO's aim. To try and garner an "alibi". What else?

But that attempted alibi goes up in smoke by taking just one look at this picture (which contains BOTH of Lee's "alibi" companions)....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #158 on: September 15, 2019, 02:19:12 AM »

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #159 on: September 15, 2019, 02:30:47 AM »

Yeah, I see what you're getting at, Colin. My "Number 3" scenario in my earlier post doesn't make much sense then, does it?

So I guess I'll have to scrap that #3 suggestion above....unless somebody can come up with a theory in which Oswald wants to be believed about having lunch on the first floor with Jarman & Norman at the time when JFK is being shot AND also knows that J&N weren't on the first floor at 12:30 at all. (That would kind of make Oswald out to be a bit on the INSANE and FREAKIN' NUTS side, wouldn't it?)

Good catch there, Colin. Thanks. :)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 02:32:46 AM by David Von Pein »